Hello. Would like to change the LED colour for some apps - which Android app is bes to do this? Has anyone downloaded one and had success with it? I've just checked the Play store but there are that many I wouldn't know where to start!
    11-15-15 01:21 PM
    Hello. Would like to change the LED colour for some apps - which Android app is bes to do this? Has anyone downloaded one and had success with it? I've just checked the Play store but there are that many I wouldn't know where to start!
    I've used Light Flow in the past and thought it was excellent. There is a free and paid version. I bought the paid version. There are more options for rooted users but it still gives great control over setting different colors for different notifications as long as the hardware can support it.

Edit: I just went back and read the description of the app in play store and thought you might find this bit interesting:

"If you've come from a Blackberry device and miss the features of BeBuzz / BerryBuzz then give LightFlow a try!"

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-15-15 07:16 PM
    Problem is that you can't do BBM without root, good luck getting root on this device
    11-15-15 07:22 PM
    And their claim that they are BeBuzz is a long way off. They lied to be honest. There is no repeating audio alerts there is no way to use multi colours the only thing that is the same is it blinks the led from one app and even that is not all the apps without root
    11-15-15 07:24 PM
    Problem is that you can't do BBM without root, good luck getting root on this device
    Do you know that for a fact? I mean about BBM not root.

11-15-15 07:24 PM
    What statement rooting the Priv or needing root for BBM LEDs?
    11-15-15 07:25 PM
    And their claim that they are BeBuzz is a long way off. They lied to be honest. There is no repeating audio alerts there is no way to use multi colours the only thing that is the same is it blinks the led from one app and even that is not all the apps without root
    I've used multi colors with the app.

...and sounds can usually be changed in the app itself

11-15-15 07:27 PM
    So you can use 3 different colours for one app? BeBuzz was know for creating your own sequence of led colours. You could make your led look like a police cruiser lights if you wanted to. This app only gives you one light colour choice per app. Not unless I really missed this option
    11-15-15 07:30 PM
    So you can use 3 different colours for one app? BeBuzz was know for creating your own sequence of led colours. You could make your led look like a police cruiser lights if you wanted to. This app only gives you one light colour choice per app. Not unless I really missed this option
    Oh I see. No, I've created my own colors (even mixed colors to create new colors) for apps but I've never used more than one color for one app and that's probably not an option.

However, I found it more than adequate because I wouldn't want more than one color per app since I like the color to tell me what app it is. I can keep different colors for different apps and know which app has a current notification and would probably get confused if I tried to have a different color for every person on messaging or something and due to the limitations of LEDs, there isn't 'that' wide a range of colors and some look too similar to each other.

But if the OP wants more control than what is native, I still think it's a winner.

11-15-15 07:36 PM
    I know but let's say BBM is Blue but Facebook is quick Blue Red Blue but happens quicker so those 3 lights happen in the same time as one. It is very useful then one colour. And reminder alerts were awesome so if you didn't acknowledge a notification in a certain time it played another tone of your choice. That was BeBuzz and this app is nothing like it. They should stop advertising it is all I am saying
    11-15-15 07:45 PM
    I know but let's say BBM is Blue but Facebook is quick Blue Red Blue but happens quicker so those 3 lights happen in the same time as one. It is very useful then one colour. And reminder alerts were awesome so if you didn't acknowledge a notification in a certain time it played another tone of your choice. That was BeBuzz and this app is nothing like it. They should stop advertising it is all I am saying
    Well almost. I can have Facebook be solid blue for a longer duration. I can use the same color blue for another app but have it flash more rapidly to know the difference. Can I go blue, red, blue for one app no. The developer didn't say it was exactly the same only that if you were used to blackberry, that this is similar and to give it a shot.

And we get it, android pales to the superior BB10 but try to get over it just enough to be able to help your BB10 brethren feel a little more comfortable in the transition. Thank god there are android users here to bring some positivity right now.

11-15-15 07:56 PM
    I spreading the love all weekend on this forum, just calling a spade a spade, if he is looking for BeBuzz he won't find it. That's not negative it's just what it is I am not beating on Android at all trying to embrace it and doing that means accepting there are some thing that used to exist that no longer do on android. It does not make Android bad just different. You have a friend here not a hater
    Trisk333 likes this.
    11-15-15 08:03 PM