I found myself going through an article on security couldn't help but go through some quotes in the inside BlackBerry site and thought... I wonder if there are more out there.

Anyone seen a particularly positive quote from outside BlackBerry?

Why The New York Times, Re/Code, ExtremeTech, Droid Life, Techno Buffalo, And Others Are Welcoming PRIV Secure Smartphone | Inside BlackBerry

Ian Austen, New York Times Bits: [According to]*Christian Kane, an analyst with Forrester Research, Knox did not overcome Android security doubts at many businesses and governments. As a result, no Android phone maker has firmly established itself with that segment of the market, leaving an opening for BlackBerry.

Ina Fried, Re/Code: The Priv, a high-end phone with a slide-out keyboard, packs a five-inch screen, all of Google�s services along with some unique BlackBerry touches and a clear focus on protecting the user�s information. *Among the touches: A much more secure lock screen, the ability to quickly get to emails and an app that assesses the relative security of the device based on a user�s settings.

Scott Adam Gordon, Android Pit: The BlackBerry Priv will soon be in our hands, but I already want one. And you should too. It�s an expensive handset � around US$700 � and although it might seem destined to be a niche success, the BlackBerry Priv is going to be a comeback king, and you�re going to want one.

Ron, Droid Life:*No one is willing to try anything different anymore�We�ve seen phones with keyboards before, sure, but when was the last time there was a flagship with an actual slide out keyboard? I�m not a fan of the Galaxy S6 Edge because the edge is a little too steep in my opinion, but I do like curved displays, which the Priv features�What does all of this add up to? A phone that is actually unlike everything else out there.

Dylan Habkirk, BlackBerry Central: BlackBerry has really kicked it up in the innovation department since the first line of BlackBerry 10 phones � and the Priv is definitely no exception. Just looking at the device, you can tell a ton of R&D went into making the well-crafted phone�The BlackBerry Priv is no simple or ordinary Android phone in any sense of the term. From a hardware injected PIN � to the incredible DTEK security monitoring software, BlackBerry set the Priv up to be the most secure it can possibly be.

Chris Smith, Trusted Reviews: The amalgamation of old and new is certainly an intriguing prospect for smartphone shoppers: The benefits of Android with the security promise of a BlackBerry could be the Canadian smartphone firm�s ticket back to the big time.

Brandon Russell, Techno Buffalo:*I can�t wait to see the device in person and spend a significant amount of time using it. I�m not part of its target audience, but it�s still fun to try new things, and I never really got to try this company�s phones when it was at the top of its game. Stay tuned, because I know I�m not the only one who feels we�re going to see some big things from this company over the next few months.

Serdar Kahraman, Master of Phone: Perhaps the most intriguing software features of the Priv are DTEK and Productivity Edge�.Aside from this new feature, Blackberry also introduced a manufacturing process that locks down the device�s hardware with the use of cryptographic keys. This means that even if it�s running on the Android OS, it�ll be hard (or close to impossible) to crack into the device�s software using hardware-based exploits.

Alex Angove, Whistle Out: BB isn�t entering the Android market with a whimper; this phone packs a hell of a punch. A powerful Snapdragon 808 processor puts it up with some of the most powerful phones around, as does its 3GB of RAM�BlackBerry keyboards are still respected by even some of the more hardcore Android tech pundits, and its implementation as a slider means no loss of screen real-estate.

Killian Bell, Cult of Android: Priv isn�t just BlackBerry�s first Android device; it�s also one of the most exciting Androids we�ve seen this year. It boasts a curved Quad HD display and high-end specifications, and a slide-out keyboard that long-time BlackBerry fans will be grateful to see.

Diego Macias, Android Headlines: The Blackberry Priv is turning out as one of the most interesting devices of the year. Despite being targeted to a business-oriented audience who uses their devices for productivity, the phone integrates some of the most powerful specs out there with very well designed hardware.

Joel Hruska, Extreme Tech: On the surface, Dtek looks like a simple privacy monitoring application that gives the user an at-a-glance summary of device privacy and security settings. There�s nothing wrong with that, to be sure, but Blackberry�s blog posts hints at additional functionality and per-application monitoring. This kind of flexibility and oversight could be a game-changer for the privacy conscious.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 11:11 AM