Fulfilled my curiosity today, and stopped by AT&T store

That thing is huge. I don't see myself moving myself from a Q10 to carrying something that won't comfortably fit a pocket.
    Still excited about the new line, but this one is not for me.

Is there a smaller version on the horizon? I think Q10 will fullfill my needs until then.
    12-21-15 04:11 PM
    A mini priv, really
    12-21-15 04:14 PM
    I'd be surprised if they made a smaller version given one of the main criticisms is that the keyboard is too small for a lot of people.
    12-21-15 04:30 PM
    Never!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-21-15 04:32 PM

If they are still making phones then.
    12-21-15 04:49 PM
    I don't think so given that Chen only wants to release 1 to 2 devices per year. Expect 2016 to be the year of a classic/q10 android device from blackberry and either a passport or a full touchscreen android blackberry device.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-15 05:13 PM
    I'd be surprised if they made a smaller version given one of the main criticisms is that the keyboard is too small for a lot of people.
    This.

Coming from a Passport the keyboard does seem small. But i'll get used to it.
    12-21-15 09:07 PM
    mini priv....i dare to say the keyboard would be unusable
    12-21-15 09:58 PM
    Unless they made it a landscape slider...

Posted via CB10
    12-21-15 10:05 PM

That thing is huge. I don't see myself moving myself from a Q10 to carrying something that won't comfortably fit a pocket.

Is there a smaller version on the horizon? I think Q10 will fullfill my needs until then.
    A mini Priv? How can you even conceive that?

Posted via CB10
    12-21-15 10:50 PM
    12-22-15 12:49 PM
    Thread above mentions that keyboards are pretty identical on Q10 and Priv.
    12-22-15 12:53 PM
    Oh please. I had one of these:

When is mini Priv coming-440x330-hp-veer1.jpg
    12-22-15 12:58 PM
    Oh please. I had one of these:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	440x330-hp-veer1.jpg 
Views:	410 
Size:	37.2 KB 
ID:	385349
    Thanks for that!

Have we forgotten how small the Torch was? I'd be more in favor of a smaller (Z10 or so) sized Priv, too. The whole point of the Slider phone, in my opinion, is to have full functionality in an overall more compact form. I don't think it's supposed to just make a large phone even bigger... I still want one though!
    12-22-15 01:25 PM
    Never. There will never be a mini PRIV. As a matter of fact, if you don't buy a PRIV, there may never be another BlackBerry at all. Do you really want that on your shoulders?

If you're a BlackBerry fan, buy a PRIV and stop wondering if they'll make a mini PRIV, because it is a waste of your valuable time here on Earth.

Just buy a PRIV.

suprhasan likes this.
    12-22-15 01:38 PM

Hey I remember hearing that joke back in 2011 when people would say "...In 2012

Then I heard it in 2012 when people would say "In 2013

Then we heard it in 2013 when people would say "In 2014

Keep it up though. Maybe one year you might be right.

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    James Cowin and smart548 like this.
    12-22-15 01:44 PM
    This.

Coming from a Passport the keyboard does seem small. But i'll get used to it.
    But coming from other BlackBerries it is not. My Curve is tiny next to the Priv yet has the better keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-15 01:48 PM

The BlackBerry Priv is the same size as many smartphones these days. It is marginally larger than the BlackBerry Z10.

BlackBerry Priv with CrackBerry App for Android
    12-22-15 02:12 PM
    Probably not going to happen, but then again I'm not a hardware designer at BlackBerry.

I will say that the size of the Priv isn't too bad when compared to other smartphones on the market right now. It seems like everyone is going 5 inch screens and above these days.

Typed or swiped from my BlackBerry Priv
    12-22-15 02:13 PM
    Thanks for that!

Have we forgotten how small the Torch was? I'd be more in favor of a smaller (Z10 or so) sized Priv, too. The whole point of the Slider phone, in my opinion, is to have full functionality in an overall more compact form. I don't think it's supposed to just make a large phone even bigger... I still want one though!
    i used a hp veer for some time too... no problem with the small size, sure you need a bit of time to get used to it but in the end i was typing fast and blind.
    I would buy the priv instantly if it was smaller (and a bit cheaper) but with its size its just not the phone for me.
    I tried 5+ inch devices and im currently using a 5.0 inch phone but it really bothers me not being able to control it comfortable with one hand.

Sadly there really seems no end to the trend of making "smaller" tablets...
    i would buy two (one for my girlfriend and one for myself) if they would release a 4 inch slider.
    12-22-15 02:18 PM
    Never. There will never be a mini PRIV. As a matter of fact, if you don't buy a PRIV, there may never be another BlackBerry at all. Do you really want that on your shoulders?

If you're a BlackBerry fan, buy a PRIV and stop wondering if they'll make a mini PRIV, because it is a waste of your valuable time here on Earth.

Just buy a PRIV.

The complainers never intend to buy a BlackBerry Priv. They claim to want BlackBerry to continue making smartphones but refuse to buy the current generation of devices always saying "if only BlackBerry made a smartphone with feature X I would so buy it and get laid by the hot chick at my wireless carrier store." These people are the equivalent of ISIL murderers.

12-22-15 02:20 PM
    The complainers never intend to buy a BlackBerry Priv. They claim to want BlackBerry to continue making smartphones but refuse to buy the current generation of devices always saying "if only BlackBerry made a smartphone with feature X I would so buy it and get laid by the hot chick at my wireless carrier store." These people are the equivalent of ISIL murderers.

Not everyone has the money to spend 780€ for a device that wont fit their needs...
    Sorry but blaming people for not buying something they cant afford is really silly.
    12-22-15 02:26 PM
    Already was made! Wasn't very successful either. It was called �Torch� or so called iPhone killer 😒

Posted via Priv
    12-22-15 03:16 PM
    Already was made! Wasn't very successful either. It was called ”Torch” or so called iPhone killer 

Posted via Priv

I liked the Torch,
    12-22-15 03:33 PM
    Torch was only on at&t if I recall. Maybe that was the reason for lack of success. I only had the Q10 for about a year. Now that it doesn't depend on blackberry servers it's got plenty of life eveb if they kill the old OS.

I have a buddy that used moto startacs until iphone2 came out

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by NetComrade; 12-22-15 at 10:35 PM.
    12-22-15 10:13 PM
38 12