This is just Speculation....

...But the leaks so far told us that the slider will have a 18MP camera. Believing it's true, I wonder, who makes this camera? is there any other phone you could guess that has the same camera? Passport has the same camera from the LG G3.

The top cameras on the market at the moment seem to be Iphone 6 (8mp, and 12mp for the future 6s), Galaxy S6 (16mp) and Lg G4 (16mp)

So Slider's sensor won't be the same as the considered to be the best cameras on the market, maybe better, maybe worse, who knows (probabily not as good watching blackberry's past of not having awesome cameras)

So what's your guess?
    09-16-15 08:05 PM
    Schneider optics.
    09-16-15 08:16 PM
    18.2**
    cheers
    tufcustomer likes this.
    09-16-15 08:23 PM
    I'm not sure, but I hope they nailed the software on this one. If not they'd be better off sticking to the 16MP shooter in the S6 using their camera software which is pretty on point.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-15 10:31 PM
    To be honest I wouldn't mind having a last gen android flagship camera. They've gotten so absurdly good now that the year to year improvements just aren't as noticeable as before.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-15 12:19 AM
    To be honest I wouldn't mind having a last gen android flagship camera. They've gotten so absurdly good now that the year to year improvements just aren't as noticeable as before.

Posted via CB10
    To bad that BlackBerry still didn't get their act together with their OS and camera's...that focus is sooo horrible.
    If this camera is a killer, i really might be heading to it cause the camera on the passport really sometimes kills me

Posted via CB10
    09-17-15 12:47 AM
    All major Samsung cameras are equiped with Schneider Kreuznach optics. Cheers

Posted via CB10
    09-17-15 01:57 AM
    The camera sensor on the Venice is completely new and a mystery.

The passports sensor is Sony imx135 which is used in many phones.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-15 02:03 AM
    The camera sensor on the Venice is completely new and a mystery.

The passports sensor is Sony imx135 which is used in many phones.

Posted via CB10
    You getting one?
    09-17-15 02:03 AM
    You getting one?
    Depends on how google dependent the phone is.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-15 02:13 AM
    Should be interesting, OIS on the passport is great and although the passports camera isn't the best (my work s5 is quicker to focus and better in low light) it can take some great pictures. The lens is really good and gives a nice bokeh effect and blackberry haven't added too much processing to the image so noise isn't a biggie.

Hopefully they have kept all of the things that mean I use my passport as my main camera with better detail, low light and faster autofocus. I am sure I heard that phase detection autofocus would be included in the slider (a big win for the S5) in one of the many leaks.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-15 06:53 AM
    I just hope it focuses a lot faster than my annoying passport does,everytime I use it, it drives me crazy,lol
    09-17-15 07:05 AM
    On some leaks it says fast focus on the bezel. On others like in the opening post it looks like it will say phase detect AF. So focusing should be quick. Unsure of the manufacturer of the sensor as no-one is really touting a 18MP camera.
    Joao Oliveira likes this.
    09-17-15 07:45 AM
    I'm led to believe the camera on this phone will be good. 18.2MP sounds like some serious stuff, I don't think Chen would allow a crappy camera in this when everything else is top notch, dual edge amoled 2k screen, fiberweave glass backing, high end camera, capacitive keyboard, front facing speakers...

Why would they skimp out on the optics?
    ayngling and astrodan13 like this.
    09-17-15 07:52 AM
    I'm led to believe the camera on this phone will be good. 18.2MP sounds like some serious stuff, I don't think Chen would allow a crappy camera in this when everything else is top notch, dual edge amoled 2k screen, fiberweave glass backing, high end camera, capacitive keyboard, front facing speakers...

Why would they skimp out on the optics?
    Seeing as you know what you know, can you give any indication of battery size? Sorry for side tracking the thread OP.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-15 08:15 AM
    Schneider optics.
    If this is true, then I am excited. I don't know how their modern smartphone optics compare to others', but Schneider-Kreuznach is a great company with a great history.

All major Samsung cameras are equiped with Schneider Kreuznach optics. Cheers

Posted via CB10
    Then this is good news. Curious how closely we are building to Samsung (and with that curved screen).

Posted via CB10
    ayngling likes this.
    09-17-15 08:53 AM
    This is the first phone I've ever seen to actually display the Schneider logo.

There's some serious optical power inside the Slider.

Wide vision, from Chile.
    ayngling likes this.
    09-17-15 08:56 AM
    Really hope they nail it on the camera this time.
    Besides messaging, it's by far my top feature on a phone.

I clicked this on my Passport.
    ayngling likes this.
    09-17-15 08:57 AM
    Probably is just licensing the use of Schneider brand and it has nothing to do with actually manufacturing the lens.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-15 09:02 AM
    On some leaks it says fast focus on the bezel. On others like in the opening post it looks like it will say phase detect AF. So focusing should be quick. Unsure of the manufacturer of the sensor as no-one is really touting a 18MP camera.
    Yes phase detection is basically confirmed. This means that it gonna be great!

Posted via CB10
    09-17-15 10:14 AM
    Yes phase detection is basically confirmed. This means that it gonna be great!

Posted via CB10
    09-17-15 12:15 PM
    Seeing as you know what you know, can you give any indication of battery size? Sorry for side tracking the thread OP.
    The most recent rumoured battery spec is 3050 mAh.
    tufcustomer likes this.
    09-17-15 08:06 PM
    The most recent rumoured battery spec is 3050 mAh.
    09-17-15 08:09 PM

Posted via CB10
    There are a few things I don't know. This being one of them. Which leads me to believe they were still deciding when the document went up. That, or it's just not listed. This is one thing that has me concerned. Better be 3500(it's doable).
    09-17-15 08:12 PM
    There are a few things I don't know. This being one of them. Which leads me to believe they were still deciding when the document went up. That, or it's just not listed. This is one thing that has me concerned. Better be 3500(it's doable).
    Hmm, I'm really hoping it's in that range too. At the very least Passport size.

Posted via CB10
    ayngling likes this.
    09-17-15 09:26 PM
65 123