I commented on Bla1ze�s �5 reasons BB10 is better than Android� article� Made me think about the BB10 specific features that I appreciate and would like to see on Android (but not there yet). Curious to hear what others would like to see. Here�s my wishlist:

1. A File Manager with Remote File Access (and WIFI access when not plugged in).
    2. BlackBerry Blend
    3. BlackBerry Browser � based on AOSP, but move location and tabs to bottom like BB10.
    4. Hub Widget � Full screen to at least simulate the Hub on BB10, with Dark Theme (AMOLED)
    5. Bedside Mode
    05-12-16 06:46 PM
    FYI, Solid Explorer can access any computer in my house via wifi. It also has ftp and webdav support.

I do miss Blend. Pretty much the only thing I miss.

You can replicate bedside mode if you set daydream to display the clock, and switch to priority mode.
    05-12-16 06:49 PM
    Travel

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-12-16 06:56 PM
    FYI, Solid Explorer can access any computer in my house via wifi.
    Thanks! I like ZenUI from Asus which is great at accessing the Network from my device, and it's nice and simple. I'll have to check out Solid Explorer as well, I've heard it mentioned a few times and certainly trust your opinion.

What I like about BB's File Manager is that it just appears in File Explorer on my desktop as a drive letter without any configuration.
    05-12-16 06:58 PM
    Travel

I think BB Travel is essentially a customized version of WorldMate which is already available on Android. I honestly don't use it much as I don't travel often, but are there features on BB's version that are unique?
    05-12-16 06:59 PM
    I think BB Travel is essentially a customized version of WorldMate which is already available on Android. I honestly don't use it much as I don't travel often, but are there features on BB's version that are unique?
    You have to pay for flight monitoring on Worldmate, which was free on BlackBerry Travel. Although Google Now more than makes up for it - you get monitoring, boarding passes, and other info.
    05-12-16 07:04 PM

You can replicate bedside mode if you set daydream to display the clock, and switch to priority mode.
    Here's hopin' they're working on Blend, lol. I use AirDroid but it's not the same. Know about Daydream mode, maybe BlackBerry can just Tweak that a bit, and add a Quick Setting that looks just like it does on BB10. Just something about it I like.
    tg1 likes this.
    05-12-16 07:05 PM
    Thanks! I like ZenUI from Asus which is great at accessing the Network from my device, and it's nice and simple. I'll have to check out Solid Explorer as well, I've heard it mentioned a few times and certainly trust your opinion.

What I like about BB's File Manager is that it just appears in File Explorer on my desktop as a drive letter without any configuration.
    You mean when you plug it in? If so, that isn't the file manager, just the protocol (MTP vs whatever thing BB came up with).
    05-12-16 07:06 PM
    You have to pay for flight monitoring on Worldmate, which was free on BlackBerry Travel. Although Google Now more than makes up for it - you get monitoring, boarding passes, and other info.
    So not really worth the effort, and who knows if there's licensing involved with Worldmate, like the BB VKB / Swiftkey.
    05-12-16 07:07 PM
    You mean when you plug it in? If so, that isn't the file manager, just the protocol (MTP vs whatever thing BB came up with).
    When I plug it in or just on Wifi, no usb. Hmmmm, it's been a while, is that because of Link for Wifi? In which case, I'd like to add Link, haha. Actually, thinking on it, there are some useful features in Link as well. Backing up your phone locally is hit / miss on Android depending on OEM.
    05-12-16 07:10 PM
    When I plug it in or just on Wifi, no usb. Hmmmm, it's been a while, is that because of Link for Wifi? In which case, I'd like to add Link, haha. Actually, thinking on it, there are some useful features in Link as well. Backing up your phone locally is hit / miss on Android depending on OEM.
    It's Link. For some reason BB decided to use some sort of network drive mapping instead of MTP when accessing PlayBook/BB10 storage.
    05-12-16 07:32 PM
    FYI, Solid Explorer can access any computer in my house via wifi. It also has ftp and webdav support.

And a free alternative would either be the Classic version, or File Expert.
    05-12-16 07:35 PM
    Link style backups. Especially how Notes and Tasks does NOT work with any backup solution at the moment including Google Drive.
    05-12-16 07:36 PM
    Yeah, WorldMate. And the only thing they did was a special backend for notifications. Plus, you know, it was free vs. Worldmate on Android.
    05-12-16 07:38 PM
    It's Link. For some reason BB decided to use some sort of network drive mapping instead of MTP when accessing PlayBook/BB10 storage.
    Works for me. It's handy as I prefer to charge through an outlet (faster) and I don't have to worry about plugging it into my computer if I want to move things over. I'm personally not aware of anything similar on Android beyond AirDroid?
    05-12-16 07:42 PM
    Yeah, WorldMate. And the only thing they did was a special backend for notifications. Plus, you know, it was free vs. Worldmate on Android.
    I guess like the Remember integration with Evernote which doesn't seem to be present in the Priv either? I just use Evernote personally but I guess the advantage to Remember is that it works offline?
    05-12-16 07:47 PM
    Link style backups. Especially how Notes and Tasks does NOT work with any backup solution at the moment including Google Drive.
    Yeah, nothing beats having a local backup of everything just in case, imho.
    05-12-16 07:53 PM
    Yeah, nothing beats having a local backup of everything just in case, imho.
    They could implement it if they so wished. That's what Helium Backup is, a front end for native full backups via adb.
    05-12-16 08:05 PM
    Ya truly miss BB Travel too, worked seamlessly, whereas the Android WorldMate has many limitations even though you pay for it. I actually switched over to TripCase, it's free and offers many advantages over Worldmate.

Posted from my BB PRIV via CrackBerry for Android
    05-12-16 08:06 PM
    They could implement it if they so wished. That's what Helium Backup is, a front end for native full backups via adb.
    I've heard of Helium recently, I'll have to check that out. I guess it requires USB Debugging turned on in Dev Options?
    05-12-16 08:53 PM
    I've heard of Helium recently, I'll have to check that out. I guess it requires USB Debugging turned on in Dev Options?
    Think so, since it's ADB.

However I hadn't had any luck with it. While it can detect it, the backup just gets stuck there.
    05-12-16 09:00 PM
    Think so, since it's ADB.

However I hadn't had any luck with it. While it can detect it, the backup just gets stuck there.
    And you've downloaded and installed BlackBerry's USB drivers from the site and can see it in Explorer (assuming you're on Windows). Is it looking for an RSA Trust key to continue do you know?
    05-12-16 09:04 PM
    And you've downloaded and installed BlackBerry's USB drivers from the site and can see it in Explorer (assuming you're on Windows). Is it looking for an RSA Trust key to continue do you know?
    Not sure about the RSA and passwords, but yes I had the drivers, otherwise it didn't even detect it. I had to hack around and replace adb.exe as well since the bundled copy didn't recognize the Priv.
    05-12-16 09:07 PM

Do I have to have the premium version to do this? I can't seem to see my wifi devices..

05-12-16 09:14 PM
    Not sure about the RSA and passwords, but yes I had the drivers, otherwise it didn't even detect it. I had to hack around and replace adb.exe as well since the bundled copy didn't recognize the Priv.
    Could be you have multiple instances of adb especially if you've had other Android devices and it's conflicting. My guess is that for something like Helium for backup it wants to verify that you Trust the computer if I recall correctly via USB Debugging. It's been a while since I had to configure that personally so I'm not 100% sure unfortunately. But I'm sure you shouldn't need a password unless that's app specific for Helium.

I've had a similar issue in the past when rooting devices where ADB hangs, and I'm pretty sure it's because of multiple instances of the program.
    05-12-16 09:15 PM
85 123 ...