I'm still trying to wrap my head around the "Sync Interval" function for a GMail account in the Hub.

Since GMail is "push", why would there need to be a "Sync Interval" option at all? Everything seems to work when the "Sync Interval" option is set to "Never".

Thoughts?
    06-16-16 07:14 AM
    perhaps setting the intervals is what some people want gmail to do, so they actually put it into "polling mode" at the set interval instead of real time push? not sure why or what the purpose of that would be because push email is designed with efficiency in mind, to prevent constant polling - so, that's a good question
    06-16-16 04:10 PM
    It was explained by the BlackBerry rep that using a sync interval of 5 minutes is a good idea, and uses very little battery. Sometimes the server or device can get stuck, and the only way to kick it back is to have a manual poll.
    Matt J likes this.
    06-16-16 04:50 PM
    Google mail gets delivered to phone instantly no matter what your sync interval is set to. Here are a few things sync interval effects.

You read an e-mail on your computer. It could take as long as your sync interval to be marked as read on your phone.

You save a "draft" email on your phone, it could take as long as you sync interval to be visible from a Web browser on your PC.

You add a gmail contact on your phone it could take as long as your sync interval before that contact info reaches the cloud.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Matt J likes this.
    06-16-16 11:06 PM