Everybody is complaining about blackberry got no plan for z10 successor but Chen said the keyboard is very special..
    what if you can remove the keyboard and use the phone as a full touch...then you got your full touch high end ..what if the keyboard is removable and instead you could plug and extra battery or other accessories ...just thinking...what you guys think?

Posted via my Z10
    menshawy, 00_Agent, kekos and 2 others like this.
    03-04-15 04:41 PM
    It could be on a magnetic rail, for example, you have the screen + board on the top side, with the lower component being removable containing the battery + keyboard. With the phone coming with the top-side, plus two additional add-on components, one being the battery and keyboard the other being just a solid back (i.e just the battery (making it thinner))...

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1016
    menshawy, pttptppt and allhookedup like this.
    03-04-15 06:16 PM
    I think this would work as about as well as those amphibious cars. The best of both worlds and you don't have to drive it in the water if you don't want to.
    03-04-15 06:22 PM
    Looking at the back, it doesn't look like its removable. Rotatable, maybe, maybe not. Or capacitive keys?

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 07:14 PM
    I never thought of this. That would be quite interesting. Not sure if this will happen, but it would get more people talking about the device!
    03-04-15 07:23 PM
    A removable keyboard would be SICK.

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    03-04-15 07:24 PM
    YES!
    By making it "non-fixed" and let's say using bluetooth for the keyboard it makes the device quite durable in my eye. No important moving parts and the possibility to buy an extended battery-keyboard comes to my mind.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 09:55 PM
    Plus imagine all the money they would make off of people replacing their lost keyboards.

Pretty awesome. Nightmare for case makers thought (not that they make much for BlackBerry anyway).

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 10:15 PM
    Guys. NOT removable. Where would all the components that are required to run a phone be? The top? You know how top heavy that would be?

Besides how sturdy would a removable bottom be? It would need to connect to some wires to make it work. Either that or it would be blue tooth. And nobody wants to charge their phone and their keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    BionicKris likes this.
    03-06-15 10:17 PM
    It would be great if it was like the Jolla phone TOH (The Other Half) keyboard half, but I seriously doubt that is the case. I think TOH is one of the coolest hardware innovations in a long time, but unfortunately, Jolla isn't big enough to build flagship specced phones, so it will probably never see wide adoption. Think BlackBerry's recent struggles, times ten, and you have Jolla's predicament.

It's a shame, too, because both companies are actually innovating in the mobile software space.
    03-07-15 01:33 AM
    May be you can let the slider close and can chose to use a virtual keyboard in the settings so you have a sort of Z30, always with the option to slide the keaboard out when you want to write accurately and/or longer texts.

Workhorse: BlackBerry|Q10, SQN100-3, OS 10.2.2.1531; Power Workhorse: BlackBerry|Passport, SQW100-1, OS 10.3.1.2480; Germany.
    03-07-15 01:39 AM
    So.what if it IS removable??!

Why on earth do people start questions like this, like it's a real question so what if it is removable what's the point of the phrase being said this way? OK so it's removable what then?

Sorry it sounds how a small child would phrase a question, as my son used to actually state his questions in grade 5. I don't mean to come across as arrogant I just get annoyed with weird statements like this - just the title. However the rest of the thread op does go on to pontificate to provide more pontificating.

Posted via CB10
    BionicKris likes this.
    03-07-15 01:39 AM
    So.what if it IS removable??!

Why on earth do people start questions like this, like it's a real question so what if it is removable what's the point of the phrase being said this way? OK so it's removable what then?

Sorry it sounds how a small child would phrase a question, as my son used to actually state his questions in grade 5. I don't mean to come across as arrogant I just get annoyed with weird statements like this - just the title. However the rest of the thread op does go on to pontificate to provide more pontificating.

Posted via CB10
    I think it would provide comfort to some if they knew it was removable. They like the idea of a touchscreen flagship, but maybe not one with a sliding keyboard attached. However, just a quick look at the back shows the camera, which means it couldn't possibly be removable because it would be silly to have the camera be removable, as well.
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    03-07-15 01:44 AM
    I think it would provide comfort to some if they knew it was removable. They like the idea of a touchscreen flagship, but maybe not one with a sliding keyboard attached. However, just a quick look at the back shows the camera, which means it couldn't possibly be removable because it would be silly to have the camera be removable, as well.
    Not only that but the battery would be separated.

PS: thanks for understanding me and not cutting me up. You do this site and fan base a great credit! I've been so stressed out lately and taking it out on others is not good nor an excuse.

Posted via CB10
    Hemlocke likes this.
    03-07-15 01:51 AM
    I agree that the keyboard of the slider device did not appear to be removable, but the idea of a Jolla-type device with a back that could either be a keyboard or be swapped out for an extra battery back plate is an exciting idea.

But perhaps the biggest news is that so many people in this forum really want BlackBerry to produce a flagship all-touch device so badly that they want Chen to find a way to turn the slider into an all-touch. Give the people what they want, Mr. Chen!
    Hemlocke and BionicKris like this.
    03-07-15 02:07 AM
    The screen is one that slides out. The keyboard is part of of the main body.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 04:57 AM
    That would be interesting. If you can remove the keyboard and put it back when you want. The phone will have a battery and the keyboard will have another battery to extend the life of the phone if you attached it. Though it could become a heavy phone but an extra battery life probably worth it for people on the go and don't always have access to power outlets.

Posted via Q10
    03-07-15 07:25 AM
    Very interesting indeed.. I'm one who might sway from the slider because I don't want the physical keyboard. The idea of having the keyboard detachable from the phone might encourage me to buy it.

I imagine it's possible to implement.. I see even the possibility of an additional back cover that could be applied in case of no physical keyboard to hide the keyboard connectors

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 07:39 AM
    Blackberry could hire Ryan Seacrest.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    ChrisBB2011 likes this.
    03-07-15 07:46 AM
    Well, I think that the keyboard will have swipe gestures just like the one in Passport. Then got back lighting.... for something special maybe, something like spill-resistant or water resistant keyboard?? This is what comes to my mind....

Maybe the slide phone is also military grade IP68 certified! First rugged and slide phone made by BlackBerry!!! Yeah... that's a good high end rugged phone...!

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 07:49 AM
    It could be on a magnetic rail, for example, you have the screen + board on the top side, with the lower component being removable containing the battery + keyboard. With the phone coming with the top-side, plus two additional add-on components, one being the battery and keyboard the other being just a solid back (i.e just the battery (making it thinner))...

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1016
    Good thinking. If it were they'd have to think of a way that it's secured into place so that when you do drop the phone, it doesn't shatter.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 09:54 AM
    Not a bad idea. Same reason I looked at Project Ara back then before I switched to BB10, but that seemed years away for someone to have a keyboard module.

Nice if BlackBerry came up with this and this can shut those all-touch keyboardless whiners up.
    03-07-15 09:58 AM
    This seems perfect. It would be possible except for the fact that the keyboard is attached to the main unit, it doesn't slide out. It's the screen that slides out

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 10:12 AM
    This is a great idea. But if it wasn't removable, at least design the device such that Blackberry can offer both, one with a slider and one without.
    03-07-15 10:12 AM
    The idea of a removable keyboard makes little sense as all you could really do is remove the top layer, in a modern phone you are going to be using all the space below it for vital components (many phones will have tend to have a lot of their antennas in that area) and if you were to make a keyboard removable then that would probably just end up adding to the bulk of the phone.
    03-07-15 10:55 AM
62 123