It's really weird, I don't think this was happening before.
    When I try to search straight from keyboard from home screen, the first letter shows up, then cursor appears on the left of the character.
    So let's say I start typing

"Weather"

It shows up as
    eatherW

Because when I hit W, then search bar appears with cursor before W like this:

gizmo21 likes this.
    11-27-16 12:31 AM
    I believe there's a thread that mentions this issue. I can't recall if it is being addressed.

What version OS are you on?
    11-27-16 09:47 AM
    Same issue here
    heading4tomorrow likes this.
    11-27-16 05:27 PM
    I believe there's a thread that mentions this issue. I can't recall if it is being addressed.

What version OS are you on?
    I tried to search, but didn't get a close hit. If someone can spot it, this can be merged.

I am on 6.0.1 / Nov 6th Patch on STV100-1.

This is really annoying, I am used to typing straight away for emails or web searches and my Passport never failed me before.
    11-27-16 07:37 PM
    This is the issue I had. Submitted a thread called "typing lag in Google app" because that's where my issue is.

If I type directly from the keyboard I have it search my phone and that works well.

Problem is with the Google App get the same typing lag problem. Swipe up from the home button and start typing but series lag and cursor goes back to the front.

I hate it but learned to wait the 2-3 seconds before typing. It's annoying and frustrating, but don't know how to fix it
    11-27-16 08:49 PM
    I tried to search, but didn't get a close hit. If someone can spot it, this can be merged.

I am on 6.0.1 / Nov 6th Patch on STV100-1.

This is really annoying, I am used to typing straight away for emails or web searches and my Passport never failed me before.
    I actually have responded to a similar thread before, with a slightly different issue. When I type for universal search, the search bar can't keep up with my typing. For example, if I type "browser", I will get " bsbser" (I literally just typed it in now and that's my result). It's been addressed in more than one thread, apparently BlackBerry isn't going to address it though. Maybe somebody could lead Bryant to this thread and see what he says.
    11-27-16 08:58 PM
    This is the issue I had. Submitted a thread called "typing lag in Google app" because that's where my issue is.

If I type directly from the keyboard I have it search my phone and that works well.

Problem is with the Google App get the same typing lag problem. Swipe up from the home button and start typing but series lag and cursor goes back to the front.

I hate it but learned to wait the 2-3 seconds before typing. It's annoying and frustrating, but don't know how to fix it
    But that requires running the app first.
    I usually just start typing directly which skips the app step but it sounds like this issue will make the quick type and go system useless on PKB. If I have to run BlackBerry device search or Google search by using shortcuts or app icons first, I might as well use the on screen keyboard.
    11-27-16 10:15 PM
    It's an issue with the Google app that's popped up. Not the keyboard.

If you retap the search bar a couple of times, the issue doesn't present itself. I checked and my mom's S5 exhibits the same behavior.
    11-27-16 10:57 PM
    It's an issue with the Google app that's popped up. Not the keyboard.

If you retap the search bar a couple of times, the issue doesn't present itself. I checked and my mom's S5 exhibits the same behavior.
    No, it is NOT google app problem, what your Mom's S5 is experiencing might be related to another issue, especially since S5 does not have a keyboard to start typing before you launch google app.

The same issue happens if you set the default search app as Blackberry Search. The same text issue occurs with BB's own app as well.

What's even worse, if you set a keyboard shortcut to Google so you can hit G and launch Google search, it won't let you type because the focus is not on text field, you have to go up and tap on the search bar to start typing. Does anyone know if there is a way to launch google search directly with a keyboard shortcut while the focus is on text field so we don't have to tap back and forth, making the KB even more useless?

BB seems to have dropped the ball on this, I hope they understand that not a lot of people care about the PKB in terms of typing emails or chatting... PKB is great because it helps people do things faster, start applications, call using dialing shortcuts or speed dials, do more with KB other than just typing. Sadly, some of those functions are lacking on this nice device and it all seems to software related issues.

Does anyone have Google assigned to their Swipe shortcut? When you go to google using swipe form navigation bar, does it have the text field focused (ready to type) or do you have to tap on the screen?
    gizmo21 and ominaxe like this.
    11-27-16 11:27 PM
    This is NOT a problem with google app but with device search from homescreen. Has been there for month now but BlackBerry seems to ignore it - I even PMed DeeJayBB and C_bryant34 but for this particular case I haven't received an answer.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...pdate-1076834/

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-priv-1085924/

/blackberry-priv-f440/device-search-lag-1085194/

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...tised-1085415/

Perhaps this time a new thread leads to an bug report at BlackBerry, hope springs eternal.
    Last edited by gizmo21; 11-28-16 at 12:00 AM.
    11-27-16 11:48 PM
    This is NOT a problem with google app but with device search from homescreen. Has been there for month now but BlackBerry seems to ignore it - I even PMed DeeJayBB and C_bryant34 but for this particular case I haven't received an answer.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...pdate-1076834/

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-priv-1085924/

/blackberry-priv-f440/device-search-lag-1085194/

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...tised-1085415/

Perhaps this time a new thread leads to an bug report at BlackBerry, hope springs eternal.

I can't believe some of those issues were reported back in June and it didn't blow up to be a fiasco among BB users.
    I guess this shows you how many BB10 users actually moved to Priv.. Not a lot.. And those who did (like me and you) realized so many things are missing, and either adapted to the shortcomings or went back to Passport/etc. There will come a point where someone will go "screw this, if I need to use Android for some reason, I'll just buy a Samsung or Pixel or whatever instead of this" or like me seriously consider going back to Passport. I just don't enjoy replying to my emails anymore, it's really a shame. As a device, I still love the Priv, it looks nice, it works fine (for the most part) but if it can't function properly where it counts most, it just won't cut it for me.

Some of your threads did not even get a lot of response/feedback, that's even more puzzling.
    gizmo21 likes this.
    11-28-16 12:06 AM
    If you use BlackBerry Search app instead of Google's, you just need to type the first letter, wait a second or two for the app to launch, and then continue typing. That way it works well.

Despite the possibility of working around that issue, the Search app's performance should definitely be improved. It's probably the only thing regarding this phone that annoyed me a few times.
    11-28-16 04:23 AM
    But that requires running the app first.
    I usually just start typing directly which skips the app step but it sounds like this issue will make the quick type and go system useless on PKB. If I have to run BlackBerry device search or Google search by using shortcuts or app icons first, I might as well use the on screen keyboard.
    Gotcha. Sorry, my only issue is typing on the pkb to launch and search the Google App. When I just start typing for 'device search' there is no delay or jumbled letters.

Hopefully it's fixed soon.
    11-28-16 05:45 AM
    If you use BlackBerry Search app instead of Google's, you just need to type the first letter, wait a second or two for the app to launch, and then continue typing. That way it works well.

Despite the possibility of working around that issue, the Search app's performance should definitely be improved. It's probably the only thing regarding this phone that annoyed me a few times.
    Yeah, that would be the way webOS "Just Type" worked anno 2009 - sloooowwwwwlyyyyy.

And it does not work on BB device search if you had a previous search, as the old result isn't deleted and so it searches for 'weatherweather'. That's another annoyance in device search now along with many features i would wish, but that's to much for even wishing for xmas:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...tures-1058495/
    11-28-16 09:06 AM
    Gizmo, you seem to have links to most threads, is there a master thread somewhere around here that lists all the stuff that is either broken or missing on Priv/Android BB+?

The more I use my Priv, more missing features I discover, and it's sad that all of these issues are scattered around the forums, and they get reposted with no resolution, especially when most of those are simple software fixes/etc..
    11-28-16 11:45 AM
    Gizmo, you seem to have links to most threads, is there a master thread somewhere around here that lists all the stuff that is either broken or missing on Priv/Android BB+?

The more I use my Priv, more missing features I discover, and it's sad that all of these issues are scattered around the forums, and they get reposted with no resolution, especially when most of those are simple software fixes/etc..
    Cbryant needs to help us out here and bring this to the attention of BB.
    11-28-16 02:28 PM
    I tweeted BB, they asked me to run BBVE (which makes no difference, obviously) and now they want me to call them and talk to them on the phone about this issue.. I really don't have much time for that, but I'll try to make some time if they are available later in the afternoon.
    11-28-16 04:04 PM
    I tweeted BB, they asked me to run BBVE (which makes no difference, obviously) and now they want me to call them and talk to them on the phone about this issue.. I really don't have much time for that, but I'll try to make some time if they are available later in the afternoon.
    I wouldn't waste your time, they cannot fix this over the phone. You could only make them aware of the issue, which I think they already are, but have chosen to not do anything about it.
    11-28-16 10:02 PM
    Cbryant needs to help us out here and bring this to the attention of BB.
    As I already wrote Cody and DeeJayBB is aware of this issue

Oops I saw I already PMed DeeJayBB about this and the previous search problem. With no reply from him.

Hi there DeeJayBB,
    as I remember correctly you are Prod. Manager Launcher and perhaps in close touch with "device search" devs, that's why I reach out to you. I feel like the device search part is very underrated and dealt a bit like the not so loved stepdaughter beside the shining hub, camera... apps.
    Which is a pity as it could be a main driver for efficient gtd if working correctly. Biggest annoyance atm is the missing keypresses when searching from Launcher, but also not clearing out previous searches and left out opportunities for missing features:

* http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...pdate-1076834/

* http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe.../#post12540025

* http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...pdate-1075934/

* http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...tures-1058495/

Thanks for hearing us.

But perhaps someone else has more luck with a PM to them.
    11-29-16 04:45 AM
    I have found a dirty workaround for my device at least, if doing direct search from homescreen just type first letter twice, so ttest results in 'test' on the device search screen. But this doesn't fix the not clearing out of previous search, so later searching again for ttest results in 'testtest' in device search.

So partly fixed it for me but with a real dirty workaround.

Update:
    A forget what I just wrote, after a forced closing of the device search app and cache clearing it even garbles the letters worse then before even with double firstletter entry.

This app is useless for me in the state offered.
    anon(679606) likes this.
    11-29-16 08:32 PM
    I have found a dirty workaround for my device at least, if doing direct search from homescreen just type first letter twice, so ttest results in 'test' on the device search screen. But this doesn't fix the not clearing out of previous search, so later searching again for ttest results in 'testtest' in device search.

So partly fixed it for me but with a real dirty workaround.

it results in test because test starts and ends in test? Possibly.
    Try "Hello" You might end up with HelloH.
    I stopped using device search although I really love it, not clearing just doesn't do it for me. Makes PKB useless.
    gizmo21 likes this.
    11-29-16 08:35 PM
    it results in test because test starts and ends in test? Possibly.
    Try "Hello" You might end up with HelloH.
    I stopped using device search although I really love it, not clearing just doesn't do it for me. Makes PKB useless.
    Yip or end up with "ho" only - just updated my own statement above, app is useless in this state.
    11-29-16 08:41 PM
    Yip or end up with "ho" only - just updated my own statement above, app is useless in this state.
    Like another poster said, you can just type the first letter and wait for the app to catch up to you and then begin typing again. It's a nuisance, but a work around.
    11-29-16 09:14 PM
    Like another poster said, you can just type the first letter and wait for the app to catch up to you and then begin typing again. It's a nuisance, but a work around.
    I know and I already replied on that one.
    11-29-16 09:16 PM
    You are forgetting a step. Hitting backspace.
    App does not catch up. If you hit a letter.... Wait... start typing... you will be typing Before the first letter you hit. So you have to delete the first character. Unless you want to hit the very last letter first then start typing.

BlackBerry nonsense. And we defend BlackBerry.. Sometimes I feel bad about that but I am glad I never recommended Priv. Only BB10.

Let's see if BlackBerry cares at all.
    11-30-16 05:18 PM
65 123