Something I think nobody has discussed (gasp!) is what freebies are in the box? I don't mean physical freebies but a lot of android phones come with software freebies - my G4 had six months evernote and 200gb of google drive storage. Others have had free dropbox storage or spotify.

So what's in the box?
    11-04-15 01:02 AM
    From I've heard in the AMA, nothing is included, not even "free" business apps like a good office suite, so you'll have to get your own or rely on the pre-installed Google Docs.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 01:10 AM
    That's a bummer since Samsung and HTC phones would offer drop box with extra storage for a whole year. No big deal though.
    11-04-15 01:53 AM
    That's a bummer since Samsung and HTC phones would offer drop box with extra storage for a whole year. No big deal though.
    Cloud storage is security, data plan, and offline nightmare.
    11-04-15 02:28 AM
    If that's a freebie then it's a freebie I am almost sure I wouldn't use. Drop Box is showing its age and lack of compatibility across the board to the likes of Google Drive and Microsoft's One Drive.

 вιaсĸвεггч ᕵαssρσяτ SE via CB10 (AT&T OS 10.3.2.2474)
    11-04-15 02:30 AM
    If that's a freebie then it's a freebie I am almost sure I wouldn't use. Drop Box is showing its age and lack of compatibility across the board to the likes of Google Drive and Microsoft's One Drive.

 вιaсĸвεггч ᕵαssρσяτ SE via CB10 (AT&T OS 10.3.2.2474)
    Although the thread is not about dropbox or any one particular product - not sure what you mean? Works fine with office - so for example on mobile I can directly open dropbox files in word in the word app. Moreover as an academic, Dropbox has already won the sector - I've never had a partner want to use onedrive to share anything.. (even though significant numbers of academics have free onedrive accounts via work...)

I actually have a onedrive sub but its completely unreliable - something that Microsoft themselves have admitted they have struggled with.

Cloud storage is security, data plan, and offline nightmare.
    Again this is a side issue but you raise an interesting point - I notice that crackberry has an unusually large number of people here who still seem to be syncing stuff directly to the desktop - given that King Google doesn't want that and is uninterested in that, I have to wonder if BBRY will start to deprecate its software in those areas.

As for data plan nightmare, thankfully I live in a country where unlimited data is dirt cheap.
    11-04-15 02:43 AM
    Again this is a side issue but you raise an interesting point - I notice that crackberry has an unusually large number of people here who still seem to be syncing stuff directly to the desktop - given that King Google doesn't want that and is uninterested in that, I have to wonder if BBRY will start to deprecate its software in those areas.

As for data plan nightmare, thankfully I live in a country where unlimited data is dirt cheap.
    I don't want to hijack this thread into a discussion about that but I am definitely one of those users. If BlackBerry wanted to start charging for a software service, they should expand Blend into a unified file manager that works with your mobile device, SD card, desktop, and whatever external hard drive you have hooked up to said desktop; providing users with access to all of their files from any device. As far as Privacy is concerned, that is my biggest "concern" as to where all of my files are stored. I want to have them on a physical drive in my posession - not floating around in a 'cloud' somewhere. This is actually now the one deal breaker for my decision on whether or not to go with the Priv.

To get back on topic: I would pay for such a service. And, if BlackBerry was to bring that to Android, it seems incredibly logical to provide Priv customers with a "free" or "trial" subscription to that service. That'd be nice anyway.
    cgk likes this.
    11-04-15 02:56 AM
    A standard hard shell would be nice. :-)

Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 02:57 AM