So I'm pretty excited about the Priv, it was awesome for him to show off the Priv to that one woman (I don't know her name) even though it was pretty awkward. Then I noticed during the re/code event he busted out with the Priv again.

I'd be okay with this if there as at least some type of release date but him to be showing off that phone with no release date or price just bothers me a bit.

How is it that LG managed to announce and release the V10 before the Priv.. I swear that phone came out of nowhere.

I really hope the reason blackberry is taking forever is so they can iron out those kinks on the phone and it ends up being a smooth/solid device.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    10-09-15 12:22 AM
    BlackBerry has a history of teasing too early and too long. Though in this case they say by the end of the year. So that's not so bad.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    10-09-15 12:31 AM
    Where's the guillotine?!...
    10-09-15 12:33 AM
    BlackBerry has a history of teasing too early and too long. Though in this case they say by the end of the year. So that's not so bad.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    I remember when HP/palm announced the TouchPad.. They were months and months away from release..

I wish more companies took the apple approach.. Announce it one day.. Release it a few days later.

astrodan13 likes this.
    10-09-15 01:08 AM
    I remember when HP/palm announced the TouchPad.. They were months and months away from release..

I wish more companies took the apple approach.. Announce it one day.. Release it a few days later.

That should be the norm, not this way of doing things.. "reveal #1" in March, leaks, "reveal #2" end of sept during an earnings call, further leaks, still no specs, 7 whole months and we still have nothing official.. seriously funny. on top of that a "premium" price tag. My friends would of bought it outright at $650. and they hate blackberry as it is now. anything more is simply suicide.

shhh, just go to sleep BlackBerry..
    MO3iusONE and astrodan13 like this.
    10-09-15 01:13 AM
    That should be the norm, not this way of doing things.. "reveal #1" in March, leaks, "reveal #2" end of sept during an earnings call, further leaks, still no specs, 7 whole months and we still have nothing official.. seriously funny. on top of that a "premium" price tag. My friends would of bought it outright at $650. and they hate blackberry as it is now. anything more is simply suicide.

I really hope the reason they're taking so long is because they want this thing running smooth as butter. I'm rooting for blackberry I hope the Priv is a success man.. I need my physical keyboard haha..

10-09-15 01:26 AM
    My company dumped our Q10's for S5's, so I'm pretty desperate to get my hands on one. Seeing it teased has only added to the angst though. Still unsure if it'll be my company or personal device though. I was dead set against ever getting another BlackBerry after the Q10 troubles we had, but as always I'm going to get suckered into another one.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
    10-13-15 01:34 AM
    My company dumped our Q10's for S5's, so I'm pretty desperate to get my hands on one. Seeing it teased has only added to the angst though. Still unsure if it'll be my company or personal device though. I was dead set against ever getting another BlackBerry after the Q10 troubles we had, but as always I'm going to get suckered into another one.

Hey welcome back!
    10-13-15 01:37 AM

I remember you were more excited an positive, what's happened?

Posted via CB10
    10-13-15 06:56 AM
    If they announce nothing on the 15th...... we gonna get a whole lotta nothing.

Got my z10 when released to my carrier in February so.....

Posted via CB10
    10-13-15 07:08 AM

BlackBerry did the same for the PlayBook... showed it off in Sept. Really wowed a lot of folks with that TAT presentation.

Took them seven months to release it, and.... well it was what it was.
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    10-13-15 11:25 AM
    The funny thing is the PB does all those things - Multi-Tasking - better than any Android ipad released then and 1-2 yrs later.

Too bad BB10 never made it there. it was the next step to breaking the PB's restrictions.

BlackBerry did the same for the PlayBook... showed it off in Sept. Really wowed a lot of folks with that TAT presentation.

Took them seven months to release it, and.... well it was what it was.
    10-13-15 11:35 AM
    The funny thing is the PB does all those things - Multi-Tasking - better than any Android ipad released then and 1-2 yrs later.

Too bad BB10 never made it there. it was the next step to breaking the PB's restrictions.
    It probably could have been running BB10 now if they released it with 2GB instead of 1GB.
    10-13-15 11:50 AM
    I read it didn't even have an email app.
    10-13-15 03:21 PM

The problem was that the phone leaked out in the market and because it generated a lot of attention JC had to announce it... now they are under pressure to release it soon

Posted via CB10
    10-13-15 03:33 PM
    The problem is that, for whatever reason, BlackBerry chose to hold up the slider mockups at MWC in March, probably because they didn't have anything else to show. However, they are paying for it now in that the perception is that it's late. Also, they are getting this launched after the other major flagships which is probably a reflection of their lack of clout in terms of component acquisition.
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    10-13-15 04:23 PM
    So I'm pretty excited about the Priv, it was awesome for him to show off the Priv to that one woman (I don't know her name) even though it was pretty awkward. Then I noticed during the re/code event he busted out with the Priv again.

I'd be okay with this if there as at least some type of release date but him to be showing off that phone with no release date or price just bothers me a bit.

How is it that LG managed to announce and release the V10 before the Priv.. I swear that phone came out of nowhere.

I really hope the reason blackberry is taking forever is so they can iron out those kinks on the phone and it ends up being a smooth/solid device.

I think the point here is that "this is the first ever Android powered BlackBerry" and they must be refining the Android OS for better user experience. Different to LG which has a life running it.

Thoughts...

10-18-15 09:29 PM