Jesus this "photos'" app from Google is so horrible. Laggy and also scans faces and ****. I can't use this app.

I searched the playstore from other photo apps. All the same.

I came from a galaxy s6.
    That phone has a default photo app called "gallery" can't find that on playstore

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Brad Morse and kertong like this.
    12-04-15 12:12 PM
    Jesus this "photos'" app from Google is so horrible. Laggy and also scans faces and ****. I can't use this app.

I came from a galaxy s6.
    That phone has a default photo app called "gallery" can't find that on playstore

You can use Google Photos locally only - doesn't have to be cloud based. I'm using that and find that it's generally decent. I'm not big into pictures on my work BlackBerry, but when needed the app does okay.

I am familiar with the Gallery app on Samsung units. It's on my tablet. It is also just okay. It messes up where things should go, creates directories with the same names on SD cards and local storage so things get all mucked up. About a month ago I accidentally deleted an entire directory from Gallery while trying to delete individual photos, and because I had no cloud backup. poof, all gone forever.

A friend was at the beach 2 months ago and put a PIN on his phone. Couldn't unlock it later - he had confirmed the PIN but must have literally mistakenly entered it twice. Hundreds of photos - poof - some very memorable. If he'd been using the cloud backup feature of Google, they'd all still be available.

In the end, given some of these experiences, unless your photos are actually sensitive information, there are advantages to automatic cloud sync. It's a popular feature not by accident.
    12-04-15 12:20 PM

I came from a galaxy s6.

I use an app called FOTO Gallery. However, it's not registered as a 'gallery' app so I still have to keep the Google Photos app enabled so certain features still work.

It has a very nice feature to organize your photos into "albums", which are actually folders (what I was looking for). It also provides an option to hide photos with a pass-code with the premium purchase.

FOTO Gallery
    12-04-15 12:23 PM
    I use QuickPic
    BriniaSona likes this.
    12-04-15 12:26 PM
    F-Stop Media Gallery... you might want to pay for the Pro Version key, as well.

I've said it a few times already in various threads, but QuickPic was bought by Cheetah Mobile not too long ago, and Cheetah Mobile has been known for their own shady apps in the past. A lot of people, including myself, jumped ship after QuickPic was sold.
    anon9133023 and DenverRalphy like this.
    12-04-15 02:06 PM
    Originally I was using Sony's media apps called Album (photos) and Music (music, lol). I did a security wipe and cannot install them anymore.

So now I use Kodi for music, video, and photos. It does everything I need. Probably doesn't have the same options for photo organization as other apps, but I like it.

Last edited by buckwylder; 12-04-15 at 02:34 PM.
    12-04-15 02:23 PM
    F-Stop Media Gallery... you might want to pay for the Pro Version key, as well.

I've said it a few times already in various threads, but QuickPic was bought by Cheetah Mobile not too long ago, and Cheetah Mobile has been known for their own shady apps in the past. A lot of people, including myself, jumped ship after QuickPic was sold.
    Yeah, It's a shame too. I really liked QuickPic.

I now currently use MyRoll. I like that it has Android Wear support (cuz after this Christmas, I'll probably have my first Android Wear device).

I'd use Google Photos more, if they didn't use that really crummy UI. I don't know what the heck they were thinking dropping the very efficient Albums/Grid view they had in their old Gallery app that has disappeared.
    12-04-15 02:56 PM

I came from a galaxy s6.

You can try the Gallery app from HTC. They've been updating it as well.

http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/htc-cor...-apk-download/

You'll need to install from unknown sources to install it. Just be sure to toggle that back off when you're done. In case you're worried, I tested it just now and it works. DTek didn't find it accessing anything either. You could even AV scan it with Avast! or Lookout for extra peace of mind if you want, but I'll be surprised if there's a problem.

I tried to get the APK for Gallery, but when I pulled it off of my Note, it wouldn't install on the BlackBerry. It would need some changes to the code for compatibility with non-Samsung devices.

kertong likes this.
    12-04-15 03:34 PM
    Sony Album
    12-04-15 03:40 PM
    I have been using Piktures (that is not a typo), it does everything that I need it for.

DenverRalphy likes this.
    12-04-15 05:49 PM
    I have been using Piktures (that is not a typo), it does everything that I need it for.

Yup Piktures is good too.
    12-04-15 05:59 PM
    I'm using photos but not connected to my account. Works good

Curve > Z10 > Z30 > Passport > Priv
    12-04-15 08:28 PM
    I use QuickPic
    Didn't mean to thank this post. Touch screen clicked it while Scrolling.

But non the less.

Quickpic is owned by cheetah mobile. And that company sells user data.

That's all I have to say.
    12-04-15 08:31 PM
    I use QuickPic, too, and based on what BriniaSona
    said, I checked DTEK, and for QuickPic, this app hasn't accessed any features. That's good news...
    ahmedhanif911 likes this.
    12-05-15 12:12 AM
    I use quick pic and cheetah browser and nothing from dtect for over 2 weeks. Nice browser too simple

12-05-15 02:11 AM
    I use an older re-signed version (pre Cheetah) of QuickPics, I find Picktures too slow rendering larger HDR images (takes about 3 seconds) before the photo is clear.
    12-05-15 02:35 AM