In the video that BlackBerry just put out I can only see a bbm, some emails, and a calendar entry. I really hope that they get facebook, texts, etc in there as well.

What is in the Priv Hub?-crackberry-image.jpg

Posted via CB10
    10-17-15 08:23 AM
    I expect them to have what they have on BB10. The point of going to Android is having app support, so it would be dumb if the Hub had worse app suport than BB10 version, it would be the oposite.

I guess they just didn't want to give free advertising to other messaging apps
    MO3iusONE and anon(153966) like this.
    10-17-15 08:45 AM
    I hope the Priv has the BlackBerry Hub: I love the Hub!

Posted using my BlackBerry Stainless Steel Passport SE (and I also have the BlackBerry Z30).
    10-17-15 08:54 AM
    apk file like Instagram, Snapchat, Skype, Twitter will intergrated on HUB???
    10-17-15 09:15 AM
    I hope the Priv has the BlackBerry Hub: I love the Hub!

Posted using my BlackBerry Stainless Steel Passport SE (and I also have the BlackBerry Z30).
    It does not have the hub...
    10-17-15 09:20 AM
    apk file like Instagram, Snapchat, Skype, Twitter will intergrated on HUB???
    At this moment BBM is apk aswell because you can't run BB10 apps on Android.
    10-17-15 09:20 AM
    At this moment BBM is apk aswell because you can't run BB10 apps on Android.
    Is there leak file apk HUB? Please give me to download.
    10-17-15 09:29 AM
    Is there leak file apk HUB? Please give me to download.
    I guess not, otherwise we would have seen it before, but not sure.
    10-17-15 09:35 AM
    There is no leak of files from the Priv and probably wont be until the device is actually released if not after aswell

Posted via CB10
    10-17-15 09:58 AM
    It does not have the hub...
    Yes it does.

 RED Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2789 on Telus
    10-17-15 02:12 PM
    I think any app needs to be adjusted by the developer to be able to integrate into the Hub. So no Facebook or Twitter or Instagram etc until they are updated to support BlackBerry Hub

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB likes this.
    10-17-15 02:40 PM
    I believe the Hub on the Priv is likely to prove a huge disappointment to the BB10 crowd.

I doubt the Hub can be deeply-enough integrated into Android, and I further doubt that 3rd party Apps, such as Facebook, will have any interest in providing the hooks into their Apps for the use of a small-scale Android vendor (which is what BB have become).

Sent from my Awesome Lumia 1520
    10-17-15 02:42 PM
    I think any app needs to be adjusted by the developer to be able to integrate into the Hub. So no Facebook or Twitter or Instagram etc until they are updated to support BlackBerry Hub

Posted via CB10
    We pretty much posted together.

I agree, and would add the question: why would Facebook, Twitter want to spend time/money tweaking their Apps to work with the Hub? Where's the payoff for them?

menshawy likes this.
    10-17-15 02:45 PM
    Don't you understand there's public APIs? That's why the third party app on bb10 blaq exists. That's also how BlackBerry built their own Facebook app for bb10. This is nothing BlackBerry can't achieve on their own. Plus on Android there's notification access permissions making it possible for the hub to intercept and read any notifications you get from other apps
    10-17-15 02:50 PM

I agree, and would add the question: why would Facebook, Twitter want to spend time/money tweaking their Apps to work with the Hub? Where's the payoff for them?

Well they hardly put any effort into their apps on bb10 so who knows how this plays out.

It may not even be anything on their part. I mean android gets notifications, those notifications will probably get pushed to the hub simultaneously, and allow you to reply to a message.

I'm just speculating. The important thing to a lot of blackberry fans is that the hub is there hopefully they show off more of it prior to release.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    10-17-15 02:56 PM

That would take us back to the loop of market share vs development

Posted via CB10
    10-17-15 02:59 PM
    Don't you understand there's public APIs? That's why the third party app on bb10 blaq exists. That's also how BlackBerry built their own Facebook app for bb10. This is nothing BlackBerry can't achieve on their own. Plus on Android there's notification access permissions making it possible for the hub to intercept and read any notifications you get from other apps
    This would be the BB10 Facebook App that has stopped working as it did because Facebook changed their API?

When I see a Hub demo with seamless Facebook, Twitter, etc integration (not limited to notifications), I'll believe it'll happen.

We'll see.

10-17-15 03:04 PM
    Yes it does.

Can't you see the thread? it cleeeeaarly does NOT!
    10-17-15 03:11 PM
    Can't you see the thread? it cleeeeaarly does NOT!
    Then I guess this video released by BlackBerry yesterday showing the Hub is figment of everyone's imagination ?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?amp=&utm...utm_medium=crm

10-17-15 03:54 PM
    Then I guess this video released by BlackBerry yesterday showing the Hub is figment of everyone's imagination ?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?amp=&utm...utm_medium=crm

That's totally fakeeee!!!! someone made it up for suuuure
    10-17-15 03:57 PM
    That's totally fakeeee!!!! someone made it up for suuuure
    If u say so... Michael Clewley from BlackBerry posted a pic on his Twitter two weeks ago while they were filming it, and confirmed yesterday on his feed that it was indeed what they were filming. Believe what u want. You'll be proven wrong when the device is officially released. Lol

Hmmm... that table look familiar ?

Attachment 376237
    10-17-15 04:10 PM
    If u say so... Michael Clewley from BlackBerry posted a pic on his Twitter two weeks ago while they were filming it, and confirmed yesterday on his feed that it was indeed what they were filming. Believe what u want. You'll be proven wrong when the device is officially released. Lol

Hmmm... that table look familiar ?

Attachment 376237
    Hope you understood that I was being sarcastic about all this
    10-17-15 04:22 PM
    This would be the BB10 Facebook App that has stopped working as it did because Facebook changed their API?

When I see a Hub demo with seamless Facebook, Twitter, etc integration (not limited to notifications), I'll believe it'll happen.

We'll see.

They update their APIs and sometimes remove some so it is not surprising things break if the BB10 facebook stops working. I have not used my Z10 in over a year and certainly not with FB. From what I remember, when you use FB on BB10 the first time you are required to accept an app access token. Can't see why this can't be done for the hub.
    10-17-15 04:58 PM
    Wouldn't the hub just need to just include all notifications as shown in the notification center? I don't know if the hub as a standard app can be granted that, but surely BlackBerry's ROM could have those permissions baked in.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-15 05:37 PM
    On BB10 there is this "accounts" list where you choose an account type then enter your Userid and password, then BlackBerry 10 OS and the Hub can use those IDs and passwords to access various services then normalize their presentation in the Hub.

Perhaps BlackBerry has an "Account Info" app on the Android Slider that other BlackBerry apps can access, including the Hub.

Don't think this is hard, but if they're not allowed to tamper with how Android stores account info (or that each app manages their own account info) then the Hub will require you to enter the account info into the Hub app. It's just an implementation detail.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-15 05:58 PM
27 12