What is that under the keyboard, stereo speaker?-blackberry-slider-clean.jpg

So I grabbed this picture from Blackberrys Blog, I was zooming in wondering why the chin is so far below the keys. I decided to play around with the brightness and exposure and it almost looks like holes, maybe for a stereo speakerphone??

What do you's think it is?
    ruhban likes this.
    03-21-15 12:17 AM
    If the chin would be closer to the keys, access to the bottom row would be very uncomfortable.
    03-21-15 12:33 AM
    Keep in mind it's a prototype. The design can change at any time.

Great photo enhancing though.
    Hulk123 likes this.
    03-21-15 01:14 AM
    To many of these threads. Wait and the time will show....

Posted via CB10
    03-21-15 07:49 AM
    I've heard it's a backup battery that turns on when regular battery percentage hits about 10%, to give the phone a recharge.

Okay it isn't, but as I wrote that if thought wouldn't that be bloody fantastic?

Posted via CB10
    George Guirguis likes this.
    03-21-15 09:36 AM
    Keep in mind it's a prototype. The design can change at any time.

Great photo enhancing though.
    Yah I realize it's still early as its probably October release, but thought it was an interesting addition and kinda hope they keep it there. I am not a fan of the placement of the speaker on the Leap

*Z30 STA100-5 10.3.1.2267*
    BionicKris likes this.
    03-21-15 01:29 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blackberry-slider-clean.jpg 
Views:	1808 
Size:	329.7 KB 
ID:	342784

So I grabbed this picture from Blackberrys Blog, I was zooming in wondering why the chin is so far below the keys. I decided to play around with the brightness and exposure and it almost looks like holes, maybe for a stereo speakerphone??

What do you's think it is?
    It does appear to be a stereo speakerphone.

I also adjusted your picture even more and it's noticeable that the keyboard appears to be curved at the sides too which is interesting.

My final observation was that the keys aren't attached to each other like the password which suggests that it is not a touch sensitive keyboard unfortunately

Posted via CB10
    03-21-15 02:09 PM
    I don't care what it is- having used the torch and all palm/hp pre's it needs not to be "bumped out" like the torch and it needs to be "long" like that to have a grip-thumb and balance area- regardless of how it looks for function you need stuff under the keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-15 08:02 PM
    Reminds me of these patent idea that came out in 2013 (with some minor visual changes of course)
    What is that under the keyboard, stereo speaker?-slider-patent-11.jpg
    What is that under the keyboard, stereo speaker?-600x366xslider_pic2-600x366.png.pagespeed.ic_.tmivgfw1f_.png
    What is that under the keyboard, stereo speaker?-slider_pic1.jpg

But as far as the big chin is concerned, the original BlackBerry Torch had something similar for grip and weight balance I believe

What is that under the keyboard, stereo speaker?-blackberry-torch-1.jpg
    03-25-15 07:38 AM
    If you look carefully at the OP photograph, and compare the length of the top and bottom parts of the open phone, you can see that when the slider is closed the speaker grill is still exposed.

I've attach a edited copy of the OP image comparing the top and bottom overhang dimensions beside another edited version showing how the slider looks when it is closed.
    Attached Thumbnails What is that under the keyboard, stereo speaker?-blackberry-slider-clean-3-open-closed-v.jpg  
    04-26-15 01:37 AM