I read a review of a Priv use who stated that the back, under the PKB opens up!? Anyone else noticed this?
    11-20-15 06:34 PM
    Mine doesn't open, but there is a small area about 3/4 of an inch just below the flying BB that caves when pressed. I've read a few reviews where this was brought up.

Unless you're pushing it, you'll never know it's there.

Back to the opens up claim, I'd like to see a video of it cuz I'm at a loss as to where it would be.

Posted via Priv
    11-20-15 06:47 PM
    Do people use a death grip with their smartphone?

BlackBerry Priv with CrackBerry App for Android
    John Doe99 likes this.
    11-20-15 10:03 PM
    The backs of the PRIVs I've held have been slightly loose. It's what is most likely causing all the clicking people call 'screen click', when the device layers compress together at certain points. Anyways, the back of the PRIV I have has this slight flexibility too. Doesn't really bother me though (probably would if it was any worse...), however, it's something that won't exist on PRIVs going forward. I've read that as little as the time between devices built November 5th and November 17th, the 'problem' has apparently been fixed.

The 'clicking' may also be stickiness between the backing and whatever is stuck to it using adhesive. That's what the Classic did, after a while though, it went away.

The backs of the Passports I've used have also been slightly loose. It really doesn't matter. It's a thin part that will always have some kind of flex or looseness. If it 'opens up' though, that's quite different.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-15 10:11 PM
    Do people use a death grip with their smartphone?

BlackBerry Priv with CrackBerry App for Android
    Sometimes I wonder what people do with their phones!

Posted via CB10
    anon(153966) likes this.
    11-20-15 10:16 PM
    I'm extremely careful with all my phones and have had this issue and even sent the pics to BlackBerry and they told me to try and exchange the phone with Rogers as it's a manufacturer defect.

It's the seem between the trim and keyboard that opens up. It's only a tiny bit, but enough to let dust get in there and annoy me with the creaks when I push them edges back together.

It just needs a little glue really.. When I hold the sides in and press the back it doesn't have as much give and there's no creaks

*-* BBM Channel : Netflix Newsroom C003BA5E3 | Facebook.com/NetflixNewsroom *-*
    11-20-15 11:41 PM
    I'm holding my phone and typing on the PKB now. I have no idea what anyone is talking about. I experience no clicking and also don't have a soft spot where some reviewers reported one. Maybe there was a bad early batch of phones. Mine was purchased from ShopBB.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on the Priv
    blackout626 likes this.
    11-21-15 12:23 AM
    I'm holding my phone and typing on the PKB now. I have no idea what anyone is talking about. I experience no clicking and also don't have a soft spot where some reviewers reported one. Maybe there was a bad early batch of phones. Mine was purchased from ShopBB.

you will not have this problem as yours will have the wireless charging module in the spot that is hollow on Canadian carrier models hence we have a spot on the back of ours than you can actually push in on the back and clicks or creaks.
    Gadget Fann likes this.
    11-21-15 03:50 AM
    you will not have this problem as yours will have the wireless charging module in the spot that is hollow on Canadian carrier models hence we have a spot on the back of ours than you can actually push in on the back and clicks or creaks.
    Thank you for this info. I didn't realize this was the case. Makes more sense to me now.

11-21-15 07:19 AM
    I'm extremely careful with all my phones and have had this issue and even sent the pics to BlackBerry and they told me to try and exchange the phone with Rogers as it's a manufacturer defect.

It's the seem between the trim and keyboard that opens up. It's only a tiny bit, but enough to let dust get in there and annoy me with the creaks when I push them edges back together.

It just needs a little glue really.. When I hold the sides in and press the back it doesn't have as much give and there's no creaks

*-* BBM Channel : Netflix Newsroom C003BA5E3 | Facebook.com/NetflixNewsroom *-*
    This sounds like what was commented on by the poster review of their Priv and danged if I can find it again, it was either on Crackberry or Android. But this sounds like what they were expressing. Anyway, I may waddle down to ATT and fondle the Priv again, too much $ for me at this time, I buy my phones cash only, no credit or deals through carriers, I stopped letting carriers increase my monthly bill to pay off a phone when I found out they continued to charge the same extra monthly fee for phone after the phone was obviously paid off after two years!
    11-21-15 07:24 AM
    Would American phones that can run on T-Mobile STA100, have the wireless charger? Seems wanky that some models have and some don't!
    11-21-15 07:29 AM
    The backs of the PRIVs I've held have been slightly loose. It's what is most likely causing all the clicking people call 'screen click', when the device layers compress together at certain points. Anyways, the back of the PRIV I have has this slight flexibility too. Doesn't really bother me though (probably would if it was any worse...), however, it's something that won't exist on PRIVs going forward. I've read that as little as the time between devices built November 5th and November 17th, the 'problem' has apparently been fixed.

The 'clicking' may also be stickiness between the backing and whatever is stuck to it using adhesive. That's what the Classic did, after a while though, it went away.

The backs of the Passports I've used have also been slightly loose. It really doesn't matter. It's a thin part that will always have some kind of flex or looseness. If it 'opens up' though, that's quite different.

Posted via CB10

Or is the "screen clicking" people are asking about not related to the back at all. You can hear it as he taps the lower left screen as one would while typing on the VKB.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-21-15 07:38 AM
    I agree that it doesn't really matter. But it really cheapens the overall feel of holding the PRIV. For a premier flagship product, it should be solid. I am hoping that I can fix it myself after getting a better idea of how to remove the back cover.

Proudly PRIVateering since 2015.
    11-22-15 08:39 AM