Hello,

Since I bought my PRIV I didn't reset it, since MM update I encounter some problems that some of you has reported i.e battery drain, overheating and some lags intermittently.

So I'm willing to reset it to factory settings, seems to be the ultimate way to fix does issues.

What I'm looking for now is some experience feedback from you, what will I lost? I have set the automatic backup to Google. But should I also save through the BlackBerry switch app some backup?

I would lost especially the notes, tasks, etc.

Thanks in advance

Posted via the CrackBerry app on PRIV by BlackBerry
    07-31-16 05:04 AM
    yes you will lose all your data, email setups, messages (except BBM). you need to back up all your SMS to keep them, backup all your data into the cloud. Contacts should be through an app or Google to reload them.
    jamesharmeling and FF22 like this.
    07-31-16 07:08 AM
    Thanks for your reply, what about note app data?

08-01-16 11:28 AM
    Thanks for your reply, what about note app data?

That might be a problem as BB did not provide any way to sync the Note data to anything else. I'm not sure if the normal Backup/restore in Main Settings deals with Note data.

edited to add: There's some reference to an Exchange account but I'm not knowledgeable in that area.
    Last edited by F2; 08-01-16 at 12:36 PM.
    08-01-16 12:18 PM
    Since you have auto backup enabled, technically apps can backup at least a bit of data ( I think it's up to 25 MBs per app or something). Unfortunately hardly any apps actually support this feature, so I think you need to assume you will lose the contents of any app that you haven't specifically configured to sync (e.g. if you have set Chrome to sync with your Google account, all the Chrome bookmarks will be restored, otherwise they will be lost).

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-01-16 01:08 PM
    Finally the only data it won't save is the note! I copied manually all the files that I wanted to keep, then in order to recover all the settings from Hub etc.

I downloaded a video screen app then recorded myself riding through all the menu and so on. To be able to get it back as they were.

Exported some settings with BlackBerry transfer, it work even if you keep the same phone though! However the android version doesn't transfer note and task

To recover my notes, I did it from BlackBerry transfer from my passport, thus I got just my old note.

So far so happy, the battery life is good and no heat issue anymore.

08-04-16 12:32 PM
    I would suggest to use evernote, one note, or google keep for notes.

They all automatically backup your data.

08-04-16 02:07 PM
    I would suggest to use evernote, one note, or google keep for notes.

They all automatically backup your data.

The issue I have with those methods are security and/or privacy. I don't necessarily want my notes on someone else's server. But I do want them backed up. Obviously, we have moved beyond bb10 but UNFORTUNATELY with that move, we have lost our BBLink software (not that it was the best!) where we could back up to our own computer and restore from our own computer.

My Notes today has questions that I wanted to ask my doctor when I visited earlier today. I don't need them traversing the ether. But I would like them backed up. And maybe even if I trusted BB in the past with some of my information, I was not trusting the unknown purveyors of 10 or 15 or more different apps. Obviously, this is a wider discussion than what would be lost in doing a full reset.
    08-04-16 03:44 PM
    The issue I have with those methods are security and/or privacy. I don't necessarily want my notes on someone else's server. But I do want them backed up. Obviously, we have moved beyond bb10 but UNFORTUNATELY with that move, we have lost our BBLink software (not that it was the best!) where we could back up to our own computer and restore from our own computer.

My Notes today has questions that I wanted to ask my doctor when I visited earlier today. I don't need them traversing the ether. But I would like them backed up. And maybe even if I trusted BB in the past with some of my information, I was not trusting the unknown purveyors of 10 or 15 or more different apps. Obviously, this is a wider discussion than what would be lost in doing a full reset.
    I understand that.

The way I see it I would rather take a very small risk of this data being found/hacked then all the data lost. To me Im not that special for anyone to care.

I also love Google Photos for their auto cloud backup. Its so nice not to have to worry about loosing my stuff. Just random pictures of things, no nudes, lol. Everyone has their own opinion on this though.

Defintly another discussion.

08-04-16 04:33 PM