The reason I sold my BB 9900, Q10, and Q20, was that after setting up my contacts perfectly, I would get the following randomly:

1) Duplicate contacts

2) Contacts randomly disappearing causing me to lose them

So I gave up on BB OS and with the Priv, I thought this would not be an issue anymore since is is now using Android/Google Contacts

I read in a post a while back here someone complaining about the same issue on his Priv...

what gives?
    02-03-16 09:52 AM
    The reason I sold my BB 9900, Q10, and Q20, was that after setting up my contacts perfectly, I would get the following randomly:

1) Duplicate contacts

2) Contacts randomly disappearing causing me to lose them

So I gave up on BB OS and with the Priv, I thought this would not be an issue anymore since is is now using Android/Google Contacts

I read in a post a while back here someone complaining about the same issue on his Priv...

what gives?
    This issue plagued me in BB10. Now with them Priv, I still use the BlackBerry contact App and have had no issues at all. I believe the duplicate contact issue stemmed forms contact being saved on the SIM card as well as device though. That is my theory anyways.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-03-16 09:56 AM
    This issue plagued me in BB10. Now with them Priv, I still use the BlackBerry contact App and have had no issues at all. I believe the duplicate contact issue stemmed forms contact being saved on the SIM card as well as device though. That is my theory anyways.

Well with BB OS 10, I told the phone to only store contacts on GMAIL, then after sometime I see that contact duplicated on Gmail/Phone

So I would merge all contacts using some contacts manager app......give it sometime, and a new duplicate on the phone appears of that contact (and many others), it's like a virus...

So I gave up on BB back then as I have more than 300 contacts and it's a headache to try to clean them up always...

I am not concerned about that, what concerns me is one user said there is the same issue even with the Priv on Android......

I hope to get more feedback about this
    02-04-16 02:50 PM
    Not sure if you read my post but like I said, it has never been an issue for me on the Priv while storing contacts in Gmail as it was constantly an issue on BB10.

Snappy Phoenix likes this.
    02-04-16 02:58 PM