The first thought which came to my mind is "I will wait for BlackBerry to die and buy the Priv cheap" I don't know why but again it's just my opinion.

I was expecting it to be priced around 600$. When I saw the 750$ price tag, I decided not to buy it. I don't want to pay a premium for a device which might be BlackBerry's hit or miss :|.

I know some of you will be furious about my opinion but I really don't want BlackBerry to die. I want them to innovate and succeed like the fruit company.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-15 10:12 PM
    I'm not sure if the leaked price was just a placeholder, the price it will be after a promotion ends, or the launch price.

In Canada, ShopBlackberry briefly listed the Priv at $949 CDN, yet Rogers (carrier) is selling it here for $799 CDN.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    thecurryman likes this.
    10-22-15 10:16 PM
    why am I not seeing any pricing from shop BB on the net?....people seems to see them almost all over...
    10-22-15 10:21 PM
    why am I not seeing any pricing from shop BB on the net?....people seems to see them almost all over...
    They were posted by accident apparently, and then quickly taken down.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    Alain_A likes this.
    10-22-15 10:26 PM
    I thought "finally...premium pricing"!. Blackberry doesn't want to have the image of a discount handset supplier.. there are too many companies competing for the low-mid range market for android handsets. Blackberry's strategy seems to be to sell less quantities of high-margin premium phones rather than more quantities of budget devices. Plus it seeds the image that in 2015 people are paying almost $1000 CAD for a blackberry.... bringing the perception of "premium" back to the brand.
    10-22-15 10:30 PM
    What did you think when you heard about the PRIV pricing in Shopblackberry?-img_20151022_013101.png
    What did you think when you heard about the PRIV pricing in Shopblackberry?-img_20151022_013110.png
    What did you think when you heard about the PRIV pricing in Shopblackberry?-img_20151022_013124.png

Screenshots of what was posted on shop BlackBerry Canada yesterday

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    10-22-15 10:38 PM
    Seems high to me but still waiting for official price on and off contract across all carriers.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-15 10:57 PM
    I just dont understand how a canadian carrier is selling for $799 CAD (around $610 USD) yet the shop blackberry was set to $949CAD/$750 USD...either that was a mistake or they want you to buy from the carriers

Either way doesn't matter. What people dont understand on these forums, reddit, or really any online community is the average person doesn't care the off contract price. When they walk in the door to whatever carrier they subscribe to, all they do is ask the rep for a good phone or look around to see what they like. If the carriers have posters or signs of the Priv, then people will be intrigued since its a different form factor than what they're used to (also thanks samsung for marketing how curved screens are better than flat ones). Every AT&T rep I've talked to loved the keyboard (PKB) and hub of bb10 phones...they just didn't like the app situation and thats what they told potential customers. Now that there is no app barrier and its still got the PKB, i think people will be very interested. In the US at least, a Priv at $750 (i doubt), has the same monthly AT&T next cost as the note 5, or edge plus or iPhone 6+....so lets just wait and see how the official pricing pans out and when the official US launch is.

Also canadians...if its $799 on rogers (and from other threads telus as well) then why not just buy outright from them....?
    10-22-15 11:59 PM