Today I didn't open google nor opened my location but apparently it's been using the gps all day! I didn't even open the app so why would it take so much battery and use my location
    Attached Thumbnails what is google doing!?-19006.jpg  
    06-14-18 03:12 PM
    Today I didn't open google nor opened my location but apparently it's been using the gps all day! I didn't even open the app so why would it take so much battery and use my location
    Attached Thumbnails what is google doing!?-19005.jpg  
    06-14-18 03:14 PM
    It's getting worse
    Attached Thumbnails what is google doing!?-19007.jpg  
    06-14-18 05:32 PM
    restart the phone....
    06-14-18 06:36 PM
    Restarting changed nothing
    06-14-18 07:51 PM
    Restrict some of that stuff. Google doesn't need to access GPS, nor does it really need to access cellular in the background.
    Gigolo69 likes this.
    06-14-18 08:56 PM
    have you turned off permissions for google app?
    06-14-18 08:57 PM
    I was convinced they were turned off, but I guess I didn't play with the permissions
    06-15-18 05:44 AM
    Disable all that stuff. I try to use Google as little as possible. Brave browser and duckduckgo search engine. Haven't looked back. I literally have Google app disabled
    06-15-18 10:00 PM
    I had the same issue for Google Maps one day. I turned on location for it, then after I used it, I turned off location, as I normally do. I also closed Google Maps. the next day, I see that Google maps used the majority of my battery. I had not even used it that day, it also showed Google Maps had been using GPS all day, and location was turned off. it drained my battery very quickly. I deleted Google Maps. I rarely used it anyway.
    06-16-18 01:06 AM
    Get OsmAnd for your mapping needs! Ditch the Google as much as you can
    06-16-18 01:10 AM
    Yeah, I'm also buying a BlackBerry Q5 for 50can$ just to try bb10 while it lasts, I once owned a z10 so I know the down sides. However I also know the good side

It's incredible how Google really tracks everything we do, the lack of privacy is real with Android. But I still love my Priv....

Posted via CB10
    06-16-18 08:21 AM
    Don't know about the BB Android devices but on a regular Android phone (like my own) the Google app can be disabled. I use many Google services and even so I didn't feel the absence of that app.
    06-16-18 09:14 AM
    I've disabled that main Google app on my S8. Everything else still works, including Maps and the Play Store, so other than the home-screen search (which I also don't use so it's gone too), I don't know what else it's there for.
    06-16-18 09:16 AM
    I'm pretty sure this is because of the most recent update to the Google app. It did the same thing to me, so I uninstalled all updates and it stopped.
    06-16-18 09:38 AM
    Yeah, I'm also buying a BlackBerry Q5 for 50can$ just to try bb10 while it lasts, I once owned a z10 so I know the down sides. However I also know the good side

It's incredible how Google really tracks everything we do, the lack of privacy is real with Android. But I still love my Priv....

Posted via CB10
    It is fairly easy to limit their tracking. When I log into the account I use for the phone, on the computer and check, Google shows no information on me.
    06-16-18 12:43 PM
    It is fairly easy to limit their tracking. When I log into the account I use for the phone, on the computer and check, Google shows no information on me.
    You might have turned your history off, but that doesn't mean they don't know... they just don't show you.
    06-16-18 05:03 PM
    You might have turned your history off, but that doesn't mean they don't know... they just don't show you.
    Nope, I use different email addresses for different things. Google has its own. I sync nothing with Google, I use different browsers for different things, do not allow cookies for a lot of things, and run a custom host file that blocks much of Google tracking. Google has never shown any activity on my account when I look in and look at it. History is not turned off.

I use their Android, and of course they will have some info on my, but as for activity, with the account I use for my phone it shows none, and always has.
    06-16-18 11:28 PM
    Nope, I use different email addresses for different things. Google has its own. I sync nothing with Google, I use different browsers for different things, do not allow cookies for a lot of things, and run a custom host file that blocks much of Google tracking. Google has never shown any activity on my account when I look in and look at it. History is not turned off.

I use their Android, and of course they will have some info on my, but as for activity, with the account I use for my phone it shows none, and always has.
    How have u managed to get around google/YouTube connections?
    06-17-18 12:55 AM
    Just disable Google app
    PHughes likes this.
    06-17-18 03:03 AM
    How have u managed to get around google/YouTube connections?
    I don't know really. I don't really use the Youtube app. I have watched some YouTube videos if someone has sent me a link, but I have never signed in to watch them, and don't use Chrome. For things I have to use YouTube for, for work, I have another account.

I am well aware that they know things about me, but overall I keep the footprint low.
    06-17-18 10:15 PM
    I don't know really. I don't really use the Youtube app. I have watched some YouTube videos if someone has sent me a link, but I have never signed in to watch them, and don't use Chrome. For things I have to use YouTube for, for work, I have another account.

I am well aware that they know things about me, but overall I keep the footprint low.
    Yeah. Me too. Try to keep it as low as I can but I am a YouTube user
    I been using this as of late. Vanced youtube black. Works perfect. Choose the non rooted version and install micro G if u want to log into your account but u dont need to if u don't plan on using ur account for it to work.

https://vanced.azurewebsites.net
    PHughes likes this.
    06-17-18 10:19 PM
    Yeah. Me too. Try to keep it as low as I can but I am a YouTube user
    I been using this as of late. Vanced youtube black. Works perfect. Choose the non rooted version and install micro G if u want to log into your account but u dont need to if u don't plan on using ur account for it to work.

https://vanced.azurewebsites.net
    Thanks
    06-17-18 10:22 PM
    Uninstall the Google app. I finally did it on my KeyOne and wow is this phone really amazing without it.

After removing all Google apps except the play store, and tuning down app permissions, I now get 4 days of battery life between charges.
    06-17-18 10:46 PM
    Uninstall the Google app. I finally did it on my KeyOne and wow is this phone really amazing without it.

After removing all Google apps except the play store, and tuning down app permissions, I now get 4 days of battery life between charges.
    If I could uninstall it I would. I don't see any option for that in the priv. I just have it disabled
    06-18-18 04:43 AM
34 12