I use Verizon's messaging app cause it came preloaded with my Priv, however it lacks enough customisation options in my opinion. Can you guys recommend a better sms messaging app?
    12-31-16 10:19 AM
    I use Signal, but I rarely send SMS messages, only receive (and mostly from automated 2FA, anyway).
    kariekas likes this.
    12-31-16 10:25 AM
    Try yaata or textra both have good reviews from many users.

Posted via CB10
    Wezard likes this.
    12-31-16 10:56 AM
    I'd be interested to hear from Priv users that are using the Facebook Messenger app. They added SMS ability back in June and I've been curious how it works... just scared to take the leap myself, lol.

Currently I just use the standard Google Messenger app for SMS/MMS that came loaded on my unlocked Priv. I've heard a lot of good things about Textra and Yaata though.
    12-31-16 11:08 AM
    I'd be interested to hear from Priv users that are using the Facebook Messenger app. They added SMS ability back in June and I've been curious how it works... just scared to take the leap myself, lol.

Currently I just use the standard Google Messenger app for SMS/MMS that came loaded on my unlocked Priv. I've heard a lot of good things about Textra and Yaata though.
    I don't use the FB Messenger app. FB already has enough access to my info, I don't need to give them most of my communications as well. But that's just me and my tinfoil hat.

I use the stock Google Messenger app. Seems to work well enough for me. A little clunky here and there but good enough.
    12-31-16 12:03 PM
    I've tried a few, currently using Signal per Thurask suggestion. I actually like it the best but it doesn't seem to integrate with the HUB.
    12-31-16 12:27 PM
    I always find in weird that Verizon bakes in their own messaging app. I've never been a VZW customer, so I'm not sure if it serves ads or if they monetize it some other way.

Anyhow, after using a few apps over the years, I have come to prefer Textra and have paid for the ad-free upgrade. If you don't require a ton of customization or prefer to have a no-cost solution, I would go with Google Messenger.
    12-31-16 12:39 PM
    Yaata or Textra, both will also integrate with hub.
    12-31-16 02:06 PM
    I've tried a few, currently using Signal per Thurask suggestion. I actually like it the best but it doesn't seem to integrate with the HUB.
    I can open it from the Hub fine, but it doesn't mark it as read/unread.
    12-31-16 02:10 PM
    I currently use Textra and it works well. I've looked at Signal because of its privacy features. What do you like about it?

Posted via CB10
    12-31-16 02:15 PM
    I currently use Textra and it works well. I've looked at Signal because of its privacy features. What do you like about it?

Posted via CB10
    Signal for unsecured SMS isn't much of a step up from other apps (unlike Signal's encrypted chat), but I like the look and the notification/app passphrase.
    12-31-16 02:17 PM
    Yaata is by far the best out there.. extremely customizable. i used textra for a short time until I tried yaata... never going back.
    hbelkin likes this.
    12-31-16 02:54 PM
    I am using Line , WhatsApp and FB messenger on my PRIV.
    12-31-16 04:06 PM
    I just started using Textra for the ability to press enter to send the message and love it. Never tried Yaata, no real need for me to try as Textra is golden.
    zack west likes this.
    12-31-16 04:30 PM
    I wish BlackBerry would include SMS in BBM.
    bigedschukar, Bfalcon1 and Carmels like this.
    12-31-16 05:08 PM
    iMessenger. Just a shame Apple don't make an Android app for it, so I would kick WA once for all! Here in Brazil almost everybody owns an Android device...
    12-31-16 05:14 PM
    iMessenger. Just a shame Apple don't make an Android app for it, so I would kick WA once for all! Here in Brazil almost everybody owns an Android device...
    That's the point, it keeps people locked into their ecosystem.
    skinnymike1, werkregen and andy957 like this.
    12-31-16 05:21 PM
    Google Messenger, WhatsApp, and BBM.

Bob
    12-31-16 06:32 PM
    I used Textra for a long time, but recently switched to Pulse. I really like it... nice customization options.
    12-31-16 07:04 PM
    Signal for unsecured SMS isn't much of a step up from other apps (unlike Signal's encrypted chat), but I like the look and the notification/app passphrase.
    Does the other person have to install Signal as well? Or is it only encrypted on end to end?
    12-31-16 08:03 PM
    I use iMessage as well. But, besides it being usable & synced across all my Apple devices, I can't really see a benefit to it.
    12-31-16 08:04 PM
    Textra
    Facebook Messenger
    Last edited by johnny_bravo72; 01-01-17 at 09:02 AM.
    12-31-16 08:17 PM
    Typically, almost nobody mentioned bbm. On a BB site!
    01-01-17 07:00 AM
    I just started using Textra for the ability to press enter to send the message and love it.
    Messenger and Yaata both have that option, as do several others. I don't like it, I prefer the enter to act as an enter key, and start a new line. It's no more difficult to hit the send key than the enter. I also get confused, enter on an email starts a new line, so I end up sending a lot of half finished texts. But apparently it's an extremely popular option.

I stick with Yaata because it will tell me who the text is from, through my bluetooth. "New message from Karen Smith" or whoever. If it's from someone not in my contact list it just reads out the phone number which isn't as helpful.
    Totally useless function for most folks, but I love it. Even while driving, I know who I got messages from, while the phone stays safely in holster.
    01-01-17 07:14 AM
    Typically, almost nobody mentioned bbm. On a BB site!
    Kinda difficult to recommend it when we aren't using it.
    Besides, OP said he was looking for an SMS messaging app.
    Wezard, BigBadWulf and andy957 like this.
    01-01-17 08:49 AM
105 123 ...