Well this is the times

The priv was priced perfect and the s7 is also priced perfect.

The day the s7 releases the priv should drop 50 dollars.

Maybe 100 if Blackberry wants ultra sales. But they want to focus on profit vs vol. So probably 50

Posted via the Innovative Blackberry PRIV - Powered by Android
    02-22-16 05:08 PM
    Well, I for one, still think it's too much - and why I still don't have one.

I didn't get the S6 either. And don't plan to get the S7 for the same reason - too much for what's basically become disposable devices.

Still waiting on a decent replacement for my 2 and a half year old Z10 for a decent price.

Posted via CB10
    I replaced my Z10 with a Galaxy A5. Zero down and is on the Lite plan which reduces your bill by $10 a month. Very nice budget phone. Excellent build quality. Buy a Nexus 5x and save on your plan with an unlocked phone.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-16 05:08 PM
    PRIV is better than whatever was announced. I don't care about spec differences, that's not what makes the PRIV special and better than the G5 and S7. I don't care about "magic slots" and whatever other gimmicky BS a company tries to sell.

Really? Magic? That word used to describe the modular feature alone makes me never want a G5.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-22-16 06:08 PM
    PRIV is better than whatever was announced. I don't care about spec differences, that's not what makes the PRIV special and better than the G5 and S7. I don't care about "magic slots" and whatever other gimmicky BS a company tries to sell.

Really? Magic? That word used to describe the modular feature alone makes me never want a G5.

Lol magic slots is a stupid name for that, but everyone does gimmicks. It moves phones, BlackBerry should try it too lol. Note, I don't particularly like them myself.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-16 06:17 PM

I completely agree. Lg is the really trying to
    differentiate itself from Samsung but like you said all these features are gimmicks for kids.

Blackberry cannot compete on price. Only features and experience. There is no money in low priced phones for blackberry
    02-23-16 02:19 AM
    I completely agree. Lg is the really trying to
    differentiate itself from Samsung but like you said all these features are gimmicks for kids.

Blackberry cannot compete on price. Only features and experience. There is no money in low priced phones for blackberry
    But can you honestly answer: if it wasn't for the open-box deal you got, would you have bought the Priv? I know for me if it was what BlackBerry was asking for, I wouldn't be using the Priv right now.
    02-23-16 06:12 AM
    Really? Magic? That word used to describe the modular feature alone makes me never want a G5
    Saw the modules for the G5 and all I could think was why are they trying to add accessories like a Palm Treo?

Z10 10.3.2.2639 via CB10
    02-23-16 06:38 AM
    Samsung is at the position it is in because of the gimmicks they put in generation after generation. Remember Air Gesture? LG is doing the same thing.

BlackBerry is partly at the position it is in now because they refuse to put in any gimmicks in. Touch screen? No, physical keyboard and battery life are way more important. Multimedia? No I can watch video on large screens. LTE? Nah, 3G is faster enough and save battery juice. Camera? Of course not, who wants to take a photo with their phones when there are way better camera available?

Stuff you guys call gimmicks are innovations that may be unpopular right now... it may not be useful right away, and get adopted in large scale, but the point is to keep innovating... because the value accumulates, eventually it may reach a value proposition that is acceptable by the mass.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    JohnGrey likes this.
    02-23-16 01:12 PM
    Samsung is at the position it is in because of the gimmicks they put in generation after generation. Remember Air Gesture? LG is doing the same thing.

BlackBerry is partly at the position it is in now because they refuse to put in any gimmicks in. Touch screen? No, physical keyboard and battery life are way more important. Multimedia? No I can watch video on large screens. LTE? Nah, 3G is faster enough and save battery juice. Camera? Of course not, who wants to take a photo with their phones when there are way better camera available?

Stuff you guys call gimmicks are innovations that may be unpopular right now... it may not be useful right away, and get adopted in large scale, but the point is to keep innovating... because the value accumulates, eventually it may reach a value proposition that is acceptable by the mass.

BB didn't follow the trends and stuck to just having a keyboard. looks like that has changed now, i mean look at the camera on the Priv.
    02-23-16 01:51 PM
    BB didn't follow the trends and stuck to just having a keyboard. looks like that has changed now, i mean look at the camera on the Priv.
    Yeah they have learnt from their mistakes... at least in some areas.

02-23-16 02:00 PM
    Yeah they have learnt from their mistakes... at least in some areas.

and they should do more in the multimedia department, need more innovation
    02-23-16 02:24 PM
    Wow more sand is needed here.
    Some of the heads here are not able to go deep enough
    02-23-16 06:25 PM
37 12