The stock google one sucks.. Need something with IMAP. The HUB doesnt support IMAP? What the heck?
    11-06-15 10:58 PM
    Weird, I added a Fastmail (i.e. IMAP) account and it's working...
    11-06-15 11:10 PM
    Try Outlook. It's fantastic!
    11-06-15 11:14 PM
    Imap should work it pulls on Android where EAS pushes
    11-06-15 11:15 PM
    When you receive email from a new contact with outlook, how do you add this contact to your contact list?
    11-07-15 12:45 AM
    I am also too anxious to know experience of adding new email accounts. Is it not same email system as in BB10? does it mean no "forever" option for emails.
    11-07-15 01:22 AM
    Can younot connect Gmail on hub mail?, and get instant mail, you can do that on BB10.

As far as I am aware, Gmail supports imap.
    11-07-15 05:36 AM
    Can younot connect Gmail on hub mail?, and get instant mail, you can do that on BB10.

As far as I am aware, Gmail supports imap.
    Hub absolutely supports IMAP accounts. You have the ability to sync forever as well for IMAP.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    qwerty4ever likes this.
    11-07-15 11:00 PM
    is there any limit as to how many emails are synced? My note 4 had this issue where there is only 5000 limit. Lucky they fixed that in the note 5, but even with 5.1.1 samsung's native email limits you to 5000 display...
    11-07-15 11:02 PM
    is there any limit as to how many emails are synced? My note 4 had this issue where there is only 5000 limit. Lucky they fixed that in the note 5, but even with 5.1.1 samsung's native email limits you to 5000 display...
    There should not be a limit.
    11-07-15 11:41 PM
    Hub absolutely supports IMAP accounts. You have the ability to sync forever as well for IMAP.

But how to make Gmail be automatic like Outlook account account. Push versus pull sync? In Hub and not Gmail app?

posted from my Priv!
    11-07-15 11:42 PM
    But how to make Gmail be automatic like Outlook account account. Push versus pull sync? In Hub and not Gmail app?

posted from my Priv!
    Make sure you've updated the Hub to the latest version available in Google Play. Then go into Hub and add your Gmail account. During the account setup enable the "use push if supported" toggle/check box.
    11-07-15 11:54 PM
    Use bluemail .. it's a great email client, or for exchange spesific, use nine email client
    11-08-15 03:32 AM
    I brought the PRIV specifically because it has the Hub, I don�t even know why would people download and use other email client when you have such powerful tool as the hub.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 03:37 AM
    Hi there.

Like you, I gave the Priv a shot because it has the Hub. Been a user of the Q10, Z30 and Passport prior to the Hub. And as far as emails are concerned, the Hub in BB10 was perfect for my needs.

However, there is a nagging issue with the way the Hub in the Priv handles email. When you open an email in the Hub of the Priv, the contents do not word wrap to the screen no matter how you zoom into or out of the message. Thus, I always had to swipe sideways just to read through emails. And that is not fun. In BB10, when I open an email, the contents are automatically laid out such that the contents fit the screen, and if I zoom in the email body, the words adjust to the screen automatically such that only vertical scrolling is required.

That issue has really degraded my email experience with the Hub of the Priv. And like the OP, am currently hunting for a very good email client—I heard the Outlook app is great but haven't got to test it yet.

Then again, I have been searching through the internet to find a solution to my issue with the Hub since I really dislike the idea of relying on a third party app just for email. If the Hub in the Priv is hopeless, then am strongly considering switching back to BB10 where communications is indeed a priority.

Just my two cents.
    12-30-15 05:28 AM
    The best one was Mailbox, but dropbox recently discontinued that one. I guess the second best is outlook, but it's a bit controversial as Microsoft apparently caches your account password
    12-30-15 05:59 AM
    The best one was Mailbox, but dropbox recently discontinued that one. I guess the second best is outlook, but it's a bit controversial as Microsoft apparently caches your account password
    Another potential just struck off the list. :-(

12-30-15 06:10 AM
    Hi there.

Like you, I gave the Priv a shot because it has the Hub. Been a user of the Q10, Z30 and Passport prior to the Hub. And as far as emails are concerned, the Hub in BB10 was perfect for my needs.

However, there is a nagging issue with the way the Hub in the Priv handles email. When you open an email in the Hub of the Priv, the contents do not word wrap to the screen no matter how you zoom into or out of the message. Thus, I always had to swipe sideways just to read through emails. And that is not fun. In BB10, when I open an email, the contents are automatically laid out such that the contents fit the screen, and if I zoom in the email body, the words adjust to the screen automatically such that only vertical scrolling is required.

That issue has really degraded my email experience with the Hub of the Priv. And like the OP, am currently hunting for a very good email client—I heard the Outlook app is great but haven't got to test it yet.

Just my two cents.
    I had this problem, but it's magically gone away after the latest flurry of updates. I'm not sure what caused it but it seemed like you could get it to on occasion format correctly, but the vast majority of the time it was just a large blob interspersed with ">" characters.

I'm using Hub exclusively, fully updated, and it seems to be working fine. Gmail and Yahoo accounts.
    12-30-15 10:38 AM
    The stock google one sucks.. Need something with IMAP. The HUB doesnt support IMAP? What the heck?
    Blackberry Hub supports IMAP so stop lying like a cheap Persian knock-off rug.

BlackBerry Priv with CrackBerry App for Android
    BB_Junky likes this.
    12-30-15 01:04 PM
    Imap should work it pulls on Android where EAS pushes
    My IMAP account is push because as soon as an email hits the inbox it appears on my BlackBerry Priv within 5 seconds usually less.

BlackBerry Priv with CrackBerry App for Android
    12-30-15 01:06 PM
    I had this problem, but it's magically gone away after the latest flurry of updates. I'm not sure what caused it but it seemed like you could get it to on occasion format correctly, but the vast majority of the time it was just a large blob interspersed with ">" characters.

I'm using Hub exclusively, fully updated, and it seems to be working fine. Gmail and Yahoo accounts.

Have already updated everything in the device (i.e Google apps and BlackBerry apps) and email still behaves that way in the Hub. However, am still to experience what you described as the email being populated with the '>'.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-15 06:11 PM

Oh, and yes, am using the Hub exclusively for email. Disabled the default Gmail app as it's useless for me.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-15 06:12 PM
    I'm using the Hub with an outlook.com and work MS Exchange email.

I've also used the outlook app, IMO it's very good.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on Priv.
    12-30-15 06:39 PM
    Oh, and yes, am using the Hub exclusively for email. Disabled the default Gmail app as it's useless for me.

Posted via CB10
    How does one do this?
    12-30-15 06:41 PM
    I'm just using the stock Gmail client. BlackBerry Hub is watered down on android and entirely unsatisfactory.

How does one do this?
    Tap and hold on GMail, drag it to the top right on the default homescreen to disable.
    WT44 likes this.
    12-30-15 07:04 PM
44 12