Egg and beer. And turkey.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-03-16 10:54 AM
    I wonder if ther will be QWERTZ variants as well? Because if not, that is a thing I would hate.
    04-03-16 04:17 PM
    Priv is not a mainstream product that targets the majority. It was designed to be a niche product targeting a niche population, the people who wants apps, keyboard and maybe security too, and don't mind getting less than cutting edge hardware and underperformed selfie camera. One thing it was meant to do but failed was the battery life.

So it's not really fair to compare it with other flagship phones to be honest.

But Priv is released as the flagship at a special time when BlackBerry hardware business's fate is about to be sealed. So the expectation on this phone is high.

If there was a mistake here, maybe BlackBerry should have released a mainstream product... an all touch Android phone, to compete head to head with Apple, Samsung, Huawei, LG and HTC. It will at least appeal to the majority population instead of the less than 1% of the keyboard lovers. Because even if you get 100% of the keyboard lover market share, it's probably going to be less than a million device a quarter. But if you get 2% of the all touch lovers, you probably are as fine as HTC, which will meet the sales target. And it will probably have room for an even larger battery and a decent selfie camera.

But who knows, maybe even that won't lead to a better result. Maybe those guys were right, it was too little too late.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    zodmode247 likes this.
    04-03-16 05:48 PM
    I dunno, I love my Priv , damn shame bb10 never received app support. By far the best OS ever. I really done care about the front facing camera ....I'm not narcissistic enough for selfies or goid looking enough for that matter
    FF22 likes this.
    04-04-16 01:52 AM
    I am sorry but I really had to make this post. I need people from blackberry to read this. I have been reading many posts and comments and videos about what went wrong with the Priv even though it was a great phone. First of all, I am a diehard blackberry fan and own a Priv, but what people need to understand that it was NOT a great phone. The biggest mistakes and unforgiven ones are simple the front facing Camera ( yes make fun about how you don't care about selfies). EVERYONE ELSE DOES. Stupid and unforgivable mistake from a company that is trying to turnaroud and should learn from past mistakes. Secondly, the quality (again, you can argue that ohh you're phone is perfect nothing wrong but most people weren't lucky). I had to replace my Priv two times, and the back is still not in place and cracks and annoys me. So very simple, the reason why it didnt do well is because it wasnt a great phone, not even a good phone compared to competition. And I know some comments will be oh well to each his opinion. NO, this is not an opinion but facts from people in 2015/2016 and how they want phones. Had to get that off my chest, people at Blackberry should've known better (the phone was always out of stock as well but still)

You kinda sorta had me up until the point you claimed your opinion is fact.
    04-04-16 10:18 AM
    The front camera is because of the slider as bigger sensors wont fit.

But there seems to be new tech now with camera humps I don't know the reason but Samsung used it on thier rear.

So hopefully priv 2 if there ever is one can get a 3 or 5 mega pixel camera

Posted via the Innovative Blackberry PRIV - Powered by Android
    04-04-16 10:27 AM
    If you're not attached to the physical keyboard, there's many good alternatives with Android. In fact that's one of the better parts of Android is you have a wide array of choices.

For me, I love the Priv. I need the PKB, and love having the app ecosystem and the BlackBerry suite of apps.

^^^^^^this!

04-04-16 03:10 PM
    I am sorry but I really had to make this post. I need people from blackberry to read this. I have been reading many posts and comments and videos about what went wrong with the Priv even though it was a great phone. First of all, I am a diehard blackberry fan and own a Priv, but what people need to understand that it was NOT a great phone. The biggest mistakes and unforgiven ones are simple the front facing Camera ( yes make fun about how you don't care about selfies). EVERYONE ELSE DOES. Stupid and unforgivable mistake from a company that is trying to turnaroud and should learn from past mistakes. Secondly, the quality (again, you can argue that ohh you're phone is perfect nothing wrong but most people weren't lucky). I had to replace my Priv two times, and the back is still not in place and cracks and annoys me. So very simple, the reason why it didnt do well is because it wasnt a great phone, not even a good phone compared to competition. And I know some comments will be oh well to each his opinion. NO, this is not an opinion but facts from people in 2015/2016 and how they want phones. Had to get that off my chest, people at Blackberry should've known better (the phone was always out of stock as well but still)

Bro i have not played with the device extensively but i must say it is not the best device for the average consumer. For me i want awesome cameras so the FFC was fail for me but i also want a keyboard and great battery life .... maybe with the PRIV 2 and i hope there is one they will use more metal and better construction improve on the camera and other stuff. For a first attempt i think its good if Samsung helps them out more than just the screen and edge stuff i think it could be a better phone in its second generation.
    04-04-16 04:00 PM
33 12