This is my first BlackBerry phone in about 10 years so I feel brand new again. This may be a stupid question but where are the photos? There is no photo gallery like on my samsung or iphone. I transferred pictures from my old phone but can't seem to find them anywhere. I can't find the pictures I take with this phone either. Other than that, I am in love with BlackBerry phones again!
    11-25-15 01:01 PM
    This is my first BlackBerry phone in about 10 years so I feel brand new again. This may be a stupid question but where are the photos? There is no photo gallery like on my samsung or iphone. I transferred pictures from my old phone but can't seem to find them anywhere. I can't find the pictures I take with this phone either. Other than that, I am in love with BlackBerry phones again!
    There is no BlackBerry gallery app. The app is called Google Photos and is the one by default on the phone.

If it is not to your liking there are a lot of photo apps (free ones) on the Play Store.
    11-25-15 01:22 PM
    Without question, the absolute worst part of the Priv is its reliance on Google for just about everything. This includes photos. They magically vanish and I have had the same annoying problem as almost every other Priv user. I am DEF not recommending this phone for a lot of reasons, but the photo blackhole is by far the worst!
    OfficerRandall likes this.
    12-23-15 02:07 AM
    Quickpic is a good replacement app.. . I tried on Priv and works pretty good and nifty...

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-23-15 02:20 AM
    Without question, the absolute worst part of the Priv is its reliance on Google for just about everything. This includes photos. They magically vanish and I have had the same annoying problem as almost every other Priv user. I am DEF not recommending this phone for a lot of reasons, but the photo blackhole is by far the worst!
    There is no photo back hole. Every single one of my photos is in Google Photos.

12-23-15 04:12 AM
    Quickpic is a good replacement app.. . I tried on Priv and works pretty good and nifty...

Cheetah Mobile who owns QuickPic mines your data, hard.

12-23-15 04:13 AM
    I use Asus photo app...it's great.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...emanager&hl=en

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Mark Sb; 12-24-15 at 08:15 AM.
    12-23-15 04:13 AM
    Cheetah Mobile who owns QuickPic mines your data, hard.

Seriously??
    12-23-15 07:32 PM
    I use Asus photo app...it's great.

Posted via CB10
    Second Edit: Nevermind again, seems the ASUS Gallery app isn't compatible with this device...

Edit: Nevermind, found the app. I also went through the rest of the apps offered by ASUS. They seem to have a nice selction. Some of them even feel at home and natural on the Priv.
    Personally i think a lot of these should have just been offered Native from BlackBerry. It would have added more to the BlackBerry experience on the Priv, but o well.

Which app exactly? I looked in the Play Store and couldnt find it. (maybe I am blind)

On a side note, I downloaded the ASUS File Manager and it seems to be pretty nice. Kind of pumped that I found that by mistake.
    Last edited by vpblaze; 12-23-15 at 10:48 PM.
    12-23-15 10:30 PM
    F-Stop and Snapseed are the best photo apps!

12-24-15 03:50 AM
    In hurry, BlackBerry forget to add File Explorer, Photo and video apps

Posted via Passport
    12-24-15 04:32 AM
    I like the HTC Gallery application.

But I'm gonna look for one with a faster crop feature. HTC Gallery cropping involves like 5 click through menus just to crop. The Samsung one crops in one click, might see if XDA has the apk.

12-24-15 05:35 AM
    In hurry, BlackBerry forget to add File Explorer, Photo and video apps

Posted via Passport
    All completely unnecessary since they're provided by Google or countless options in the Play Store.

12-24-15 06:09 AM
    Second Edit: Nevermind again, seems the ASUS Gallery app isn't compatible with this device...

Edit: Nevermind, found the app. I also went through the rest of the apps offered by ASUS. They seem to have a nice selction. Some of them even feel at home and natural on the Priv.
    Personally i think a lot of these should have just been offered Native from BlackBerry. It would have added more to the BlackBerry experience on the Priv, but o well.

Which app exactly? I looked in the Play Store and couldnt find it. (maybe I am blind)

On a side note, I downloaded the ASUS File Manager and it seems to be pretty nice. Kind of pumped that I found that by mistake.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...emanager&hl=en
    12-24-15 08:13 AM
    All completely unnecessary since they're provided by Google or countless options in the Play Store.

really ? all other phone manufacturer are stupid? like Samsungy, HTC even Huwai
    12-24-15 09:08 AM
    really ? all other phone manufacturer are stupid? like Samsungy, HTC even Huwai
    In providing those apps, yes. It makes for duplicative bloatware, which smart Android users detest.
    12-24-15 09:09 AM

Install Solid Explorer and you have instant access to your photographs from the menu select Photos. No Google Photo necessary.

BlackBerry Priv with CrackBerry App for Android
    12-25-15 01:18 PM
    There is no "blackhole".

On Android, depending on the manufacturer, your gallery app will differ. It's always called either "Gallery", "Photos", or "Pictures". Along those lines, so just check your app drawer for the Gs and Ps. Blackberry decided not to include one because Google already offers its own, called "Photos" (or "Google Photos"). I don't personally like it, so I don't use it. I've used Quickpic for years; however, the app was recently taken over by a new developer (Cheetah Mobile) who is notorious for data mining, so many Android users moved away from Quickpic to other gallery apps. I haven't moved away yet, though.
    12-25-15 06:42 PM
    Play nice and keep the personal digs out of it folks

Luc | Community Moderator
    12-25-15 07:50 PM
    Anyone else here have a problem with the phone taking a long time loading the photos when opening the stock photo app?

12-31-15 10:39 AM
    Anyone else here have a problem with the phone taking a long time loading the photos when opening the stock photo app?

Yes. That's why I use QuickPic App. Disabled Google Photos

Posted from my Priv!
    12-31-15 10:42 AM
    This is one of the most frustrating aspects of Android. Each photo editor creates its own directory and there is no centralized, automatic directory. This is really frustrating and I think a potential for BlackBerry to fit her differentiate their android phones I implore BlackBerry to consider aiming some of their basic but killer apps from 10 to the Priv: their file manager, photo and video managers and more features from the hub.

Last edited by kfehling; 01-05-16 at 10:58 AM.
    12-31-15 11:06 AM
    In providing those apps, yes. It makes for duplicative bloatware, which smart Android users detest.
    In an ideal world the OEMs would put their apps on the playstore so that users can uninstall and use what they want if they wish or just roll with came with the device
    I've been using LG's stock apps for a while, but am just now starting to use different ones, so i'm in the process of disabling and blocking some stock apps
    12-31-15 11:13 AM
    This is one of the most frustrating aspects of Android. Each photo editor creates its own directory and then is no centralizes, automatic directory. This is really frustrating and I think a potential for BlackBerry to fit her differentiate their android phones I implore BlackBerry to consider aiming some of their basic but killer apps from 10 to the Priv: their file manager, photo and video managers and more features from the hub.

The people that built those apps are probably long gone from Blackberry. That could be the reason very few apps were ported.
    To be fair I've always had a centralised photo directory despite using different apps
    12-31-15 11:16 AM
    I disagree with your assessment of bloatware. this is exactly why BB is where it is today, they chose
    not to be simplify the user experience, the move from bb 10 to Priv is worst I've ever seen , and the lack of planning by BB
    to ensure an easy migration is even worse.
    08-17-16 11:03 AM