Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    I'm considering getting a Priv to replace my Passport, which never fully recovered from the Android Runtime glitch.
    I have looked at several AT&T stores, and also a Verizon store, hoping to get to handle one before I decided to buy one.
    Can anyone offer any insights? Does it feel as solid as the Passort? I remember not buying whatever Blackberry's previous slider was because the sliding mechanism felt loose and I wasn't confident the phone would last long.
    Also, in terms of size, is it about the size of the new larger iPhone?

Posted via CB10
    10-03-16 01:08 PM
    Not as solidly built as the Passport but the slider mechanism is spot on!
    It's slightly smaller than the new bigger iPhone with the slider closed

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    10-03-16 01:18 PM
    Regardless what you do, don't get it from Verizon.
    zephyr613 likes this.
    10-03-16 01:19 PM
    I turn off vibrate on touch because it makes the screen wiggle lol

Feels solid in some ways but flimsy in others

#whatisclassic
    10-03-16 01:44 PM
    Sliding mechanism is absolutely solid. I am using the phone since December and didn't noticed any problem.
    The size is definitely smaller than the iPhone 6 plus but it's taller when you extend the PKB.

Posted via my BlackBerry Priv
    10-03-16 04:03 PM
    Priv is flimsy IMO if you compare to the passport, but it works with the latest android apps. Slide mechanism is shorter than the Torch, so it feels sturdier.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-16 05:21 PM
    It feels very high quality and I absolutely love the feel of the back. The slider mechanism is very study. I have never had any issues with flimsiness.
    10-03-16 05:32 PM
    I'd say if you get one of the ones built after the first batch all the issues noted in the initial reviews seem to have been resolved. My Priv looks and feels great. The Carbon Fiber weave back looks awesome and is very grippy. The slider is easy and smooth. The phone feels way thinner than it probably should as a slider. It's about the size of any other ~5.4" slab out there until you extend the keyboard which adds a couple inches.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-03-16 06:09 PM
    I was debating myself...all the retailer demo's felt cheap....finally got to try a Real working Priv and was blown away. Felt solid, GreatQuality, just worked perfectly...and strange but the Android seemed to be "smoother" if that makes any sense....compared to some other Android devices I have tried that felt "choppy"

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    10-03-16 08:10 PM
    I agree, I was expecting a flimsy piece of crap when I first started reading about the Priv, but after actually handling one in our VZW store, I was very surprised by the solid feel and quality of build. After I bought one and had an episode that required me to take it apart, I was even more impressed with the design and engineering. It really is a well made phone in my opinion.

As far as size, if you are familiar with the Z30, the following photos should give you an idea. It's really not much larger than the Z30 and actually thinner by 0.020", I measured with a dial caliper.

Forgive the crappy photos, they were taken with a friend's Lenovo tablet.

Since I can never seem to get more than one photo at a time to upload to CrackBerry per post, there will be 3 more photos in the following 3 posts.

"If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong. "
    Attached Thumbnails What the Priv feel like?-img_20161003_192334.jpg  
    Last edited by rotorwrench; 10-03-16 at 10:09 PM.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-03-16 09:58 PM
    Error
    10-03-16 09:59 PM
    Back views.

Attached Thumbnails What the Priv feel like?-img_20161003_192437.jpg  
    10-03-16 10:04 PM
    With keyboard extended.

Attached Thumbnails What the Priv feel like?-img_20161003_192258.jpg  
    10-03-16 10:06 PM
    Edge profile.

Attached Thumbnails What the Priv feel like?-img_20161003_192703.jpg  
    10-03-16 10:08 PM
    OK. So here are my options:
    1. Wait for the next OS update and hope that it fixes my phone.
    2. Buy a new Passport.... Maybe change it up with a silver edition.
    3. Get the Priv.
    3b. Muddle along with my buggy phone and wait for a Priv price drop.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-16 10:51 PM
    OK. So here are my options:
    1. Wait for the next OS update and hope that it fixes my phone.
    2. Buy a new Passport.... Maybe change it up with a silver edition.
    3. Get the Priv.
    3b. Muddle along with my buggy phone and wait for a Priv price drop.

Posted via CB10
    Doubt the priv is going to drop much more than it already is currently at $559 on shopbb. Maybe 499 on black friday but who knows.

I just got mine yesterday, no flex in the back cover, feels like a premium device. I wouldn't expect it to be as solid as the passport simply due to the slider design, but it doesn't feel cheap. And the glass weave backing is brilliant.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-05-16 12:01 AM
    It blows my mind, when extended, that a screen can be so thin, yet pack so much power. No wonder it gets so hot at times, with a metal backing. It runs stuff that my tablets cannot (2 plus years). And does so smoothly.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-16 12:24 AM
    The passport se is a fantastic device, but so is the priv. I use both, the priv on Verizon and the passport se on wifi.

Posted via the CB App for PRIV
    10-05-16 12:28 AM
    I was thinking that AT&T might drop the Priv price significantly because it doesn't appear to be selling very quickly.

Also, I heard the Priv camera was better than any other BlackBerry cameras, but still not great.
    Any comments on that?

Posted via CB10
    10-05-16 12:07 PM
    I was thinking that AT&T might drop the Priv price significantly because it doesn't appear to be selling very quickly.

Also, I heard the Priv camera was better than any other BlackBerry cameras, but still not great.
    Any comments on that?

Posted via CB10
    https://www.dxomark.com/Mobiles/Blac...the-Privileged
    10-05-16 12:48 PM

Any comments on that?

Posted via CB10
    I bought a new AT&T Priv on eBay for $299. Free shipping. I think you can still get one. With the update to Marshmallow the camera is quick and easy to use and takes much better pictures than I could ever get on my Passport. The Priv is faster to focus and is a better camera physically and in software that drives it.

I had both slider Torches, and though people complained that there was some looseness to them, they were built like tanks. The design of the Priv slider mechanism is more solid than the Torch. The display is phenomenal. And even with the OS being non-rootable, there are so many was to customize your Android experience to make it your own.
    Tim Heard likes this.
    10-05-16 01:45 PM
    Another thing I have found great about my Priv is the integration of Windows apps, such as Word and my ability to print directly to my printer using the Epson app. Yesterday, I was able to compose and sign my signature to a business letter all from my phone, no computer or scanner required. Really cool stuff! Rarely need my computer at all.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-16 09:21 PM
    So far to me, it feels like a Solid premium device. My z3 felt this way too for the first day, until the rear glass shattered. I had my wife try a few things on it (She just got a Lg G5) and she thought it was a bit hefty but nice, and i have to agree with that.

Its a bit on the heavier side, the keyboard is pretty flat and the camera cant even hold a candle to my wifes G5.

However, the screen is the nicest i have ever seen on a phone, It feels very solid and the OS is absolutely Excellent. The hub while not as nice as it was on BB10 is still quite good once you figure out the notification issue, and the battery life so far is fairly good, about on par with my Z3 which had absolutely awesome battery life when it came out.
    10-13-16 11:02 AM
    Didn't have a passport. Doesn't feel as solid/ heavy as my z30 but it's still pretty good. Been my only phone since March. The pkb still works like it should as does everything else
    10-13-16 01:39 PM