File manager
    Music player--- because the android one sucks.
    Blend app
    And I have to throw Link in because I liked being able to back up and transfer devices easily.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    FF22 and yvpan1 like this.
    09-23-16 06:56 PM
    Bedside mode.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-16 09:02 PM
    Bedside mode.

Posted via CB10
    Not needed. Configure Do Not Disturb to your liking and activate Daydream to show the clock when charging. I actually like that you can have it disengage automatically with the alarm.

vpblaze likes this.
    09-23-16 09:35 PM
    File manager! I didn't know how good we had it on bb10 until I switched.

09-24-16 11:48 AM
    Seriously, guys, what is it with this File Manager story? I'd understand if we were talking about iOS and its complete lack of file manager functionality, but what was so special about BB10's file manager that can't be done with one of the dozen Android file managers available?
    09-24-16 12:27 PM
    Seriously, guys, what is it with this File Manager story? I'd understand if we were talking about iOS and its complete lack of file manager functionality, but what was so special about BB10's file manager that can't be done with one of the dozen Android file managers available?
    I don't know what these third party file managers are doing or who they are reporting to! Seriously, they have intimate control over all of my files and data. Trust them why? Because? ES File Explorer is suspect. Could these others be, too? Yes, I may be in need of a refreshed tin foil hat but when do we just throw caution to the wind.

Do I want my video player treporting my tastes in movies or my music player reporting me tastes in Classical? NO! My music my movies and it is no one else's business. That's why some of us want risk free or less risk apps. Maybe we wrongly trusted BB but they were a more known quantity than any anonymous app developer
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    09-24-16 01:12 PM
    I don't know what these third party file managers are doing or who they are reporting to! Seriously, they have intimate control over all of my files and data. Trust them why? Because? ES File Explorer is suspect. Could these others be, too? Yes, I may be in need of a refreshed tin foil hat but when do we just throw caution to the wind.

Do I want my video player treporting my tastes in movies or my music player reporting me tastes in Classical? NO! My music my movies and it is no one else's business. That's why some of us want risk free or less risk apps. Maybe we wrongly trusted BB but they were a more known quantity than any anonymous app developer
    Have a look at FX. I've been recommending it for quite some time, but no one listens to me : https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...?id=nextapp.fx

They say:
    "FX protects your privacy:
    * No advertisements
    * No tracking of user activity: FX does not ever "phone home"
    * Built by NextApp, Inc., a US corporation founded in 2002; all proprietary code was developed in-house"

Not that I know whether you should believe that, but I've been using it for some time and it hasn't used a single byte of data, so obviously it doesn't report anything. It does have network access in the list of permissions, but that's mandatory since it has FTP etc. support. System Panel Lite from the same developer also doesn't spend any data.

I don't use video players much, but VLC might be a good choice.
    bill B4 likes this.
    09-24-16 01:24 PM
    me, I truly miss BlackBerry Profiles (for notifications) - so damned simple to setup and use. I do have to say a majority of updates have made some big improvements. Also, my first day device obviously had problems - battery life has improved greatly. BlackBerry Calendar would be another one. I still have to say the flow of BB10 is better, but it's now at an acceptable level on the PRIV.

Other non-Blackberry: SlickTasks - nothing nearly as useful or versatile.

Posted via the Priv, unless by Passport or laptop or something else...
    09-24-16 01:30 PM
    I definitely miss that BB10 calculator and File Manager, too. What I really miss, though, is how deeply integrated the whole thing was with itself out of the box.

Right, but alerts that are/were free in BB Travel (gate change, flight status update, etc.) are paid-for services in WorldMate. Also, BB Travel pulled your itenerary from email (Hub). WorldMate will only pull email from iOS, iirc.
    One would think BlackBerry would build a file manager app for all Android devices?

Posted via CrackBerry App for Android on America's 🌎 largest network.
    09-25-16 07:57 AM
    Blackberry Assistant! Worked great with my QNX software equipped Audi Q5. It has an assigned phone number using a 999 area code so my vehicle could "call" it. That activated it and it worked through vehicle's bluetooth. No Android app does that. And my Q5 does not have Android Auto
    10-10-16 06:40 AM
    BB10 Hub
    BB10 Browser
    File manager
    Blackberry Blend
    Remember

BlackBerry PRIV Vodafone TR
    10-10-16 04:47 PM
    I agree with this guy

10-10-16 08:42 PM
    Isn't remember like the notes app? I was able to transfer all my stuff over via the transfer app.

I miss proper hub integration, I hate how you open like whatsapp then have to open it again in hub to dismiss the notification.

From the BBOS series it'd be nice to have the option to turn off your phone completely, then have it turn on by itself for an alarm.

Also a native music player would be nice so i could use the volume rocker switches to switch between songs. Blend never really worked for me so, I don't even know what I was missing. A BBLink substitute would be excellent though, like smartswitch or something.
    10-11-16 10:27 PM
    Thanks for this. It looks pretty good. But where is the tip calculator? I really miss that extra with the BlackBerry calculator.

Just multiply by .15 for 15%

Posted via the CrackBerry App for BBOS 5
    10-12-16 05:50 AM
    Not needed. Configure Do Not Disturb to your liking and activate Daydream to show the clock when charging. I actually like that you can have it disengage automatically with the alarm.

In my opinion, this is not as simple as the BlackBerry 10 clock and Bedside Mode setup. I totally miss just plugging it in and swiping from the top...done!

With the DND and daydream method. I one have to open my clock app and then hit the 3 dots to put it into night mode. It just not as fluid as Bedside Mode.

Posted via the PrivZilla!
    FF22, Spinal and brian4591 like this.
    10-12-16 06:12 AM
    The whole screen lights up. Why would you need that small LED in addition to that?
    Or do you perhaps want only the LED to signal an incoming call without lighting up the screen? Or maybe you want the camera LED to flash when ringing?
    Flashing led is useful in loud environments. Like my job in an assembly line
    10-12-16 06:13 AM
    Just multiply by .15 for 15%

Posted via the CrackBerry App for BBOS 5
    I must admit a trip to Oregon spoiled me! How so - well, they don't have sales taxes. So, I felt generous and started leaving 20%. Upon returning to WA state, I was feeling cheap and so upped it here, too! But here in WA state, well, Seattle, it becomes somewhat easy. Sales tax is just under 10% , so look at the sales tax and double it for the tip amount.
    10-12-16 08:58 AM
    Uh... none of them? The Passport doesn't exactly have apps.

10-12-16 03:07 PM
    As others have said file manager and music player

10-12-16 05:20 PM
    me, I truly miss BlackBerry Profiles (for notifications) - so damned simple to setup and use. I do have to say a majority of updates have made some big improvements. Also, my first day device obviously had problems - battery life has improved greatly. BlackBerry Calendar would be another one. I still have to say the flow of BB10 is better, but it's now at an acceptable level on the PRIV.

Other non-Blackberry: SlickTasks - nothing nearly as useful or versatile.

Posted via the Priv, unless by Passport or laptop or something else...
    Profiles!!!! I heard that. They worked perfectly and I loved how easy they were to setup. I had several customs but the one I setup for work would vibrate 3 times on an incoming text (no sound or lights) and vibrate only on a phone call (no sound or lights). It was also very easy to customize those defaults too. I miss them so much.
    01-15-17 10:14 PM
    File mgr, remember, a useful universal search
    01-15-17 10:35 PM
    Am I the only person to miss Maps? Much as Google, tomtom and Apple think they have navigation sussed BB Maps always seemed to find me an often highly obscure but faster route than Google or even the wife's TomTom were suggesting.. OK some of the roads it chose were only just describable as roads and when you have both wing mirrors in a hedge on each side at the same time its getting close but they always saved me huge round trips that Google maps etc wanted to take me. I love the Priv but I'm loathe to get rid of my Passport and would love to just perma fix it in the car...
    FF22 likes this.
    01-17-17 04:35 PM
    The radio....
    01-17-17 04:54 PM
    All the native bb apps, lol ..... ah, they were the days (pre blackdroid)

PS and that was my 1,000 th post, so now I'm a cracberry master, lol ..... yep .... more than 6 years since I joined ....
    01-17-17 05:55 PM
74 123