Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    In photoapps, filemanagers, docs togo and what not, I can see that my SDCard is named: "4E2-2EA8"**.

Where and how do you rename your SDCard so that that name shows when you use various apps?

I already renamed it via my Windows 10 laptop, but this name doesn't stick (if it should do so to start with that is). When I use a Micro SD adapter and plug it in my Laptop I see the correct SD Card name.
    ____
    **Where does this number come from anyways? Are all 200GB SD Cards from Sandisk named this way or is it only my specific cards name?
    Last edited by WT44; 06-09-16 at 01:51 PM.
    06-09-16 12:45 PM
    It's not really a name but rather an ID and you can't change it. Some read just that ID no matter what you named it.
    FF22 likes this.
    06-09-16 12:47 PM
    It's not really a name but rather an ID and you can't change it. Some read just that ID no matter what you named it.
    Thanxs. Just for curiosity's sake, where does this ID number come from? Who has granted that ID number to this SDCard? Is that ID number given to every specific card by SanDisk or by Android? Would this number stick when I plug it into another Android phone? Do all 200GB have this identical ID number or does every 200GB card owner have another number?

Yeah, I know, I'm a curious mofo lol. but I find this interesting to know.
    Still sux though, that you can't rename and have to look at this generic card name all the time.
    06-09-16 01:06 PM
    Thanxs. Just for curiosity's sake, where does this ID number come from? Who has granted that ID number to this SDCard? Is that ID number given to every specific card by SanDisk or by Android? Would this number stick when I plug it into another Android phone? Do all 200GB have this identical ID number or does every 200GB card owner have another number?

Yeah, I know, I'm a curious mofo lol. but I find this interesting to know.
    Still sux though, that you can't rename and have to look at this generic card name all the time.
    Combo of things. What you're seeing is basically the short version of the full number.

Reading Internal SD Card Information CID, Serial number, PSN, date, manufacturer ID - Camera Memory Speed Comparison & Performance tests for SD and CF cards
    FF22 and WT44 like this.
    06-09-16 01:22 PM