As the title reads, I've seen this issue come up several times on my PRIV. I've already sent two reports after the app crashed, but the problem persists.

It occurs after typing a couple of messages within a chat on WhatsApp with the physical keyboard. The app will suddenly not let you pick a word to edit and moves the cursor to the end of the message, after a few seconds it crashes and force closes.

From what I've noticed, it doesn't occur with the virtual keyboard, so there must be something creating a bug with the physical one.

Has anyone else experienced the issue?
    07-19-17 04:07 PM
    Hello have never experienced this and I use 98%PKB
    Just a thought do you have PKB gestures activated? What about type by swiping ON?
    Good luck
    07-19-17 05:57 PM
    Hello have never experienced this and I use 98%PKB
    Just a thought do you have PKB gestures activated? What about type by swiping ON?
    Good luck
    Hi Rico, I have the default setting on the physical keyboard, the swiping feature is disabled.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled WhatsApp, I'll let you know how it goes.

Saludos!
    07-21-17 03:07 PM
    Reporting back: The issue seemed to have gone away, but came back as I used WhatsApp more with the physical keyboard. At this point, I'm opting to use the virtual keyboard.

Note that this happens when I remain within a chat and write several messages in it. If I close the app (or minimise it) after sending one or perhaps two messages, the issue does not appear.

I'm surprised no one else has encountered such issue, in which case it's only particular to my PRIV...
    07-27-17 09:49 AM
    So odd Agustín. I use whatsapp every day and 100% on PKB. No issue. What version do you have installed? Mine is 2.17.254
    07-27-17 09:58 AM
    Hi Agustin.

I wondered if you are still having this issue. I am fed up with my WhatsApp crashing on my Priv every time I try to select text. Sometimes the cursor moves to the middle of the message and starts typing there so I have delete some text but it won't delete from where the cursor is. It deletes it from another part of the message!

And then when I select text it crashes.

I have tried reinstalling WhatsApp and even resetting the phone to no avail.

Is this one to report to WhatsApp themselves?

Many thanks.

Oh yes and this is when typing on the physical keyboard. I don't use the virtual keyboard so would have no idea if it works or not.
    03-05-18 06:55 AM
    I've generally found WhatsApp needs a clear out every so often - flush your message history, so your .crypt files are nice and small, and maybe look through the WhatsApp image/video/sound etc. directories - i don't think these usually get deleted when you remove the app - well they certainly don't for me!
    03-05-18 05:45 PM
    Ahh good idea! Thanks for that. I'll give it a go. Yes nothing is cleared by default upon reinstall. There is a local backup on the phone and a Google Drive backup so in order for them to be cleared both need to be removed. Once removed a clean backup can be made hopefully removing unwanted messages and media and any corrupt files along the way.
    03-05-18 06:24 PM