For $299 it's a hell of a deal.

I went to the DTEK60, and like the additional performance and battery life of the DTEK. But at 60% of the price the Priv makes a very compelling argument......
    ZayDub and FF22 like this.
    11-24-16 12:40 PM
    Every day another topic with the same questions... Why don't you guys read the previous 500 topics? No one will tell you anything more or less than what we said there.

I paid 800 € for it and never regretted it for a second. Heck, it's worth 300 $ just for the spare parts.
    FF22 and andy957 like this.
    11-24-16 01:12 PM
    I'm more than sure the $299 price is the current price in the US. It's pretty much now or never because if that price goes back up, you'll never pull the trigger.
    11-24-16 06:24 PM
    Every day another topic with the same questions... Why don't you guys read the previous 500 topics? No one will tell you anything more or less than what we said there.

I paid 800 � for it and never regretted it for a second. Heck, it's worth 300 $ just for the spare parts.
    He said he pretty much did. Well it was implied when he said he saw people saying it lags, it heats up, HUB doesn't work etc.

There are so many threads he figured he might as well have asked.

Plus it's been a year since the phone released so over the updates, phone performed differently.

The phone is very stable. It rarely heats up for me. For the most part everything runs fine. If you heavily multitask, such as switching through apps that are resource heavy, then opt for higher RAM and a better CPU device.
    ZayDub likes this.
    11-24-16 06:33 PM
    I pulled the trigger on the Priv after ordering the Dtek60 and returning it (don't like the size/handling). I actually like the thicker aspect of the Priv and anything bigger than Priv size gets hard to handle. Are they just keep going to increase the screen size until it matches regular tablets? I have yet to use just got this week so no definitive review. Of course it dropped to $300 now after I got it for $400, that's how things work.
    11-24-16 07:34 PM
    I just pulled the trigger.... Priv ordered.

Posted via CB10
    You won't be disappointed with your purchase. I didn't get to try the passport as I'm on Verizon but I've had the Priv since release and love it.

I can finally run all my apps without sideloading and have the best of both worlds PKB (which I use 99% of the time) and VKB when one handing it. My biggest gripe is the battery life but the extra quick charger and battery pack I've invested in make that a minor issue.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-24-16 07:53 PM
    I pulled the trigger on the Priv after ordering the Dtek60 and returning it (don't like the size/handling). I actually like the thicker aspect of the Priv and anything bigger than Priv size gets hard to handle. Are they just keep going to increase the screen size until it matches regular tablets? I have yet to use just got this week so no definitive review. Of course it dropped to $300 now after I got it for $400, that's how things work.
    Probably. Are the Notes larger "phones?" When I do see such phones, I usually do a double-take.
    11-24-16 11:04 PM
    He said he pretty much did. Well it was implied when he said he saw people saying it lags, it heats up, HUB doesn't work etc.

There are so many threads he figured he might as well have asked.

Plus it's been a year since the phone released so over the updates, phone performed differently.

The phone is very stable. It rarely heats up for me. For the most part everything runs fine. If you heavily multitask, such as switching through apps that are resource heavy, then opt for higher RAM and a better CPU device.
    Ok, but since there are so many threads, what's the point of making another one? MM is around for months and countless times it's been discussed how much improvement it brought, how BB apps are also constantly being improved etc.
    I think half of my 400 posts here are basically the same because I'm answering the same questions over and over, I might as well save some in a document and just paste them around the forum.

I realise people have doubts and whatnot and I apologize if I sound rude, but it's not like you're buying a house; we're talking about a 299 $ phone. If you won't like it you could probably sell it for 50-100 $ more once the sale ends.
    andy957 likes this.
    11-25-16 02:33 AM
    How can that hub be an app? So annoying. That is the most important think that it is preventing me to get one.

Posted via CB10
    Not a problem. It's got a pop up widget so you can see it in one swipe. or you put it's full screen widget on "homescreen 1" so it looks kinda like on BB10. You don't have to treat it like an app at all.
    11-25-16 08:02 AM
    Probably. Are the Notes larger "phones?" When I do see such phones, I usually do a double-take.
    IMHO our so called modern "phones" are instead really pocket computers. Convergent devices that do lots of stuff. We can still buy phones and mobile phones, but they are the type that aren't smartphones :-) Smartphones that have the word "phone" in their name are a subtle lie. HeeHee.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-25-16 08:08 AM
    It is worth every penny for $299 for those of us who paid over $700 we might grumble a bit but I really enjoy having the phone. Between the keyboard and camera I have almost no complaints. If I were not chained to Verizon I'd get a few more just so I have them.
    Paid 650 usd for my priv,

While I am happy I can't say for the first few months I was happy.

I don't know what made me stick it out and wait for marshmallow.

All in all its a brilliant device , I should have waited though , panic set in when Facebook and whatsapp notices came in March that support will be dropped so I rushed and bought this.

If I had a choice I would stick with my passport and buy the priv now for the ridiculously low amount now.
    ZayDub, cbosdell and JG_Agustin like this.
    11-25-16 10:59 AM
    after so many different opinions from users to I bought 1 Priv to try Android and BlackBerry symbiosis , was so greatly surprised that I ended with 4 Priv.

It has not the best keyboard but far better than the Torch.

Had never any problems with heat or battery, probably because I come from BB10 and only have 4 or 5 apps installed.

I just use the Priv for mails, messengers and crackberry.

Regards
    FF22 likes this.
    11-25-16 12:04 PM
    All these coments about the Priv doesn't always make any sense so I decided to order the BlackBerry Priv and I'm lucky to have two simcards (duo-sims) with one mobile numbers so that I can change use my number in two devices

What I know. 1> Is that apps like facebook and other social media apps using lot of battery , also combined with the HUB. Not a problem for me, because I don't use facebook,instagram and whatsapp. Only BBM
    2>The Camera is great and sharp natural pictures
    3> The Hub is improved a lot and does almost the things you know from BB10 ,but still don't know if you can kill google notifications
    4> Keyboard improved also and I found out it's support multilaunguage automatic
    5> slide keyboard is small but after a time people get used to it and combine it with there virtual keyboard. I have a Passport how small is it
    6> Some BlackBerry Apps works great like we know from BB10
    7> Contacts are a mess and sometimes contact doesn't show ,seems not working correctly but not every users has this problem
    8> It's so stock you need to download your own music, video apps
    9> Battery better since Marshmallow and smoother
    10> App permission
    11> more apps working that needed google play and I missed some but find out more and more apps are not working on BB10. Also if the update
    Android Runtime, sitll google play will be hostage an app that could be working easily on a BB10. Dumb devolpers
    12> THe device length is the same as the DTEK50 and little wider , just 0,4 cm. but it's more fat I tested the dtke and works great. DTEK60 seems to reboot sometimes,maybe a bug?
    13> seems no need for a cover, gorilla glass 4 but not sure if a flip-case is better (LIKE TO KNOW from USERS)

I dislike allready
    1. No radio
    2. No Blend

So next week and if it doesn't fit me I can still sell it
    Last edited by whatsever; 11-27-16 at 11:41 AM.
    11-27-16 07:17 AM
    Whatsever, very cool thread, I am in the same boat, sorta. Switched from BB to Note 4 a year and a half ago because of the absence of app ecosystem and zero support. Realized I didn't need flagship specs, but DO need the apps, so I was gonna downgrade anyway, and then I find out Priv is only $300?

Wonder if any CB users/abusers have thoughts about buying Priv thru Blackberry versus Best Buy? I see it's also on sale at their website as well (I see on another thread that Blackberry is taking their time honoring the warranty and not replacing another forum member's device which arrived faulty).
    11-27-16 11:40 AM
39 12