Where are the folks that said PRIV for $399 on contract was expensive?
    look at S7 same price lol so is PRIV really expensive?

Galaxy S7: $399.99 on-contract / $899.99 outright
    Galaxy S7 edge: $499.99 on-contract / $999.99 outright
    02-21-16 10:17 PM
    Consider that the hardware especially the cpu,ram and camera after today's reveal of the S7 are previous gen now so it shouldn't command that price anymore. The priv will really need a price drop after today's new phones
    02-21-16 10:34 PM
    Anything new with s7?

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    02-21-16 10:37 PM
    Well, the S7 is new, and the Priv is now 3 months old. ... yeah

Posted via -sigh- Priv. Guess we have to get used to Android guys....
    02-21-16 10:41 PM
    Well, the S7 is new, and the Priv is now 3 months old. ... yeah

Yeah but when PRIV launched people where complaing with price tag...
    02-21-16 10:44 PM
    Difference is Samsung owns the android space, BlackBerry is a new entrant. You don't move phones charging the same price as the established head honcho. Not to mention 9/10 times the Samsung is packing the latest everything. And no I wouldn't get the S7 for that much either. Carriers taking full advantage of the Canadian market and it's lack of competition.

Posted via CB10
    Bbnivende likes this.
    02-21-16 10:59 PM
    Difference is Samsung owns the android space, BlackBerry is a new entrant. You don't move phones charging the same price as the established head honcho. Not to mention 9/10 times the Samsung is packing the latest everything. And no I wouldn't get the S7 for that much either. Carriers taking full advantage of the Canadian market and it's lack of competition.

Posted via CB10
    Well this is because customers complained to CRTC to move from 3 year contracts to 2 years
    02-21-16 11:06 PM
    S7 has newer faster procie, more ram, not to mention ddr4 vs ddr3....
    02-21-16 11:16 PM
    Anything new with s7?

Newest processors, bassicaly liquid cooling for said processors, more ram, possibly better camera, wireless charging (for the Canadian priv owners), water proof

Straight up performance wise it would kick the **** out of the priv if you care about total power.

Absolutely BB is the new kid on the block in the market, Samsung has a much larger (don't make me pull out stats or yall might cry) crowed of fan boys willing to drop the money somewhat regardless of the price.
    Yes BB has some too, but not no where near the size. And BB need to gain market share in general, Samsung just needs to steal apple users who pay even more for an iphone anyway.

Priv is expensive at 400 on contract in comparison to the rest of the market.
    Yes I understand making a slider costs more, but most phone users might not think about that.
    At 400 it's a real premium for a keyboard.
    02-21-16 11:31 PM

Well, I for one, still think it's too much - and why I still don't have one.

I didn't get the S6 either. And don't plan to get the S7 for the same reason - too much for what's basically become disposable devices.

Still waiting on a decent replacement for my 2 and a half year old Z10 for a decent price.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-16 11:40 PM
    Well this is because customers complained to CRTC to move from 3 year contracts to 2 years
    Considering we pay some of the highest rates in the world for our plans that's not saying much. There was no need to decrease subsidy. The carriers are just capitalizing on their monopoly, and the CRTC isn't helping by keeping big players out.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-16 05:45 AM
    Bell already dropped the price, and other carriers should follow soon. the Priv is expensive.
    02-22-16 12:02 PM
    Considering we pay some of the highest rates in the world for our plans that's not saying much. There was no need to decrease subsidy. The carriers are just capitalizing on their monopoly, and the CRTC isn't helping by keeping big players out.

Posted via CB10
    The idea was, get rid of the subsidy to lower the monthly, since it was once cited that was the cause of the high rates. But what we got instead was a convenient excuse for them to further raise prices.
    02-22-16 12:38 PM
    Well, the S7 is new with brand new hardware, and the Priv is now 3 months old with 2015 specs. ... yeah

FTFY
    JeepBB likes this.
    02-22-16 12:43 PM
    S7 on Tmobile USA will be 0 down $28 per month. Priv is $30, S7 Edge will be $32.50 .
    02-22-16 01:35 PM
    I'm waiting for Rogers to follow Bell down to 299 and I'm there although I will really, really miss Blend. Maybe they can sell Blend as an app for 2.99 or something on Google Play and free to PRIV owners? That would be terrific but I won't hold my breath.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-16 01:44 PM
    FTFY
    Well, 3 months ago WAS 2015... so I'm OK with that.

The specs on the Priv are pretty good. It's a flagship device.

Yes they are releasing devices with 820s and 4go of ram. But that's now.

And aside from a few outliers, it easily matched the top 2015 flagships.

The specs aren't the issue. It was the price for them, the Priv is way too expensive.

I still bought one, still pretty expensive.

02-22-16 01:48 PM
    Anything new with s7?

just the fact that its liquid cooled (better for games, and longer life of the phone) and water and dust proof are huge factors for me (among other things like thinner and faster)

Cant get that on the Priv. Seen way too many ppl complaining that the Priv runs hot. That would annoy the hell out of me.

Lets face it, Samsung upped their game big time with the S7..... BB has no chance of catching up, let along surpassing them in introducing innovative tech....
    02-22-16 01:53 PM
    Well, 3 months ago WAS 2015... so I'm OK with that.

The specs on the Priv are pretty good. It's a flagship device.

Yes they are releasing devices with 820s and 4go of ram. But that's now.

And aside from a few outliers, it easily matched the top 2015 flagships.

The specs aren't the issue. It was the price for them, the Priv is way too expensive.

I still bought one, still pretty expensive.

They're in the Android game now, so they need to think like Android OEMs. Android users will see the specs and start comparing to those of the same specs, namely the G4 and the Nexus 5X. Like you I bought one too, but same can't be said about most others.
    02-22-16 01:55 PM
    They're in the Android game now, so they need to think like Android OEMs. Android users will see the specs and start comparing to those of the same specs, namely the G4 and the Nexus 5X. Like you I bought one too, but same can't be said about most others.
    Oh, I agree. If Blackberry was going to try to be competitive, then we should see a new device from them, not a mid tier like the Vienna, but a Priv 2 or something.

With an SD 820, 4gb of ram, etc. Etc.

But we all know BlackBerry cannot and will not compete. In fact the Priv is most likely their last phone.

So yeah.

02-22-16 02:13 PM

Where are they that price? Not in the US.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-22-16 04:06 PM
    Where are they that price? Not in the US.

Those are Canadian carrier prices. Coincidentally the Priv is going for 899 up here.
    02-22-16 04:13 PM
    The idea was, get rid of the subsidy to lower the monthly, since it was once cited that was the cause of the high rates. But what we got instead was a convenient excuse for them to further raise prices.
    They always have a convenient excuse to increase prices, be it true or not.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-16 04:20 PM
    Oh, I agree. If Blackberry was going to try to be competitive, then we should see a new device from them, not a mid tier like the Vienna, but a Priv 2 or something.

With an SD 820, 4gb of ram, etc. Etc.

But we all know BlackBerry cannot and will not compete. In fact the Priv is most likely their last phone.

So yeah.

Blackberry priv is not blackberry last phone. Blackberry can compete on experience not hardware. I rather get priv with keyboard than Galaxy with 4gb of ram it is a phone. All these hardware specs are gimmicks. I cannot play call of duty on s7 just because of extra ram.

02-22-16 04:43 PM
    I'm still here and say it is still too much for EITHER phone. If I had that kind of money to pass around I still wouldn't buy it on principal alone I still haven't gotten a Passport because when it first came out in thought 249 was a bit steep.

02-22-16 04:54 PM
37 12