I know that the stv100-2 is the CDMA version. Maybe I should be asking if you can get the CDMA version unlocked? I ask this because I am switching to Verizon and would hopefully like to be able to get an update for the priv.
    09-21-16 03:23 PM
    Why not buy one from Verizon. It is already unlocked for you.
    09-21-16 03:28 PM
    Why not buy one from Verizon. It is already unlocked for you.
    you are absolutely incorrect. all privs compatible with VZW (stv100-2) are locked down and cannot be updated without the big red lunkhead's go ahead, which looks like nov-dec, if this year at all.

OP- My priv works ok on Lollipop, I use it heavily daily for business. There are a few bugs that I hope are fixed in MM, but since its not avail from VZ yet, they are still annoyances. I have kludged around them, and the phone still gives good performance.

However, in the future, I will not be entering into any new contract with VZ, and will be moving to a GSM provider with unlocked phones. I am disgusted at the lack of concern for their customers' security by vz.

my 2c

-j

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-21-16 04:38 PM
    you are absolutely incorrect. all privs compatible with VZW (stv100-2) are locked down and cannot be updated without the big red lunkhead's go ahead, which looks like nov-dec, if this year at all.

OP- My priv works ok on Lollipop, I use it heavily daily for business. There are a few bugs that I hope are fixed in MM, but since its not avail from VZ yet, they are still annoyances. I have kludged around them, and the phone still gives good performance.

However, in the future, I will not be entering into any new contract with VZ, and will be moving to a GSM provider with unlocked phones. I am disgusted at the lack of concern for their customers' security by vz.

my 2c

-j

Ditto.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android from my Verizon BlackBerry Priv
    09-21-16 04:51 PM
    Nope unless you change to ATT OR tmobile you are stuck with the Verizon model.
    09-21-16 09:23 PM
    I know that the stv100-2 is the CDMA version. Maybe I should be asking if you can get the CDMA version unlocked? I ask this because I am switching to Verizon and would hopefully like to be able to get an update for the priv.
    Two different issues. You need to purchase a Verizon Priv from them or. If there are any. From an outlet that sells that model. The Verizon Priv is already UNlocked by Verizon but that only means you can use nonVerixon Sim cards without additional unlock steps. For security updates or OS updates you will need them from Verizon or an official autoloader issued after the Verizon version is released.

bluesqueen23 and swervable like this.
    09-21-16 09:50 PM
    Switching to Verizon means you're shackled to their update schedule and special snowflake device variants; in all honesty, if you want a BlackBerry, stick with a GSM carrier.
    09-22-16 12:05 AM
    Only a Verizon Priv will work on Verizon's network.
    09-22-16 11:09 AM
    Thank you all.

Still switching to verizon but maybe not getting their Priv.
    09-23-16 11:51 AM