Like the title says... Exchange Services is at 85% of my battery usage and if I don't leave this thing plugged in, it goes from full charge to shutting off in less than 10 hours without being touched or used in any way...
    12-02-15 04:23 PM
    Nothing?
    12-02-15 06:29 PM
    Typically corporate emails. Did you just add an email? If you have lots of contacts and email to sync, it will consume your battery until it's done

Posted via CB10
    12-02-15 06:37 PM
    Posting on XDA in the Priv subforum would get you more help since thwres likely more members with Android experience. I don't use any Exchange-based emails but that's what's killing your battery. Plenty of people on Android use Exchange though so maybe it's just whatever email app you're using. Maybe it's the Hub. Hard for me to help you any further since I've used neither, sorry.
    12-02-15 06:38 PM
    What server?

I run my email over Exchange and have had zero trouble with the Priv.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-02-15 06:43 PM
    I'm just using the Hub... and I have two MSN Email accounts on my phone... so basically Hotmail...

This is something new that only started happening about 5 days ago... the only correlation is one of my MSN email addresses needed the password reset so I did that... and I've updated it in the Account Settings on the PRIV... and my email is coming through... but damn, I can practically watch the battery drain if I unplug it and it's all Exchange Services...
    12-02-15 06:47 PM
    For the third time today I just saw Authentication Error for one of my MSN accounts... one that still receives email just fine... I'm going to delete both accounts and reload them on...
    12-02-15 06:50 PM
    Re-added both Hotmail accounts... and after sync'ing email etc, the same one gave me a notification that there was an Authentication Error... but when I clicked on it to bring it up, it just disappears...

I'm starting to hate this phone...
    12-02-15 06:58 PM
    Left my phone alone for the last 2 hours... nothing running, no apps in the back ground, fresh off a reboot.... from 100% down to 79% in exactly 2 hours... which is why it won't last a full 10 hours in stand by mode... and still, Exchange Services is taking up all the battery...

If I could get out of this contract and owning this phone, I'd gladly go back to my Z30
    12-02-15 09:05 PM
    Might be hotmail's issue bro, this happened before even on bb10.

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    12-02-15 09:22 PM
    That sounds like suckmail, not the phone.

12-02-15 09:23 PM
    Really? I've never had an issue with Hotmail... and it just started around 5 days ago... when I first got the PRIV, the battery would last all day on stand by... and when I monitored the battery usage, Exchange Services was never even listed before...

Might be another reason to be done with this phone...
    12-02-15 10:23 PM
    Really? I've never had an issue with Hotmail... and it just started around 5 days ago... when I first got the PRIV, the battery would last all day on stand by... and when I monitored the battery usage, Exchange Services was never even listed before...

Might be another reason to be done with this phone...
    Where are you seeing exchange services mentioned as draining the battery? Can you post a screen cap?
    12-02-15 10:44 PM
    When my phone died this morning, I checked the battery app inside the Settings feature.. it showed Exchange Services using 85% of the battery...

12-02-15 10:53 PM
    When my phone died this morning, I checked the battery app inside the Settings feature.. it showed Exchange Services using 85% of the battery...

http://i68.tinypic.com/29ff0xe.png
    Thank you. I actually don't believe thats a part of Hub though. I'd suggest disabling it. You shouldn't see any impact to your Hub sync. If you do you can always re-enable quickly enough. Pretty sure it's a Google extension for exchange support in Gmail.

Have you ever setup other email accounts in Gmail?
    gizmo21 likes this.
    12-02-15 11:12 PM
    I did set up my gmail account because it asked for it for Google related stuff... but I don't actually use the email address for anything...

I'm going to try disabling it now and see if email still sync's etc...
    12-02-15 11:18 PM
    Btw, thanks for replying... I really appreciate the help
    12-02-15 11:24 PM
    Doing a quick Google search for Android Exchange Services I can see a number of different Android device users reporting similar problems on other devices. You shouldn't see a problem with Hub on disable.
    gizmo21 and BigAl_BB9900 like this.
    12-02-15 11:25 PM
    Since disabling Exchange Services, I tested battery life out... in stand by mode it dropped to 99% after 1 hour... I'll leave it unplugged all night and see how it does in the morning...
    12-03-15 01:43 AM
    You'd be much better off posting this on an Android forum. CB users a quick to want to help, but people seem to have a hard time realizing that the Priv isn't a BlackBerry, it's an Android device.

 PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639 
    12-03-15 01:49 AM
    Interesting. I've never had issues on BB10 with my outlook account so I'm hoping it stays that way when I move to the priv...

If disabling doesn't resolve your issue you might want to contact BlackBerry with a bug. They seem very responsive and will work with you to pinpoint the bug so they can have it fixed in the next update.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-15 01:57 AM
    How about using the Outlook app for your email and disabling the hub as it as been reported many times as draining the battery.

12-03-15 03:48 AM
    Someone from BlackBerry happens to be in this thread...
    12-03-15 06:09 AM
    How often do you have the EMAIL set to "sync" the actual intervals? I would only recommend it being every 30mins. If you have it any shorter amount of time it will constantly try to sync your email. In turn draining your battery.
    12-03-15 11:03 AM
    How about using the Outlook app for your email and disabling the hub as it as been reported many times as draining the battery.

This isn't a Hub bug It's a Google plugin for the Gmail app.
    12-03-15 12:36 PM
32 12