Taking into account not to use the device always and not to download any programs on it
    01-12-18 12:43 AM
    In simple terms, it's CPU overload. I'm equally keen to know the technicalities.
    01-12-18 12:54 AM
    The processor used in the PRIV heats up when you use it hard. It's that simple.

For daily use there are a number of things that can be done to reduce that tendency, but it will ALWAYS get hot when updating apps, especially if you are updating multiple ones. Just do that at night instead of when you're trying to use it.
    01-12-18 09:44 AM
    I don't have the overheating issue during any update, but it does overheat when using Google Maps for a while. The other day I saw the "cooling down" notification for the first time using Maps in a really really hot day (it's summer where I live)
    01-14-18 08:20 PM
    Taking into account not to use the device always and not to download any programs on it
    It's the nature of the 808 processor. It is a furnace. Just make sure you keep cache and data periodically clear and make sure you close apps instead of leaving them in the background. Even doing that, it will still overheat. In winter it makes a wonderful hand warmer.
    01-15-18 08:36 AM
    The scaling down to 1080p mod really made my priv run less hot most of the time, its well worth it. Look it up in the forums, it should be a sticky imo
    IvanTheTolerable likes this.
    01-15-18 04:00 PM
    the CPU is not capable enough for the phones utility while BlackBerry security etched is consuming resources... Hardware mismatch... needs a re-work & better heat dispersion design...
    01-15-18 04:37 PM
    I'd say it's normal

High consumption CPU, high consumption screen, a lot of moving parts all requiring power.

Bad early optimization. It works fine now. Which it wouldn't be able to do, if the hardware just didn't play well together. It can.

Normal.
    nrthnr likes this.
    01-15-18 05:19 PM
    Mine over heats when im on facebook.com. I don't use the app because I've heard from multiple sources that the overheating is worse. my FB usage is limited as is.
    01-15-18 07:44 PM
    Great in winter as a hand warmer !
    01-16-18 05:39 AM