The "wireless dock" is nothing more than some contacts with a magnet mounted on a flat slab, still requires a physical electrical connection and perfect alignment. Not to mention it's one of those propitiatory things only available from them, and will only work on their phone.
    I only keep a 128 SD in the Priv, but I can swap it out in a couple seconds, and edit / back up or what ever later and at my convenience.
    I could care less about charging speed, I drop it on the easel when I go to bed, and it's charged when I wake up.

I've never had any kind of overheating problems with wireless, in well over two years of using it.
    In 2+ years of reading and being active on these Priv threads, you are the 2nd person to mention it. Most people love it, even those that have to 'top off' during the day.

I like most of what I see with the Essential, But without those two features, it's not for me. It's bad enough I'm prob going to have to give up a PKB eventually.
    Once it was revealed that no more updates were coming for the PRIV, I started my search for my next device. I actually ordered the RAZOR phone first but due to their ineptitude they messed up my order and I decided to look elsewhere. Was seriously considering the Note 8 (hate Samsung software), Pixel 2 XL, (did not like the screen), then went back to the Essential as I had been following the company for some time. No regrets, for me it has been a great phone. Fast updates, (full Oreo 8.1 released today), good communication from the company. Looking forward to what they deliver next. Will keep lurking CB for news on new devices, but for now, no longer a Blackberry user.
    03-13-18 04:09 PM
    assuming you have got your priv to run as it can.I would stay with it.
    I have had mine for 14 months .I came from Passport so priv took a bit to learn to drive.
    it has and is great with no problem of any kind STV 3
    03-13-18 05:45 PM
    Once it was revealed that no more updates were coming for the PRIV, I started my search for my next device. .
    Not happy there will be no more updates!

It is the only thing that makes me doubt getting BlackBerry, again. If I choose another phone and it's not a big seller then I will be stuck, again.
    03-14-18 06:58 AM
    Not happy there will be no more updates!

It is the only thing that makes me doubt getting BlackBerry, again. If I choose another phone and it's not a big seller then I will be stuck, again.
    If OS updates are important, we still don’t know BBMo/TCL position. We’re on Android 7.1.1 but we’ve been getting our monthly security updates better than most licensed OEMs. Some limitations are just Android infrastructure and design. When all the OEMs are relying on Google to build, maintain and update the OS, there will be trade offs. The only way around this is buying a device manufactured by the OS developer. Then your are limited to Apple or Google device only, but to many, that’s what they want...
    towngirl likes this.
    03-14-18 07:43 AM
    Had problems with the battery. Got a new one. (This is my 3rd one ... ca-ching!!)

Charging all night and was 100%

7:15 at 100% battery to 7:29am 90%. Got off. 8:52 it was 87%
    About 9:30am used it for a bit on news sites, and by 10 it was 70%
    About 10:45am at 64%
    10:58 am 61%
    Then trying to get an app killer. One needed Paypal but it forced me to use gmail to log in and mine is not gmail so I got killapps so 11:11 is 55%
    From 11:11 to 12:19 I didn't use it and it went to 51%
    Then was out for lunch, not using it. So at 2:27 was 46%.
    After writing a bit more I am at 45% at 2:31

It won't be long and it will need charging (and will go hot).

And sure enough, I have to change it for rest of the day.

Still having problems. Any suggestion on what would be the problem?

I have factory reset it. I had coolmaster but someone told me to get rid of it, so it's gone. I have a lot less apps (not sure why apps would be a problem when they weren't and I had more)

It is probably not something I can fix, if it is hardware. Where on earth do you go, to get a phone fixed?

Thanks for any suggestion you may have.
    @towngirl did you ever solve this?

My PRIV just began behaving in a similar way last week. Suddenly, it was discharging rapidly without explanation, and no apparent foreground or background apps doing it. It will even discharge when plugged in to the factory quick charger, the one that would charge it full in only an hour or so. The only precursor was that in the week or two before, I received the 'cooling down' message a few times. I have done all the obvious, and a bit more, but so far no answer.

I have ruled out:
    1. Apps running in the foreground
    2. Apps running in the background
    3. Screen brightness
    4. Wi-Fi and network strength (there have been no changes, and Motion works great)
    5. Animations
    6. Software updates
    7. Charger
    8. Charger cable
    9. Battery (same behaviour with new battery; old battery works fine in other phone)
    10. Slow charging
    11. Quick charging
    12. Probably something else I've forgotten to mention

My conclusion at this point is that the battery charging circuit is damaged and I doubt it is repairable.

I'll keep investigating and hoping, but not presently optimistic. If that changes, I will post my findings.
    03-31-18 11:41 PM
    Wow. Was draining it to 0
    I will stop doing that
    You're right not to do the discharge - charge business with a Li-Ion battery. That had some value with the Ni-Cd batteries of years past, but is old advice not applicable to Li-Ion types, which do not exhibit a memory effect. Li-Ion cells degrade according to number of cycles and depth and rate of discharge. The best care for Li-Ion cells: keep cool when possible, don't leave discharged, charge to about 50% for longterm storage
    03-31-18 11:59 PM
81 ... 234