My alternative is an Android phone anyways, so yes.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-15 01:49 PM
    Dude, read up on ghost push. It's crazy. Malicious ads on webpages can be used to inject the code. It's probably the worst, fastest spreading and most serious mobile virus threat we have ever seen.

http://betanews.com/2015/09/21/who-y...-people-a-day/

Posted via BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition
    I have, and from your own link,

The virus has so far not affected apps from the Google Play store so if your device is set to not download apps from third-party locations you should be safe.
    Again, not passing judgement, but just saying that user behavior is the primary driving force for compromise security in any environment. I can't fault anyone for wanting to use 1Mobile or other app stores/sites, but there's an inherent risk with "going off the reservation."

Posted via CB10
    thepolishguy likes this.
    09-23-15 02:05 PM
    Why do people keep assuming BB10 is secure for consumers. The OS is only fully secure when used with BES. It is no different than the Blackberry Android. If you want it to be secure get BES. Will it be very mildly more secure than stock android? Probably but no more than BB10 is.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-15 02:13 PM
    Why do people keep assuming BB10 is secure for consumers. The OS is only fully secure when used with BES. It is no different than the Blackberry Android. If you want it to be secure get BES. Will it be very mildly more secure than stock android? Probably but no more than BB10 is.

Posted via CB10
    Can you get viruses on BB10? (actual question)

For me personally if BlackBerry hasn't locked down Android then I will be on the fence

Posted via CB10
    09-23-15 03:00 PM
    No, never. I was literally just in the phone with a friend who owns a Samsung S5, and he told me that he has the Ghost Push virus on it and the stagsfight.

His phone is now installing apps itself via cellular, and deleted his text message app so he can't send or receive sms/mms. It froze during a call and went really hot.
    Now he did a factory reset, it's still like that. Missing messages app, the settings app is messed up and it's not possible anymore to receive emails.

So this is android at the minute. The virus Ghost Push got Root access to android devices.

This is not goo for a device that's meant to work whenever you need it. Imagine this phone now in an accident or anything serious, you can't place a call because it's got a virus on?!

No, never android. Just because millions of people like the clicky colours and stuttery OS doesn't mean that the OS is good.

I need a phone that doesn't let me down. I just ordered a Nokia 6500 classic just in case my Z30 is old and dies.

FUD

Posted from an ME173X
    09-23-15 03:08 PM
    No, never. I was literally just in the phone with a friend who owns a Samsung S5, and he told me that he has the Ghost Push virus on it and the stagsfight.

His phone is now installing apps itself via cellular, and deleted his text message app so he can't send or receive sms/mms. It froze during a call and went really hot.
    Now he did a factory reset, it's still like that. Missing messages app, the settings app is messed up and it's not possible anymore to receive emails.

So this is android at the minute. The virus Ghost Push got Root access to android devices.

This is not goo for a device that's meant to work whenever you need it. Imagine this phone now in an accident or anything serious, you can't place a call because it's got a virus on?!

No, never android. Just because millions of people like the clicky colours and stuttery OS doesn't mean that the OS is good.

I need a phone that doesn't let me down. I just ordered a Nokia 6500 classic just in case my Z30 is old and dies.

And now back to reality.
    09-23-15 05:59 PM
    From my awesome Z30
    09-23-15 06:42 PM
    Since everyone is so anxious for this phone to be released and the talk of "Securing" Android is at an all time high, how many of you will buy this phone if its just an Android phone will no extra security measures in place unless you are an enterprise customer? I'm guessing a small portion of people since security is of paramount importance to the vast majority in here.

So if Blackberry comes out with this device and Chen says "We've secured Android for the Enterprise customer but are also going to make it available as an Android option for the consumer" will you still buy it?
    If the Venice isn't secure, so probabily no smartphone is secure
    09-23-15 06:48 PM
    I've used Android devices and never had problems.

Phantom installs, viruses and any other whacky behavior done by the device usually comes from the result of downloading apps from outside of the Play Store and/or downloading apps from a untrusted/proven developer. Now yes, there shouldn't be infected apps on the Play Store, unfortunately a lot slip through, especially on Android but despite this, I've never had issues. Never.

So, I'm not sure what extra steps BlackBerry is taking to make Android more secure than Google could ever do but it will be greatly appreciated. But even if they didn't do anything, I would survive on Android and I would still buy the device.

BRING ON THE VENICE!!!!
    09-23-15 06:50 PM
    It will now be named The Priv! Should be secure enough!
    09-23-15 07:04 PM

Phantom installs, viruses and any other whacky behavior done by the device usually comes from the result of downloading apps from outside of the Play Store and/or downloading apps from a untrusted/proven developer. Now yes, there shouldn't be infected apps on the Play Store, unfortunately a lot slip through, especially on Android but despite this, I've never had issues. Never.

So, I'm not sure what extra steps BlackBerry is taking to make Android more secure than Google could ever do but it will be greatly appreciated. But even if they didn't do anything, I would survive on Android and I would still buy the device.

BRING ON THE VENICE!!!! http://emoji.tapatalk-cdn.com/emoji123.png http://emoji.tapatalk-cdn.com/emoji36.png
    You are destroying a whole industry of fear with this post.
    09-23-15 07:59 PM
    Priv

Posted via CB10
    09-24-15 03:09 AM
    Priv
    Your plan is to write this in every thread? You have done three so far, and none of the threads are about the name.
    09-24-15 03:20 AM
    Buy. If you are an "expert" in OS development or ethical hacking. You would say there is not even one OS that is 100% secured!

IOS, BlackBerry OS, Windows, Unix, Linux whatever it is.. it is all about code, if there are codes, there will be flaws.

So who will be exploiting it and how worthy it is to exploit the flaws? How much effort for you to exploit the flaws? Secure or not secure, you send the information through your preferred telco and internet line, who knows if they have tapped on you? How does it look like to be not secure? How does it look like if it is secure? Are you sure the email that you send only goes to the recipient? Who else are able to received it? Where is the database of your email being kept in?

Posted via CB10
    09-24-15 03:53 AM
    Yeeeeees!

Posted via CB10
    09-24-15 04:12 AM

BRING ON THE VENICE!!!! http://emoji.tapatalk-cdn.com/emoji123.png http://emoji.tapatalk-cdn.com/emoji36.png
    True. Most security issues are caused by improper use anyways. You can also put a weak password on a BlackBerry. If you hang the keys at the front door, not the safest building will protect you against intruders.

Same goes with apps. If they aren't trustworthy, don't use them. And if the breach is on the server side, like it happened with Sony, a secure device won't help you a bit.

Posted via CB10
    JRF_1986 and Plazmic Flame like this.
    09-24-15 04:28 AM
    If the Venice isn't secure? Yep, still buying it.

If the Venice is launched with the name "Priv?" Well...

Posted via CB10
    ayngling likes this.
    09-24-15 08:06 AM
    I need to see how it runs and feel it in my hands. I have no issues with Android, never have had any viruses or lag on any device. If BlackBerry can make a nice, solid Android device, I'm all in.
    09-24-15 10:13 AM
    If the Venice isn't secure? Yep, still buying it.

If the Venice is launched with the name "Priv?" Well...

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, I'm not liking the name... as someone mentioned, I see a lot of people calling it the "Perv". I'll just go with Venice or Slider... or just call it my BlackBerry.
    00stryder and ayngling like this.
    09-24-15 10:17 AM
    If the Venice records all of my keystrokes and send them to a ring of identity theft experts - I will still buy it.

jk jk

But I am buying it.
    09-24-15 11:09 AM
    For me, the most important thing would be the Hub, and other BB10 PIM stuff. I like their Hub/Email, etc, Contacts, Travel, Blend, Calendar, Phone apps. So if those things are there, that would be enough for me, I am not really the tinfoil hat type.
    09-24-15 11:31 AM
    Has ios 9 been jailbroken yet despite there being a one million dollar bounty on a jailbreak?

$4M now

Posted via CB10
    09-24-15 11:57 AM
    If it is just vanilla Android I will have to think more before buying. Likewise, if I can't set granular app permissions, I will also have to think more before pulling the trigger.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-15 01:12 PM
    $4M now

Posted via CB10
    I need to work seriously on this. Lol

lasouthern likes this.
    09-24-15 01:57 PM
    I need to work seriously on this. Lol

Hey man shoot me your pin and we'll start working on it right away. Lol we can go downtown to the courthouse with iphones to break for starters.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-15 03:04 PM
55 123