I got a Rogers priv exactly a week ago. I did try to return it ,but they said I was passed my 30 min talk time on the phone and only option is to send it back for repairs. I really don't like this,because it's a BlackBerry QC problem , why do I have to get stuck with the device. Is there anyone with similar experience and was able to have BlackBerry exchange for a new device? Thanks

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-30-15 10:03 AM
    That's not true. I got mine replaced before the 14 day window. Store didn't have any in Stock so I got one shipped from head office as a replacement. If you are trying to do a return them they may not allow it. But should let you swap the device.

11-30-15 10:13 AM
    Don't press on it! Doesn't creak when closed right? They had to put the phone together some how. If it moves slightly, I don't understand why folks aren't more understanding.
    11-30-15 10:15 AM
    That's not true. I got mine replaced before the 14 day window. Store didn't have any in Stock so I got one shipped from head office as a replacement. If you are trying to do a return them they may not allow it. But should let you swap the device.

Even if I am past my 30 minute talk time?

11-30-15 10:15 AM
    Don't press on it! Doesn't creak when closed right? They had to put the phone together some how. If it moves slightly, I don't understand why folks aren't more understanding.
    If I am trying to press the power button, and missed and hit the chassis,it creaks

11-30-15 10:16 AM
    had the same problem it was annoying..i returned it got a new one which is perfect ...you probably got my old one lol
    11-30-15 10:22 AM
    had the same problem it was annoying..i returned it got a new one which is perfect ...you probably got my old one lol
    No mine was sealed. But were you within your 30 min talk time ?

11-30-15 10:25 AM
    WD-40

IGeeve likes this.
    11-30-15 10:39 AM
    I got a Rogers priv exactly a week ago. I did try to return it ,but they said I was passed my 30 min talk time on the phone and only option is to send it back for repairs. I really don't like this,because it's a BlackBerry QC problem , why do I have to get stuck with the device. Is there anyone with similar experience and was able to have BlackBerry exchange for a new device? Thanks

Returning it is subject to the 30min rule with Rogers but I believe for defective devices exchange it's 15days.

вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵяiv (STV100-3 Rogers Wireless)via CB for Android 5.1.1
    11-30-15 11:00 AM
    You can call rogers loyalty and retention and be nice, they will send you new phone

Blackberry Passport Running 10.3.2.2789
    11-30-15 11:13 AM
    yes you have to be or within 15 days
    No mine was sealed. But were you within your 30 min talk time ?

11-30-15 11:53 AM
    Take the cover of the back. Fold a piece of paper up that just adds say the thickness of a credit card. Then lay it on the back of your phone and snap the cover back on.

This should fill the void and push the back cover out enough so that the connections between the phone and cover are now tight.

It's not ideal but of it works then it beats sending the phone out for repairs.

Look! It's Zedzilla30!
    11-30-15 11:54 AM
    You should be allowed to exchange yours regardless of the talk time. I had the exact same issue as yours and was allowed to keep my old Priv and use it until I received my new one in the mail. Then I mailed my old one back.
    11-30-15 12:27 PM
    I swapped mine out for the same problem! They deemed it dead on arrival.

11-30-15 06:31 PM
    WD-40

This.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-15 06:45 PM
    Mine makes a very slight creak noise now an then on the back side, doesn't bother me at all!
    11-30-15 06:57 PM
    WD-40

kidding or not, it might actually work.
    11-30-15 06:58 PM
    Exchanges and refunds are as follows;

Full refund: 14 days with less than 30 minutes of talk time

Exchange with same make and model of purchased device: 14 days unlimited talk time.

It's written in Rogers 2 year contract I recently got into.

11-30-15 07:01 PM
    Even if I am past my 30 minute talk time?

Correct the 15 day period still applies if you are replacing a defective device. After the 15 days it is sent in for repair.

11-30-15 07:01 PM
    I went in today and asked for exchange, they said no, because it is not a defect recognized by BlackBerry. So they could only send my phone in to BlackBerry for them to see. Really sucks

Posted via CB10 from BlackBerry Passport
    12-01-15 06:38 PM
    Had similar issue - Telus took it back and exchanged it. Who told you it wasn't a "defect" just the salesperson /manager? Call BlackBerry toll free support number that came with phone. Or take to a Rogers corporate store. Franchises are hit/miss

12-01-15 06:52 PM
    I went in today and asked for exchange, they said no, because it is not a defect recognized by BlackBerry. So they could only send my phone in to BlackBerry for them to see. Really sucks

Posted via CB10 from BlackBerry Passport
    Call the blackberry 1-800 number on the 24 hr support card. Tell them about the creaking. They will tell you that it is not happening on their model and will log a case number. Use that case number to prove to them that it is defective. Also some stores are real jack-asses. If they don't allow a return in store, call the 1-800 rogers number. Talk to tech support. They will confirm its a DOA and log it on their file that forces the store to return it. If they do not, call rogers from within the store, and they will 3 way the call and force the return. Finally look at your "sym" key. Is the backlight off, only fully lighting half the key, my first 2 rogers phones had that issue, 3rd one doesn't have that issue. That is a visible defect and they should consider that a DOA no matter what. Hope that helps
    12-01-15 08:25 PM