06-21-18 10:19 AM
34 12
tools
    With every OS or app update (I'm not sure) everything reverts back to its original state which means GPS will be on even though you turned it off initially.

And to your other question what is Google doing is quite simple. They are tracking your like no other oppressive regime on planet Earth. There's no mechanism to stop it unfortunately. They might persuade you that you are only one simple pixel in a picture and they don't care about you but they can for sure tell exact time when you changed the color and what color did you change to.

I'm not sure even if disabling Google apps will make any difference nor I'm sure if you can disable Google Play Services which does all the data collection
    06-18-18 06:59 AM
    With every OS or app update (I'm not sure) everything reverts back to its original state which means GPS will be on even though you turned it off initially.

And to your other question what is Google doing is quite simple. They are tracking your like no other oppressive regime on planet Earth. There's no mechanism to stop it unfortunately. They might persuade you that you are only one simple pixel in a picture and they don't care about you but they can for sure tell exact time when you changed the color and what color did you change to.

I'm not sure even if disabling Google apps will make any difference nor I'm sure if you can disable Google Play Services which does all the data collection
    Why does it matter anymore? Data collection is everything done around you. It’s everywhere around you even while you sleep. You’re a data point even when you’re not participating since everyone around you is participating.
    06-18-18 07:04 AM
    For the record: I don't care about Google data collection, I just wrote about disabling the app to prevent it occupying RAM and consuming battery and/or mobile data. What the app or other apps by Google do or don't collect is a totally different matter.
    06-18-18 01:53 PM
    If I could uninstall it I would. I don't see any option for that in the priv. I just have it disabled
    Yes, disabled is what I meant.
    06-18-18 05:11 PM
    I deleted good service from my phone lol I can't voice text but who cares
    06-18-18 06:38 PM
    Google * I have it disabled n honestly don't know the difference
    06-18-18 09:29 PM
    Why does it matter anymore? Data collection is everything done around you. It’s everywhere around you even while you sleep. You’re a data point even when you’re not participating since everyone around you is participating.
    Oh it would matter to you in a heartbeat as soon as circumstances line up.
    06-19-18 07:48 AM
    For the record: I don't care about Google data collection, I just wrote about disabling the app to prevent it occupying RAM and consuming battery and/or mobile data. What the app or other apps by Google do or don't collect is a totally different matter.
    Your battery and RAM is occupied by data collection process. It's simple as that.
    06-19-18 07:49 AM
    Your battery and RAM is occupied by data collection process. It's simple as that.
    OK then I can amend my post: I am only interested in this data collection issue if some apps I DO NOT USE (like Google app itself, Google Play Music/Games/Movies/etc, as opposed to those G-things I actually use, like youtube, gmail, maps, whatever) use up my batt and RAM for this purpose. But only because of this.
    The OP was talking about the Google app consuming absurd amount of batt life in his/her phone. This was I reacted to.
    06-21-18 10:19 AM
34 12