I looked at those, intriguing, but no SD support and no wireless charging made it a nonstarter. Contacted them, suggesting they consider this for future devices - got a reply , (a real one, with the guys name) in less than an hour. Pretty impressive.
    Stupid Q but...

Which BlackBerry phone has wireless charging?
    03-01-18 08:23 AM
    Stupid Q but...

Which BlackBerry phone has wireless charging?
    Priv.

But only the STV100-1 model.
    towngirl likes this.
    03-01-18 10:35 AM
    OHHHHHHHHHH darn. I have STV100-3

Wireless charging would be awesome.
    03-01-18 10:54 AM
    Priv.

But only the STV100-1 model.
    STV100-2 has it also. Verizon.
    towngirl likes this.
    03-01-18 07:26 PM
    How did I get the 3? Not fair lol
    03-01-18 07:28 PM
    How did I get the 3? Not fair lol
    Should have moved South! Haven't had any of your issues with my Verizon Priv.
    towngirl likes this.
    03-02-18 02:49 PM
    I looked at those, intriguing, but no SD support and no wireless charging made it a nonstarter. Contacted them, suggesting they consider this for future devices - got a reply , (a real one, with the guys name) in less than an hour. Pretty impressive.

I think 128gb it comes with should be sufficient lol, this thing charges faster than my PRIV ever did, they are releasing a wireless dock for it as well. I contacted them about availability in Canada and also got a response very quickly. It has been my best experience with a smartphone thus far and cheaper than what I paid for my Passport a few years ago and so much better than the PRIV. Still think my Z10 was the best (even with the crap battery), never really used the Z30 I got on a fire sale. Had an interesting run with Blackberry but don't see myself ever buying another device with that name. The PRIV was the deciding factor to consider other options.
    Last edited by computerguy68; 03-03-18 at 11:27 PM.
    03-03-18 11:13 PM
    Security is important.
    Agreed, hence why I moved away from the PRIV as there will be no more security updates. Since Blackberry devices are only Android now, I chose a company that will provide OS updates for two years and security updates for three. Blackberry Mobile won't do that so I decided to spend my money with a company that provides faster updates and will do it for a longer time for less than the K1 or Motion.
    03-03-18 11:22 PM
    OHHHHHHHHHH darn. I have STV100-3

Wireless charging would be awesome.
    Not really, it's slow and also caused the overheating alerts. I ended up not using the feature.
    towngirl likes this.
    03-03-18 11:24 PM
    I think 128gb it comes with should be sufficient lol, this thing charges faster than my PRIV ever did, they are releasing a wireless dock for it as well. I contacted them about availability in Canada and also got a response very quickly. It has been my best experience with a smartphone thus far and cheaper than what I paid for my Passport a few years ago and so much better than the PRIV. Still think my Z10 was the best (even with the crap battery), never really used the Z30 I got on a fire sale. Had an interesting run with Blackberry but don't see myself ever buying another device with that name. The PRIV was the deciding factor to consider other options.
    My z10 was great but in the end, had a bad battery... and same as priv lol
    03-04-18 06:30 AM
    Not really, it's slow and also caused the overheating alerts. I ended up not using the feature.
    Lots of overheating on this phone. I think that is the main problem and it's getting worse. I really didn't have until one of the updates seem to cause it.
    03-04-18 06:38 AM
    they are releasing a wireless dock for it as well.
    The "wireless dock" is nothing more than some contacts with a magnet mounted on a flat slab, still requires a physical electrical connection and perfect alignment. Not to mention it's one of those propitiatory things only available from them, and will only work on their phone.
    I only keep a 128 SD in the Priv, but I can swap it out in a couple seconds, and edit / back up or what ever later and at my convenience.
    I could care less about charging speed, I drop it on the easel when I go to bed, and it's charged when I wake up.

I've never had any kind of overheating problems with wireless, in well over two years of using it.
    In 2+ years of reading and being active on these Priv threads, you are the 2nd person to mention it. Most people love it, even those that have to 'top off' during the day.

I like most of what I see with the Essential, But without those two features, it's not for me. It's bad enough I'm prob going to have to give up a PKB eventually.
    PHughes likes this.
    03-04-18 11:12 AM
    My z10 was great but in the end, had a bad battery... and same as priv lol
    But, you could carry multiple batteries, and I had three. I miss that option. That being said, I get decent battery life from my Priv, for a Priv, as long as I am in an area with good signal.
    03-04-18 01:11 PM
    I use wireless charging every night, and I have never experienced heating. If I take the phone off to look at it, the phone is cool. This is the one I use. https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Char...UvbUpU13148156
    03-04-18 01:13 PM
    Been there done all that overheating will damage some electronic after a month or maybe weeks idk ur bb will randomly shut down and get unbearably hot well if i were u i wud back up all important stuff and get my priv fixed by professionals might last u 8 months to 2 years i guess after that repair ps do it from blackberry my one currently is down cuz or bootloader issues careful what update u install soooo yea basically iuat back everything up and prepare for the worst jopenit dosnt happen to u tho just saying from personal experience.
    03-04-18 03:03 PM
    OP, your battery is old - like 70 years old try to run olympic race if you have newer apps installed... you can change 3x, if it is same vintage, the battery is old (assume no body made new battery after the Chen canned hardware). As for not using your phone still consuming battery: did you have geo tag on in any apps (google tag you to provide better user experience for example)? did you have bluetooth on? or wifi on? the phone will try to seek connections when you move to a new area (default wifi connections, like your restaurant), even you didn't check, it will scan the connection ports). etc.etc.
    as for new phone, good you set your eyes on Goo-berry. the others (2018 so far) really didn't show that much tech improvement, just iphone copycat by "appearance" - no face ID (3d laser scan), but have iphone look like "notch" - non-functional fake look alike... https://www.theverge.com/2018/3/4/17...lones-mwc-2018
    Save your money until something better come along...(hopefully).
    03-04-18 05:13 PM
    Typical Lithium rechargeable battery packs have a shelf life of around 2 to 4 years. But the shelf time does not reduce the cycle life. A brand new one and one thats been on the shelf 3 years since new will have nearly identical performance characteristics and the same number of charge cycles.
    Course I have no idea what the odds are of getting one that is unused. Regardless of how it's sold. They were completely unavailable, at any price, for several months. So either someone has found a forgotten batch in a warehouse, somebody is manufacturing them again, or used are being sold as new.
    03-04-18 06:37 PM
    I turned off location. My Bluetooth does not stay on ..wish it would.
    I lowered the brightness. They signal sometimes goes out. But otherwise it's stonge

I have one email on the hub.
    What is the age of that battery? If its new one, and not used for so many days ( manufactured so many days before but you got later)then you have to charge and discharge many times to increase present charging and discharging capacity the dying battery. And you have to note that the cycles (charging and discharging) of battery is about 800 to 1000 cycles and not depend on years.
    towngirl likes this.
    03-04-18 08:06 PM
    What is the age of that battery? If its new one, and not used for so many days ( manufactured so many days before but you got later)then you have to charge and discharge many times to increase present charging and discharging capacity the dying battery. And you have to note that the cycles (charging and discharging) of battery is about 800 to 1000 cycles and not depend on years.
    It is a new battery. When I got it, I totally used up the battery and let it fully charge. They guy where I bought it said to so that one time.

You think I should do it a few more times? I can do that.

So... I did call Bell fixer uppers and they said, after a factory reset you do not have to update drivers and OS and whatever else.

So I am done with that. Not doing it.
    03-08-18 09:27 AM
    It is a new battery. When I got it, I totally used up the battery and let it fully charge. They guy where I bought it said to so that one time.

You think I should do it a few more times? I can do that.

So... I did call Bell fixer uppers and they said, after a factory reset you do not have to update drivers and OS and whatever else.

So I am done with that. Not doing it.
    When I got my PRIV, battery is too week. So limited phone usage to normal(means charging only one time per day). After few weeks battery regains its full capacity. So try that. Also don't update apps which you won't use. Disable apps which is no more use too.
    towngirl likes this.
    03-09-18 10:38 PM
    When I got my PRIV, battery is too week. So limited phone usage to normal(means charging only one time per day). After few weeks battery regains its full capacity. So try that. Also don't update apps which you won't use. Disable apps which is no more use too.
    Someone had told me that lithium batteries don't work that way. But I have been doing that for a few days. Running it to 0 and charging it up.

And trying to get rid of apps and deleting ones I don't use.. It takes a while to go though them all.

I wonder if I should update the OS as mention previously? I probably don't have the marshmallow anymore? Was trying to check but can't find the info on the phone (after reseting it)
    03-10-18 07:25 AM
    lol I don't have 2000 apps.
    Lite version? I didn't know there was a light.
    If there was one thing on my Priv that sucked battery, it was the facebook app. This was even after turning off a lot of permissions.

Posted via my Awesome Passport SE SQW100-4/10.3.3.2163 pin:2C33423A
    towngirl likes this.
    03-10-18 07:50 AM
    The FB has lots of problems!!
    03-10-18 08:04 AM
    Someone had told me that lithium batteries don't work that way. But I have been doing that for a few days. Running it to 0 and charging it up.

And trying to get rid of apps and deleting ones I don't use.. It takes a while to go though them all.

I wonder if I should update the OS as mention previously? I probably don't have the marshmallow anymore? Was trying to check but can't find the info on the phone (after reseting it)
    Sorry I forgot to tell about one thing which should not do on battery. You should not drain battery to zero level. (I forgot the technical word to represent minimum voltage below which the battery should not drain frequently.) So don't do that,it'll reduce battery life. If the battery is new, u can charge it if even level is 50 or 40 %.maintain for 3 to 4 weeks untill it regains full capacity. (But usually plug to charger when your battery goes below 15 to 20%. --for normal condition of )
    towngirl likes this.
    03-10-18 09:16 AM
    Sorry I forgot to tell about one thing which should not do on battery. You should not drain battery to zero level. (I forgot the technical word to represent minimum voltage below which the battery should not drain frequently.) So don't do that,it'll reduce battery life. If the battery is new, u can charge it if even level is 50 or 40 %.maintain for 3 to 4 weeks untill it regains full capacity. (But usually plug to charger when your battery goes below 15 to 20%. --for normal condition of )
    Wow. Was draining it to 0
    I will stop doing that
    03-10-18 09:52 AM
81 1234