05-04-15 09:15 PM
62 123
tools
    Would be really cool!!!

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 02:42 PM
    Seriously. Guys. It's not possible. It's not even remotely possible. The second half has the battery and all the components. You can't operate a screen with no components. Nobody wants a separate detachable keyboard run on bluetooth

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 07:07 PM
    Seriously. Guys. It's not possible. It's not even remotely possible. The second half has the battery and all the components. You can't operate a screen with no components. Nobody wants a separate detachable keyboard run on bluetooth

Posted via CB10
    What if it has two batteries, a smaller one with the screen and a bigger one with the slide? A la ThinkPad Helix?

Probably not for this slider but maybe a future product.
    03-07-15 08:25 PM
    It won't be possible. I think the battery is with the slider and it also has the camera, flash everything. The only thing I want is that the slider can locked whenever I want so that while using the device it won't fall on its own.
    Wonder how will they make cases for this. It's not possible to cover the entire device...

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 08:45 PM
    A removable keyboard would be SICK.

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    Yep, throw it in the box and never use it
    03-07-15 08:50 PM
    It won't be possible. I think the battery is with the slider and it also has the camera, flash everything. The only thing I want is that the slider can locked whenever I want so that while using the device it won't fall on its own.
    Wonder how will they make cases for this. It's not possible to cover the entire device...

Posted via CB10
    It'll be fine. Sliders have been around for years before this. Keyboard trays aren't just falling out on their own. It'll be well made and there will be cases. Just like there was before

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 08:52 PM
    Yep, throw it in the box and never use it
    Exactly our point!

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 10:27 PM

Posted via CB10
    Why not? This is not the final model.. and tablets like the microsoft word does have detachable keyboards why can't a BlackBerry 10 do it? Add that to being innovative 💪!!

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 10:29 PM
    Why not? This is not the final model.. and tablets like the microsoft word does have detachable keyboards why can't a BlackBerry 10 do it? Add that to being innovative 💪!!

Posted via CB10
    You mean the microsoft surface? Because you don't hold the surface with your hands, you place it on your lap or desk. The top has all the weight because it has all the components.

Listen guys a removable keyboard slider means you want all touch. Drop the dream. It ain't happening. Just keep the slider closed.

Posted via CB10
    Hemlocke likes this.
    03-07-15 11:16 PM
    Why not? This is not the final model.
    While not the final model, it won't change drastically from what was shown as major changes will require too much additional work with regards to things like antennas and rf performance, at this point they will be into the tweaking stage of things.
    spork141 likes this.
    03-08-15 06:46 PM
    Guys. NOT removable. Where would all the components that are required to run a phone be? The top? You know how top heavy that would be?

Besides how sturdy would a removable bottom be? It would need to connect to some wires to make it work. Either that or it would be blue tooth. And nobody wants to charge their phone and their keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    Geeeez Mom!
    You had to go and ruin it.
    Doh!

Posted via CB10
    00_Agent likes this.
    03-20-15 08:54 PM
    What if it has two batteries, a smaller one with the screen and a bigger one with the slide? A la ThinkPad Helix?

Probably not for this slider but maybe a future product.
    Really, I've always thought it would be cool if BlackBerry just made a stand alone keyboard you could use with any BB.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-15 08:57 PM
    So the argument for and against the slider will continue...if I was to compromise and get the slider and leave the keyboard closed, how thick do you think this device is? I am rocking a Z30 at the moment. So something as thick or thinner, and with updated specs would be a great upgrade in due time.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-15 10:07 AM
    If they were doing that they could just make the "Z50" and release a keyboard case for it. They didn't do that, so it's not happening.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-15 04:41 PM
    Bluetooth keyboards suck...

Posted via CB10
    03-21-15 08:04 PM
    It's not removable. This is a stupid thread.

Yours truly,
    Captain Obvious

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    03-21-15 08:06 PM
    Bluetooth keyboards suck...

Posted via CB10
    That's what I've always heard. So I think a removable KB would be kind of crappy.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-15 09:39 PM
    A removable keyboard would be SICK.

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    The Slider seems like the most interesting rumoured BB to come. I love my Z10 but want more power. The Slider seems to be a natural next step. But I must say that a physical keyboard is not wanted at all. This is just strange thinking about how great the all touc keyboard on my Z10 is. So cross my fingers for a slider with a removable physical keyboard or that you can order it with or without
    04-04-15 04:49 PM
    What if the slider keyboard is removable.-1259583.jpg

So there's just some slidey bit that flaps around without the keyboard?

Or is the entire back removable, necessitating the front half of the phone duplicating the battery, camera, etc.?

Or, yanno, just keep the phone closed?
    04-04-15 05:08 PM
    It's special because of its sliding mechanism. That's all.

Clickety-Clack via CB10
    04-06-15 03:25 AM
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...for-your-jolla

^ This ^

Posted from q10, excuse me for not having any typos.
    04-09-15 08:33 AM
    Everybody is complaining about blackberry got no plan for z10 successor but Chen said the keyboard is very special..
    what if you can remove the keyboard and use the phone as a full touch...then you got your full touch high end ..what if the keyboard is removable and instead you could plug and extra battery or other accessories ...just thinking...what you guys think?

Posted via my Z10
    That really opens up some innovative options. I guess it would need thinking through in case the practicalities might sink it.
    04-30-15 10:51 AM
    I would love a removable keyboard. That means I can put other things there... extra battery, laser pointers for my own personal light show, tv/car remotes, antenna booster, .pptx clickers, giant SSD drives, a transponder, possibly a tricorder... maybe not a plasma torch or light saber. Still, bolt-ons limited only by your imagination and, to some degree, technology (no fusion reactors). Housing of said devices could mimic the size/connection of the removable keyboard. Sliding would be to activate the unit.

Connection doesn't have to be blue-tooth... could be physical connections such as that found on the NFC of the back covers. Don't know if BBRY would be willing to provide those items, or if they'll license out to vendors. Imagine buying not just software anymore but software to go with hardware. Productivity not just for pencil pushers but also for those who work with their hands.

If this was their slider, the only replacement phone I'd ever get is a slider upgrade. Ok, time to wake up now. Good dream while it lasted.
    David Tyler likes this.
    05-01-15 10:34 PM
    That's why I wrote "if " in the post title. i wanted us to imagine and dream. doesn't hurt...

Posted via CB10
    05-02-15 09:59 AM
    Well, seeing how many the Typo sold there may be something top this. If people are willing to use an iphone with a slap on keyboard case and and not mind the length, then there has to be people willing to use a slider with a keyboard the hides away.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-15 12:33 PM
62 123