Are you guys sure the passport camera is the same as the G3?

I have the G3 and it was one of the best cameras on the market at the time.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-15 04:41 PM
    I'd be OK with a 3 megapixel sensor as long as it had lots of room to catch light with in low-light conditions.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-15 04:52 PM
    There were many reasons why I have ditched the q10/classic.
    One of them being the bad camera. Literally all pics inside a club/restaurant whatever or on the streets at evening are WHACK!
    I hope that with the arrival of the Slider I can ditch my IP 6 + BB 9900 and be a one-phone-man again like I was when the BB9900 just got released.

BTW, do we already know something about the video capabilities?
    Does it shoot in 4k????
    If anyone thinks that a camera phone with its tiny little lens can actually resolve down to 4k, they need to do some research.

If anyone else thinks that a 4k display makes any image quality difference over a 1080p display when viewed from any reasonable distance, they also need to do some research.

4k is all about the marketing.

Posted via CB10
    Joao Oliveira and dejanh like this.
    09-18-15 05:13 PM
    Are you guys sure the passport camera is the same as the G3?

I have the G3 and it was one of the best cameras on the market at the time.

Posted via CB10
    It's the same as G2 I believe the G3 uses a next gen Sony sensor

Posted via CB10
    09-18-15 05:35 PM
    I'm not sure it is. I haven't seen a side-by-side comparison between the two. Have you?

Posted via CB10
    Passport has the same camera as the LG G3, but with worse software the the G3, and without the laser focus that the G3 has to help focus. There are a lot of comparisons between iphone 5s and LG G3.

The iphone 5s has better camera than the passport, let alone the iphone 6. The passport camera has more resolution than Q10, Z10, Z30, etc, but other than that, the IQ isn't much better. I posted in crackberry a comparison between my Q10 and my passport, and the Passport was barelly better.
    09-18-15 06:23 PM
    There were many reasons why I have ditched the q10/classic.
    One of them being the bad camera. Literally all pics inside a club/restaurant whatever or on the streets at evening are WHACK!
    I hope that with the arrival of the Slider I can ditch my IP 6 + BB 9900 and be a one-phone-man again like I was when the BB9900 just got released.

BTW, do we already know something about the video capabilities?
    Does it shoot in 4k????
    We need to stop this "I need 4k"... 4K is NOT worth it on a phone unless the bitrate is really high, wich probably isn't since 4K with good bitrate have to be at least 100 Mbit/s... Yes, 100Mbits per second! Your run of the mill 64GB phone would be filled in minutes

A good dedicated video camera shooting at 1080p can resolve more detail than your consumer phone at 4k. On the phone, they just capture what they can at 4k, and artificially "sharpen" the footage to look crispier. But without a good bitrate, you're toasted.

The 4k is the new megapixel race like the "photography" just used to have. Then smart people started to realise that there's a lot more than the amount pixels an image has. Video will get there aswell.

4K is GREAT, I NEED 4K!!!

but... 4k is only 8 megapixels. Tell your average consumer if they want a video of 8megapixels, and they will say its CRAP!!!
    Last edited by Joao Oliveira; 09-18-15 at 06:46 PM.
    dejanh likes this.
    09-18-15 06:26 PM
    Just going to leave this here and see if anybody picks up on the reference.Where is the 18MP Slider's Camera from?-3n.png
    09-18-15 06:42 PM
    Who gives a **** about how many mega pixels the damn camera has. The human eye can't even tell the difference after about 8mp or so. Unless you are trying to reprint or blow up pictures you don't need it.

Please just give us a high quality sensor like the iphone 6. We need high quality images, and not the most pixels.

More megapixels equates to smaller photo sites, which usually means more noise and poorer low-light performance.
    What in the world are you talking about...the human eye can't tell the difference after 8mp? Ridiculous.

I know what the charts say, and none of that hogwash is true. What's more, downsampling from a high mp master will produce a far better looking low mp version.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-15 09:28 PM
    Passport has the same camera as the LG G3, but with worse software the the G3, and without the laser focus that the G3 has to help focus. There are a lot of comparisons between iphone 5s and LG G3.

The iphone 5s has better camera than the passport, let alone the iphone 6. The passport camera has more resolution than Q10, Z10, Z30, etc, but other than that, the IQ isn't much better. I posted in crackberry a comparison between my Q10 and my passport, and the Passport was barelly better.
    LG G3 uses Laser to help focus in low light but Passport in far better in low light than G3. I think iPhone cameras are just overrated.
    09-19-15 03:05 AM
    LG G3 uses Laser to help focus in low light but Passport in far better in low light than G3. I think iPhone cameras are just overrated.
    I don't know man..iPhones cameras have always been pretty damn good. I think finally phones like the S6 and LG G4 are finally either as good or better than the camera on iPhones.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    09-19-15 03:32 AM
    passport is not very good in low light, it has problems focusing, color acuracy is bad, and noise removal is WAY too agressive for my taste. They have same sensor, so one can't be much better that the other, it's all about the treatment each picture gets in software.
    09-19-15 05:10 AM
    BlackBerry Slider/Venice has Android, I am guessing that Android's camera software is far more polished/better at taking pictures than BlackBerry 10's simply because Android has had many many years to work on camera software.
    So, I expect Venice's camera (regardless of what lens is used) to be far far superior to BB10 camera performance (esp: fast focus)
    ayngling likes this.
    09-22-15 05:37 PM
    passport is not very good in low light, it has problems focusing, color acuracy is bad, and noise removal is WAY too agressive for my taste. They have same sensor, so one can't be much better that the other, it's all about the treatment each picture gets in software.
    Hey someone ban this user, he's disrespecting bb10...jk.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    09-22-15 05:51 PM
    China

Posted via CB10
    09-22-15 06:18 PM
    Schneider optics.
    Certainly it is . . . according to http://cdn03.androidauthority.net/wp...-6-840x630.jpg .

Posted via CB10
    09-22-15 06:37 PM
65 123