John Chen said "if I can secure android, I'll make an android phone"

Cb forums are full of "android won't be secure threads"

Of course BlackBerry and security go hand in hand...

But I'm not sure why. What do people mean when they talk "security " on a device like a phone? My neighbor reading my texts? Work snooping on my browse history? government stealing my purchase records? Wife finding my Ashlee Madison account?

What effectively is it that people mean? Which of the above scenarios can a BlackBerry Protect against?

Not trolling. Just an honest question I've thought about since the Priv announcement.

Fwiw, I've gone BlackBerry since about 4 years now. 8300 to 9700 to 9810 to z10 so maybe I'm missing something on the competition..?

Posted via CB10
    thinkinfinity likes this.
    10-02-15 03:31 PM
    It's actually a great question and something I've wondered myself. The reality is that BB10 is no more secure than any other platforms out there right now. Maybe they were way ahead of the game in 2005, but not so much in 2015. Everybody has caught up.

While I use and love my Passport, I'm not convinced it does security any better than iOS or Android. The military approved both iOS and Android (with Knox) for secure transactions in 2013 and they are both FIPS 140-02 certified for low level secure transactions with federal agencies (same security rating as BB10) so I think they are all pretty much on the same footing now.

iPhones, iPads cleared for U.S. military use; DOD fortifies cloud | ZDNet
    10-02-15 04:11 PM
    Thanks for the information...I'm gonna read up on this FIPS rating to find out what it means.

Posted via CB10
    Techno-guy likes this.
    10-03-15 06:36 AM