Welp, everyone else seems to be posting all kinds of crazy crap so I figure I do the same. You slide the phone up, play your thumb anywhere on the keypad and it unlocks your phone. Boom!

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
    10-01-15 12:42 AM
    Welp, everyone else seems to be posting all kinds of crazy crap so I figure I do the same. You slide the phone up, play your thumb anywhere on the keypad and it unlocks your phone. Boom!

lol you're gonna place all kinds of crazy sensors on the keyboard and make it thicker. I'd go for swiping your thumb across the speaker on the bottom to unlock it =D
    10-01-15 02:58 AM

That's one way to get all-touch fans to use the pkb
    10-01-15 03:03 AM
    Come on, BlackBerry should have said it so if there's a feature like that coming in the Priv
    10-01-15 05:01 AM
    Tis a good idea though. No need to unlock the device - every touch and tap is fingerprint verified.
    10-01-15 05:17 AM
    Not a chance. It not only puts extra step to unlock it's costly. There're also technological challenges to implement this design on a keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-15 06:03 AM
    Not a chance. It not only puts extra step to unlock it's costly. There're also technological challenges to implement this design on a keyboard.
    On the contrary, less steps to unlock since every tap could be a fingerprint check.
    The technological challenges are irrelevant since the post is a "what if".
    10-01-15 06:19 AM
    That's what the key with the three dots Is for .

Posted via CB10
    10-01-15 06:26 AM
    On the contrary, less steps to unlock since every tap could be a fingerprint check.
    The technological challenges are irrelevant since the post is a "what if".
    Yes let's slide the keyboard every time we need to unlock and lets bog down the system by verifying print after every letter....add one more to my list # not practical.

If the print sensor has dedicated processing hw it might not slow down the processor but it can add extra 'time'.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-15 06:48 AM
    Btw blackberry wouldn't implement finger print scanner. They're against storing any digital biometric data as it can potentially get hacked. U can't reset ur fingerprints like a numerical password.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-15 06:56 AM
    Yes let's slide the keyboard every time we need to unlock and lets bog down the system by verifying print after every letter....add one more to my list # not practical.
    OK, maybe I was getting ahead of myself. I was imagining the whole screen and, if available, keyboard as a fingerprint reader. No need to slide.
    If the print sensor has dedicated processing hw it might not slow down the processor but it can add extra 'time'.
    We're talking about a hypothetical technology here and you are already arguing the finer details and that it's going to be too slow. There are plenty of features in the IT world that are completely unnecessary and burn cycles, but people want them anyway. I don't think this is any different.
    Btw blackberry wouldn't implement finger print scanner. They're against storing any digital biometric data as it can potentially get hacked. U can't reset ur fingerprints like a numerical password.
    Once you have gone down the biometric route anyway, as Apple and others have, why would you not extend it to the max? I'll admit that I don't like it and wouldn't be keen on it, but many others would.
    With regards to BB, well they didn't want to have anything to do with Android either...
    10-01-15 09:20 AM
    Since we're going down this road, why not add a DNA scanner, that way you could just spit on your phone to unlock?

Z30STA100-3/10.3.2.2789
    10-01-15 10:00 AM
    Since we're going down this road, why not add a DNA scanner, that way you could just spit on your phone to unlock?
    Lol. Unlock someone's phone with a dirty sock. Nice.
    10-01-15 10:08 AM
    I guess this idea of the finger print keyboard is broken since you would need a flat surface to rest your finger...
    10-01-15 10:19 AM