Can someone break it down to me in layman's terms?

I mean are the phones not secure already?

What does these monthly updates bring?

Others have older phones than my PRIV and they still use their phones without these updates.
    10-23-17 12:28 AM

Others have older phones than my PRIV and they still use their phones without these updates.
    answer 1 : it is look to ios for example it's secure without any anti virus software unlike android

answer 2 : it brings stability and patch fixes to common problem and settings like app control

answer 3 : as the end of 2017 there's no operating system fully secure with network okay ?? see the link

10-23-17 08:37 AM

There are many layers of security on a device.

The user is by far the most important. Play safe. Stick to Play Store, use strong passwords and 2FA, encrypt your traffic, etc. Be careful with app permissions and monitor their usage occasionally though DTEK app.

Android devices have Play Protect which is part of Google Play Services, and scans apps for known vulnerabilities.

Monthly patches plug holes that were discovered by security experts, and some of them can leave you vulnerable if left alone.

BlackBerry has an additional layer with Integrity Detection - scanning system files for changes and warning you if a potential compromise has been detected.

BlackBerry hardware root of trust prevents unauthorized system software from being loaded on the device.

Each is just one piece of the puzzle.
    10-23-17 09:31 AM
    Were those other phones marketed as especially "secure", though?
    10-23-17 09:51 AM
    Hey blackberry has DTEK😎. but there is still google inside. So unsafe😒. *Android is always unsafe. But you can maintain at least minimum security by security patch update!
    10-23-17 09:55 AM
    so from what I read, our phones will still be somewhat secure from just DTEK alone.

If I continue to use just the apps I have now which are secure, I'm guessing the security level will drop as the risk of intrusion rises with each new App update?
    10-23-17 09:58 AM
    so from what I read, our phones will still be somewhat secure from just DTEK alone.

If I continue to use just the apps I have now which are secure, I'm guessing the security level will drop as the risk of intrusion rises with each new App update?
    No. DTEK is simply one layer of defense. Patching is important for other things including the new krack vulnerability with Wifi for instance.
    10-23-17 10:06 AM
    but there is still google inside. So unsafe😒
    You're mixing up security with privacy.
    boadica likes this.
    10-23-17 10:07 AM
    You're mixing up security with privacy.
    There are lots n lots of unsafe apps in play store. Don't you know that?
    10-23-17 10:09 AM
    Lol also whenever security decrease privacy tends to be public. Silly answer of urs😂
    10-23-17 10:11 AM
    Lol also whenever security decrease privacy tends to be public. Silly answer of urs😂
    As I said, sticking with the Play Store is just one level of defense. Play Protect is continually updated to scan installed apps for vulnerabilities, and BlackBerry Integrity Detection is always monitoring the system files for compromise.

Everything needs to work together to stay secure - not the least of which, the user.
    Last edited by conite; 10-23-17 at 10:24 AM.
    boadica likes this.
    10-23-17 10:14 AM
    As I said, sticking with the Play Store is just one level of defense. Play Protect is continually updated to scan installed apps for vulnerabilities, and BlackBerry Integrity Detection is always monitoring the system files for compromise.
    Whatever it may be, but we, i.e some fans of BlackBerry didn't like android OS On blackberrry.
    10-23-17 10:17 AM
    Whatever it may be, but we, i.e some fans of BlackBerry didn't like android OS On blackberrry.
    That's fine, but the alternative to Blackberry Android is nothing - not BB10.
    10-23-17 10:19 AM
    Hey I have another doubt, during launch of 1Gb ram mobile phones, it works superb. But in later days after 2 gb phone launched, this 1gb ram phone gone worst (like hang etc) do you know the answer?
    10-23-17 10:19 AM
    Hey I have another doubt, during launch of 1Gb ram mobile phones, it works superb. But in later days after 2 gb phone launched, this 1gb ram phone gone worst (like hang etc) do you know the answer?
    You left out a lot of details, but over time, the OS grows through updating, and you may need to review your data cache.
    10-23-17 10:28 AM
    You left out a lot of details, but over time, the OS grows through updating, and you may need to review your data cache.
    Aww can you explain with more details? Its my question whenever mobile lunches with higher ram & processor
    10-23-17 10:30 AM
    Aww can you explain with more details? Its my question whenever mobile lunches with higher ram & processor
    You go out with a sack to pick blackberries. As you pick, you keep thinking of other things you can do with them, and adding more. Soon, you can no longer fit more in the sack, but you still have recipes left you want blackberries for. You now need to upgrade your sack to the next generation, or live within the blackberries you can fit.
    10-24-17 11:01 PM
    Oh, and processor! The more blackberries you have to prep, the faster you want your processor.
    10-24-17 11:04 PM
    The best way to understand cybersecurity is to look at a framework like the NIST Cybersecurity Framework, which lists five functions:

Identify
    Protect
    Detect
    Respond
    Recover

DTEK, helps with the first three functions. It helps you to identify which apps access your sensitive information so you can take steps to protect them, and it helps you detect any inappropriate access, assuming you check it regularly.
    10-24-17 11:24 PM