(1) Peek

(2) toast pop-up Reply feature "I like replying without even entering an app or even the hub"

(3) The share button (I know Android has its own version, but doesn't compare to BlackBerry 10)

(4) Swipe to wake/Minimize App

(5) File Manager

(6) Gallery (Don't look at me funny lol I have gotten use to it)

Can BlackBerry make these BlackBerry 10 features into downloadable BlackBerry Pri Apps?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    MobileTrekker likes this.
    11-18-15 08:48 PM
    Time to go to the iPhone. Maybe BlackBerry will add in these features at 2050.

вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵαssρσяτ SE via CB10 (cricket OS 10.3.2.2474) вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵяiv via CB for Android 2.0.3 (TMo OS Lollipop 5.1.1)
    11-18-15 08:53 PM
    (1) Peek

(2) toast pop-up Reply feature "I like replying without even entering an app or even the hub"

(3) The share button (I know Android has its own version, but doesn't compare to BlackBerry 10)

(5) File Manager

Can BlackBerry make these BlackBerry 10 features into downloadable BlackBerry Pri Apps?

1) Have you swiped left or right on the email to go to the ones before or after? Also, there's the edge, which you could take a quick look of incoming email from anywhere. Or the notifications - it shows you information.

2) Email notifications have buttons. There's reply all there.

3) You don't gut into the android OS for no good reason.

4) Have you try double tapping to wake the device? Also, the more customization you do, the more work there's to be done when it's time to update the OS

5) See the file manager thread. There's no reason to write yet another one when there's 50 million of them in the Play Store

6) What's wrong with Google Photos?

Please understand, BB10 apps are written against a different language, on a different framework, and it's basically a complete rewrite to get it on Android.
    ProjectBrett likes this.
    11-18-15 08:55 PM
    Time to go to the iPhone. Maybe BlackBerry will add in these features at 2050.

вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵαssρσяτ SE via CB10 (cricket OS 10.3.2.2474) вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵяiv via CB for Android 2.0.3 (TMo OS Lollipop 5.1.1)
    Did you miss the part that those features are actually from BlackBerry 10. The question was can BlackBerry turn those features into Android apps.

Camelhmpz and pomidor like this.
    11-18-15 09:00 PM
    Man TW1G_007, why don't you read what OP is saying. The problem is not BlackBerry, it's Android.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-15 09:00 PM
    1) Have you swiped left or right on the email to go to the ones before or after? Also, there's the edge, which you could take a quick look of incoming email from anywhere. Or the notifications - it shows you information.

2) Email notifications have buttons. There's reply all there.

3) You don't gut into the android OS for no good reason.

4) Have you try double tapping to wake the device? Also, the more customization you do, the more work there's to be done when it's time to update the OS

5) See the file manager thread. There's no reason to write yet another one when there's 50 million of them in the Play Store

6) What's wrong with Google Photos?

Please understand, BB10 apps are written against a different language, on a different framework, and it's basically a complete rewrite to get it on Android.
    1 Peek as in watching a video, playing a game, in a BBM chat, looking at pictures. The ability to peek into the hub from anywhere.

2 u can't reply from the home screen, can u?. It brings you into the app instead of typing and pushing send like BlackBerry 10

4 u mean knocking on my device? Ya it's stupid swipe is way more modern

5 File manager that controls box one drive Dropbox and both my laptop and desktop? Please share

6 privacy issues, Google reads my email why not target photos to see if u might be wearing Jordan's. U just never know what they are actually doing until they get exposed (not like that doesn't happen)

11-18-15 09:15 PM
    1 Peek as in watching a video, playing a game, in a BBM chat, looking at pictures. The ability to peek into the hub from anywhere.

2 u can't reply from the home screen, can u?. It brings you into the app instead of typing and pushing send like BlackBerry 10

5 File manager that controls box one drive Dropbox and both my laptop and desktop? Please share

6 privacy issues, Google reads my email why not target photos to see if u might be wearing Jordan's. U just never know what they are actually doing until they get exposed (not like that doesn't happen)

4) it's hardly a "knock"... A simple double tap wakes it. It's actually quite nifty. Also, with advanced interactions, you can set the phone to stay on when it's in your hand or when you flip it towards you.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on the Blackberry Priv
    11-18-15 09:40 PM
    (1) Peek

(5) File Manager

Definitely missing some of these features as well. Hoping they continue to add more BlackBerry-esque features. Same as every other hardware manufacturer does with their android phones.

HTC has swipe to wake so I see no reason why blackberry can't add it.

Also noticed:

- no separate notification customization for BBM groups.
    - if you type a word that gets auto corrected, in BB10 if you swiped back it would revert back to the word you typed. On Priv the gesture deletes the word. You have to use backspace instead.

It's a great device, just needs some tweets.

11-19-15 01:46 AM
    You can use the app swipe up utility to replicate the swipe up from the bezel to leave Apps. http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1049291
    gabbleratchet likes this.
    11-19-15 02:11 AM
    Without searching through the Play Store, I know there are a number of texting apps that have the option of pop-up windows for replying without entering the app. Then, there are also others that will allow you to reply from the notification shad without entering the app. I know everything on Android isn't bundled up together nicely like on BB, but the options are out there if you're willing to find them and take the time to set them up.

(5) File Manager
    Like others have pointed out, you should check out the ever-growing file manager thread. Hopefully, you can find something that works for you after it's set up. Most people will recommend ES File Explorer, Solid Explorer or File Manager by Asus. Personally, I used ES File Explorer for many years, but just recently switched over to Solid Explorer.

QuickPic is usually recommended, but it was recently sold to Cheetah Mobile, which has been known to have shady apps of its own in the past. A lot of people, including me, jumped ship when Cheetah Mobile bought QuickPic but there hasn't been any signs of wrongdoings, yet, and the same team is still running QuickPic, as far as I know. I switched over to Focus after QuickPic, but I just recently paid for the pro version of F-Stop Media Gallery, which I really like.
    11-19-15 07:41 AM

1. The productivity edge lets you do that. You could look at the emails in any app. No guarantees on what happens for videos though, that might pause it.

2. That's a limitation of the notifications in android more than anything. It will launch the email reply card, and you could reply from there.

4. You could say it's more modern, but again, the more BlackBerry deviates from the AOSP the more work they'll have to do at update time. So what problem do you want to have?

5. Again, spending that time and effort to integrate all of that is useless. What are they going to get out of doing that?

6. If that's the case, my suggestion is don't use a smartphone at all. Or find a Gallery app in google play.
    11-23-15 11:16 AM
    Found this app, seems decent if you want to swipe to quickly lock your device.

http://gs4.wonderhowto.com/how-to/lo...swipe-0156848/
    11-23-15 03:59 PM
    BB10 is dead and Android is in nothing we can do about it!

Posted via CB10
    11-23-15 04:29 PM
    1) Peek is still there. You have to use the productivity edge though. Just like peek on BB10, if you keep your finger on the screen, you can see your latest emails in addition to calendar events, tasks and contacts. When you swipe back, you will be back in the app that you were using before. The edge is on the right side by default, but you can move it to the left side as well. I think they put it on the right because the phone is 'too big', making the gesture awkward for most people.

Some apps like VLC are designed to go into full-screen mode and they will hide the home, previous and recents buttons as well as the productivity edge. If you tap the screen, the edge will re-appear and you can do the peek gesture as normal.
    11-23-15 05:42 PM
    I'm pretty sure you can reply in toast notifications for sms at least.

BlackBerry 10 was the same from what I remember - you could only reply to sms's on a toast.

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    11-23-15 05:57 PM