As the title indicates, for those who are not dead set on buying the Priv, what would it take in order for you to do so?

I suppose "not being Android" is a legit reason, but let us assume that this will not only be an Android only offering but that no other phones are currently in development at the moment, whether Android or BB10.

For me, in order to sell it to me, here is my list:

1. The option to log in/set up phone with my BlackBerry ID and not a Google account/Gmail address. Also, the ability to add other accounts to Hub.

2. The Hub, Peak, and Flow, obviously. But they need to be built into the layer/skin and not just available as apps. I want that "baked into the OS" feeling like we have with BB10 and not that "everything feels like an app" you get with Android, typically, and iOS.

3. The ability to remove Google Play Store and Google Services. I know, I know, and am not going into why. If BlackBerry is now a member of OHA, this should not be a problem because;

4. Ability to root phone. If BlackBerry is a member of the OHA then they cannot block users from rooting the phone no matter how much that may open up security risks. They can make it hard to root but cannot fully stop anyone from doing it. Why I want this is because I foresee a community of "BlackBerry on Android" coming together to bring new and old functionalities to a BlackBerry Android. Talk of "Cyanogenmod" on BB10 has been asked for on others forums (cough cough XDA Developers cough ahem) for some time now and with an official BlackBerry Android we might actually see a custom Berrymod ROM. Or at least some cool tweaks and hacks. This is the only thing I miss from my previous Android handsets.

5. BlackBerry calendar. Yeah, I actually like it. Either offer with the phone or as an .apk file to download.

6. Retain some core BB10 functionality such as when I purchase an airline ticket and get the conformation email, how that information is then transferred to BlackBerry Travel. That sort of thing. Once again I don't want an app for that, I want it to be built in.

7. Parts and parcel; for BlackBerry to port individual files over to Android, allowing us to pick and choose individual BlackBerry apps such as clock, Assistant, BlackBerry Guardian, and so on. I actually like Maps but am pretty sure I am the only one.

8. BB10 style notifications and not Android style notifications.

9. And.... BB10s font. Android's font is ugly and hurts my eyes. Their icons are stupid, too. Minor point but if I am going to be spending any amount of time looking at the thing I want it to appeal to me.

10. The same BB10 virtual keyboard as stock but with the added ability to add some real emoji or what-ever the kids call them these days. For once it would be nice to send a dolphin to someone even though I have know idea what it is supposed to mean.

11. Leaks would be cool...

12. Dark themes.

There are probably a few others, and only #1-4 are my deal breakers for sure, but these are the main one's I would be looking for. Otherwise I'll just get a Passport and a year or two from now figure something else out.

How about you?
    powereds likes this.
    09-24-15 12:12 PM
    Beidou and Galileo GPS support, which the Snapdragon 808 apparently has
    09-24-15 12:17 PM
    Drop the price. I just bought my Classic back in February so I can't justify paying so much for another phone to decommission it.
    09-24-15 12:31 PM
    Similar as above.
    The HUB is my biggest worry
    It's got to have a REAL hub, not a hub app. If they release a hub 'app' for android, I can load that on my current phone
    HUB must have ALL apps and notifications, paypal, twitter, etc etc
    09-24-15 12:40 PM
    Hello,

I think the Hub is really the key thing--at least for me. Without that full functionality including all the gestures, this will be hard to justify.

KAM
    09-24-15 12:54 PM
    An unsubsidised price point in the mid-tier range, a gesture-based hub launch not tied to swipe-up on the App Tray button (may be there, we don't know yet) and a written guarantee that I can return the phone for full price if it isn't updated to Marshmallow within 60 days of it (the device, not the OS iteration) being released.
    09-24-15 12:59 PM
    If the BlackBerry pric doesn't have the typical vulnerabilities android has such as stagefright and the lock screen by pass that would be great.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-15 05:25 AM
    Im already sold on it, but I would have liked to see a fingerprint scanner
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    09-25-15 07:05 AM
    Priv wish list top 6:

1. Change the ridiculously stupid name
    2. Rename from the current ****** up name
    3. Alter the current name from Priv to Virp. Makes as much sense and sounds just as stupid.
    4. Put together a focus group and run the name 'Priv' by them.
    5. Ask any schmoe on the street what he/she thinks of the name 'Priv'... listen to what they say.
    6. Change name from Priv to Torch

Posted via CB10
    09-25-15 10:59 AM
    Does anyone know anything about BlackBerry Maps on Priv? I haven't seen anything from evleaks or anybody else in the know.
    I'm one of the few fans of BlackBerry maps. I really prefer it to Google maps. In fact my preference is:
    1- BlackBerry Maps
    2- Google Maps
    3- any paper map (old school)

So I can only hope that it makes it to the Priv. Maybe I'll get choices of both.

Posted by my  BlackBerry Z10  STL100-3  SR 10.3.2.556 
    09-26-15 04:21 PM