Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
09-10-17 01:01 PM
56 123
tools
    5X Got it...

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Attached Thumbnails When Will PRIV get Nougat?-14868.jpg  
    09-18-16 03:24 AM
    Along with BlackBerry 10s getting OS 10.3.3.
    09-18-16 03:43 AM
    5X Got it...

5X is a Nexus, of course it got it.

I'd also like to hear an ETA from BB, but I guess we'll just have to wait. I wouldn't even mind all that much if it remained on Marshmallow, but upgrading it to Nougat would prove that BB is very serious about their software and security.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-18-16 04:22 AM
    Customizing a major OS version requires a lot more effort than patching the existing builds with security fixes. I don't think we'll see Android N for the PRIV (or any other BlackBerry powered by Android smartphone) this year.

09-18-16 04:30 AM
    5X Got it...

Comes out Monday 19th September.

But seriously, as stated above and in countless other threads, BlackBerry will release it once they have tailored it to them. Will be out when it's out.

BlackBerry PRIV STV100-1 6.0.1
    Classic SQC100-1/10.3.2.2876
    bluetroll and andy957 like this.
    09-18-16 07:08 AM
    I guess I'm ok with staying on lollipop on Verizon if they skip it for nougat but I'm not holding my breath for that either

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    09-18-16 07:21 AM
    If BlackBerry stays in hardware business... yes they will release Nougat at some point (later rather than sooner). I'd say the odds are pretty good that unlocked BlackBerries will see Nougat around the launch of Mercury/Rome.
    09-19-16 07:00 AM
    5X Got it...

When the PRIV can go buy a snickers bar is when it will get it
    09-19-16 10:11 AM
    I guess I'm ok with staying on lollipop on Verizon if they skip it for nougat but I'm not holding my breath for that either

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    Isn't Verizon the biggest carrier in the US? that's scary
    09-19-16 10:50 AM
    My Verizon PRIV hasn't received an update in 2 months.

09-19-16 12:16 PM
    What makes you think Priv is getting Nougat? Most android devices besides the Nexus line are extremely lucky to even see one OS update in their life spans. A good majority of androids are never updated beyond what they were sold with.

Posted via CB10
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    09-19-16 12:55 PM
    What makes you think Priv is getting Nougat? Most android devices besides the Nexus line are extremely lucky to even see one OS update in their life spans. A good majority of androids are never updated beyond what they were sold with.

Posted via CB10
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...l#post12531061
    09-19-16 12:59 PM
    You owe me a quarter

HA! I got a Priv
    09-19-16 01:00 PM
    5X Got it...

There is already a thread for this post
    andy957 likes this.
    09-19-16 01:28 PM
    My Verizon PRIV hasn't received an update in 2 months.

Same here. So much for security!

09-19-16 01:37 PM
    Verizon has not sent out an update since June 1st, 2016. Who knows what the issue is!!!

09-19-16 01:41 PM
    Verizon has not sent out an update since June 1st, 2016. Who knows what the issue is!!!

Issue is they prioritize what their tech support people spend time on.

Sales - current and future as a big factor. Will an update significantly improve the user experience? Will it lead to more sales? How costly will it be to implement?

The PRIV was a flop, and an update with Marshmallow isn't going to change that. I expect that they'll eventually get it pushed out, but better selling product that cover a much larger percentage of their users will always come first.
    09-19-16 02:10 PM

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry are following the same process as Nexus devices. Two years of OS updates, and three years of security updates.
    09-19-16 02:51 PM
    BlackBerry are following the same process as Nexus devices. Two years of OS updates, and three years of security updates.
    I could care less for all these (monthly) "pseudo" security updates which few care about and which basically nobody even knows what life changing protection they granted compared to devices that don't have these (monthly) security updates. This whole marketing strategy of Priv being the most secure Android phone is just plain silly.

What about stuff that really matters for the average normal consumer.
    Meaning, tweaking those OS updates to cater a larger amount of peoples interests. Tweaking the software in a way that it becomes more unique compared to standard Android. Like they did for Lollipop. An unique tweak was that BB - as the only company?!- somehow managed to keep USB MASS STORAGE as one of the options when connecting the phone to a computer. I really don't understand why one has to remove a tweak with Marshmallow that was unique to the Priv and a nice add for Legacy OS folks (like me). Tweaks like that are useful on a day to day basis. Not these apparent (monthly) pseudo security updates which the normal consumer just doesn't care about. Practical stuff is what matters. I hope they continue on that road instead of those "lame" security patches. What I do find very useful on the other hand, are the app updates that regularly are being released. Wish the OS would be tweaked/updated in the same manner: make peoples lives/workflow more comfy.
    09-19-16 04:17 PM
    I could care less for all these (monthly) "pseudo" security updates which few care about and which basically nobody even knows what life changing protection they granted compared to devices that don't have these (monthly) security updates. This whole marketing strategy of Priv being the most secure Android phone is just plain silly.

What about stuff that really matters for the average normal consumer.
    Meaning, tweaking those OS updates to cater a larger amount of peoples interests. Tweaking the software in a way that it becomes more unique compared to standard Android. Like they did for Lollipop. An unique tweak was that BB somehow managed to keep USB MASS STORAGE as one of the options when connection the phone to a computer. Stuff like that are useful on a day to day basis. Not these apparent (monthly) pseudo security updates which the normal consumer just doesn't care about. Practical stuff is what matters.
    That would be why I differentiated the updates.

Two years of OS updates, and three years of security updates.
    But good rant. Would read again. You can read more about the Nexus policy here.
    09-19-16 04:19 PM

Posted via CB10
    Slip of tongue?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe.../#post12575827

That would be why I differentiated the updates.

But good rant. Would read again. You can read more about the Nexus policy here.
    I added a few lines to appear less bitter though.
    I would also hope they would invest some time to develop one of a kind apps. But that might be pushing it too much.
    Mirko935 likes this.
    09-19-16 04:34 PM
    But that might be pushing it too much.
    Outside of what they've already created... Probably. lol
    09-19-16 04:36 PM
    If you want updates beyond 2 years you'll need to get a iphone or deal with custom roms on android but I understand it's a business
    09-19-16 07:25 PM
    My guess is early 2017 after BlackBerry tweaks the OS

Posted via CB10
    09-20-16 02:29 AM
    My guess is early 2017 after BlackBerry tweaks the OS

Posted via CB10
    Mid to late 2018 when Verizon finally realizes it's been available for a year or so.
    09-20-16 08:52 AM
56 123