Is it possible? I mean looking at Samsung Knox, you have to download another version of Samsung apps for Knox. What if it's there's an app or mode in this Android version where you can go emulate or run an app that features BB10 gestures inside the app. It can download BlackBerry core apps (or even BlackBerry world) just so to still support the community. Of course the app is better for work mode. Is it possible?

Clickety-Clack via CB10
    08-08-15 10:53 PM
    possible, but im like 100.1% sure it just wont happen... too much work... for what really? 99% of the bbw apps are just 3rd party version of big name apps
    08-09-15 12:51 AM
    What's the point?

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 12:53 AM
    A sort of work mode and personal mode- blackberry balance for consumers. And maybe the reason why some say venice runs BB10 and Android at the same time.

Clickety-Clack via CB10
    08-09-15 01:12 AM
    Like a BB10 runtime on an Android. It's possible, but since they aren't updating Cascades to QT 5, I doubt they'd go that way. They'll more likely port just their own apps (BB Experience Suite).

The idea of running pure Android could be something I could do if I have to, but I REALLY don't want to lose the gestures and the way the hub works. I've played with a Nexus 6 at work that I could use if I want to. I think Material Design is nice, but I can't stand the lack of a hub and the gestures for accessing it and the multitasking. If I had never used BB10 and came straight from legacy BBOS, then I could handle a hub app that I access through an icon. BB10 has spoiled me, and Android to me seems more like an evolved BB legacy OS. I don't want to regress.
    08-09-15 03:03 AM
    Like a BB10 runtime on an Android. It's possible, but since they aren't updating Cascades to QT 5, I doubt they'd go that way. They'll more likely port just their own apps (BB Experience Suite).

The idea of running pure Android could be something I could do if I have to, but I REALLY don't want to lose the gestures and the way the hub works. I've played with a Nexus 6 at work that I could use if I want to. I think Material Design is nice, but I can't stand the lack of a hub and the gestures for accessing it and the multitasking. If I had never used BB10 and came straight from legacy BBOS, then I could handle a hub app that I access through an icon. BB10 has spoiled me, and Android to me seems more like an evolved BB legacy OS. I don't want to regress.
    I doubt they would do away with the gesture... judging by the renders and how they don't have the bottom navigation bar nor the physical keys...

Celebrating 70th birthday of ROK 위대한 여정 새로운 도약
    08-09-15 03:07 AM
    Then I go to an iOS phone that has the apps first and best quality apps and leave BlackBerry and Android in the rear view mirror. Android apps are a work around and I'm not impressed with the quality of the apps compared to iOS. I deal with it because I like BB10. If BlackBerry goes full Android, then I just go to the best total solution which won't be Android based. Sorry but yet another transition for BlackBerry would be a huge mistake and I've been part of this painful BB10 transition and won't be part of a painful transition to Android.

Posted via Z30
    pttptppt and BoldPreza like this.
    08-09-15 07:34 AM