Were there ever any Non-Carrier, unlocked, GSM, Privs for USA market?
    02-14-18 03:06 PM
    Yes, but the market has dried up, now it’s mostly carrier unlocked phones. Just as good.
    02-14-18 03:20 PM
    Yes, but the market has dried up, now it’s mostly carrier unlocked phones. Just as good.
    Would you know if an ATT Priv and T.Mobile Priv have the same GSM radios?

NEVER MIND; I found this: https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...ncies-1043968/
    02-14-18 03:23 PM
    This is a reference thread to document the different models and network bands for the BlackBerry Priv. Similar threads for the Classic, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, and Q5 are located here, here, here, here, here, and here, respectively.

Click on image to enlarge:

BlackBerry Priv Models and Supported Frequencies-priv.png

How this works: compare your carrier's bands to figure out which model of the Priv is best for your use. Or check below to see if your carrier is on the list. If you don't see it and don't know your carrier's bands, ask for a compatibility check. Just post your carrier's name and country when asking.

Compatible Carriers

STV100-1: AT&T, Telus, Koodo, Bell, Virgin Canada, Rogers, Fido, WIND, T-Mobile USA, Claro (Argentina, Brazil, DR, Colombia, Peru, Uruguay,) Movistar (Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Costa Rica, Mexico, Peru, Spain, Uruguay, Venezuela,) Vivo Brazil, Oi Brazil, Telcel, WOM, BTC, Digicel Antigua and Barbuda, Warid, Zong, Cell C, Celcom, 3 (UK, HK, Indonesia, Denmark, Austria, Italy, Ireland,) EE, Telekom DE, Bouygues, SFR, Vodafone (India, AU, UK, DE, Greece, Ireland, Italy, NL, Portugal, Spain, Qatar,) Sunrise, Swisscom, O2 (UK, CZ, DE,) Elisa (Estonia, Finland,) Orange (Belgium, FR, Poland, Romania, Spain,) T-Mobile (Austria, CZ, Hungary, Poland,) Telia (Denmark, Sweden,) Telenor (Denmark, Hungary, Norway, Pakistan,) du, Batelco, Ooredoo Qatar, Etisalat UAE, MTN SA, Vodacom SA, Digitel, Nextel Brazil, Yoigo, 2degrees, Celcom, Maxis, DiGi, U Mobile, csl., PCCW, M1, StarHub, Tele2 RU

STV100-2: Verizon, Telus, Koodo, WIND, Claro (Argentina, Brazil, Costa Rica, DR, Colombia, Peru, Uruguay,) Entel Bolivia, Movistar (Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Costa Rica, Mexico, Peru, Spain, Uruguay, Venezuela,) Vivo Brazil, Oi Brazil, Telcel, WOM, 3 (UK, HK, Indonesia, Denmark, Austria, Italy, Ireland,) EE, Telekom DE, Bouygues, SFR, Vodafone (India, AU, UK, DE, Greece, Ireland, Italy, NL, Portugal, Spain, Qatar,) Sunrise, Swisscom, O2 (UK, CZ, DE,) Elisa (Estonia, Finland,) Orange (Belgium, FR, Poland, Romania, Spain,) T-Mobile (Austria, Hungary, Poland,) Telia (Denmark, Sweden,) Telenor (Denmark, Hungary, Norway, Pakistan,) Yoigo, du, Batelco, Ooredoo Qatar, Etisalat UAE, MTN SA, Vodacom SA, Digitel, Nextel Brazil, 2degrees, Warid, Zong, Celcom, Maxis, DiGi, U Mobile, csl., PCCW, M1, StarHub, Tele2 RU

STV100-3: All carriers compatible with STV100-1 and STV100-4 plus Airtel India, Aircel, China Mobile Hong Kong, Mobily, Zain, STC, MTS RU, MegaFon, 8ta, SKY Brazil

STV100-4: Telus, Koodo, Rogers, Fido, Bell, Virgin Canada, WIND, EE,Telekom DE, Bouygues, SFR, Vodafone (India, AU, UK, DE, CZ, Greece, Ireland, Italy, NL, NZ, Portugal, Spain, Qatar,) Sunrise, Swisscom, O2 (UK, CZ, DE,) Elisa (Estonia, Finland,) Orange (Belgium, FR, Poland, Romania, Spain,) T-Mobile (Austria, CZ, Hungary, NL, Poland,) TeliaSonera (Denmark, Sweden,) SingTel, KT, 3 (UK, HK, Indonesia, Denmark, Austria, Italy, Ireland,) Telenor (Denmark, Hungary, Norway, Pakistan,) du, Batelco, Ooredoo Qatar, Etisalat UAE, MTN SA, Vodacom SA, Claro (Argentina, Brasil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Panama, Peru,) Entel (Bolivia, Chile,) Movistar (Chile, Costa Rica, Panama, Uruguay, Spain,) Digitel, Vivo Brazil, Oi Brazil, Nextel Brazil, WOM, Yoigo, 2degrees, Spark NZ, Celcom, Maxis, DiGi, U Mobile, csl., PCCW, SmarTone, M1, Singtel, StarHub, Chunghwa Telecom, China Unicom

https://forums.crackberry.com/attach...ncies-priv.png

ALL THE ABOVE INFO IS CREDITED TO ;ranio
    02-14-18 03:26 PM
    02-14-18 03:28 PM
    B&H Photo, Sold by Amazon.com units were factory unlocked.
    02-14-18 03:28 PM
    Thanks could not get the chart to come up for him
    02-14-18 03:32 PM
    I have an OG Priv

Sent from my BBB100-1 using Tapatalk
    02-15-18 09:28 AM
    I have an OG Priv

Sent from my BBB100-1 using Tapatalk
    You've got an unlocked STV100-1? How's it working for you on battery life, getting hot?
    02-15-18 09:38 AM
    You've got an unlocked STV100-1? How's it working for you on battery life, getting hot?
    Battery life is OK depending on what I do... the USB port is broken so it lives on a QI Charge stand as backup for my KEYᴼᴺᴱ frankly not much better, less heating, poor display, toy like...
    02-15-18 09:41 AM
    Lots of STV100-1's were not carrier. I have one, direct from BlackBerry. Battery is fair, (not good, not bad) no heat issues.
    I understand non carrier versions are hard to come by now, anybody that has one doesn't want to give it up. And they are considered obsolete now. (Who am I kidding, they ARE obsolete now.) But I'm not willing to give mine up. There's better phones out there, but none with keyboards.
    02-18-18 05:57 PM
    the USB port is broken
    You know a phone repair shop will replace it for 40 or 50 bucks
    02-18-18 06:02 PM
    The AT&T carrier locked versions had update problems and caused people some issues when they were carrier unlocked. Eventually AT&T with BlackBerry pushed out an update to basically switch the phone and basically make it factory unlocked. At time, you only got special device software update,if you were AT&T customer.
    02-18-18 06:06 PM
    There have been some problems lately with people buying AT&T Privs, not completely up to date and not being able to update without an active AT&T SIM. And people buying an up to date phone, but not being able to carrier unlock. Or even just not being able to get rid of the AT&T bloatware.
    I would advise very strongly against buying an AT&T version, unless there are some ironclad guarantee's in place. If the add or posting says 'unlocked', beware, it may be carrier unlocked, but thats not the same as factory unlocked. It may still have some AT&T chains attached.
    02-19-18 06:40 AM
    There have been some problems lately with people buying AT&T Privs, not completely up to date and not being able to update without an active AT&T SIM. And people buying an up to date phone, but not being able to carrier unlock. Or even just not being able to get rid of the AT&T bloatware.
    I would advise very strongly against buying an AT&T version, unless there are some ironclad guarantee's in place. If the add or posting says 'unlocked', beware, it may be carrier unlocked, but thats not the same as factory unlocked. It may still have some AT&T chains attached.
    I thought that was rectified a while back using the autoloader.

Besides, why does it matter anyways, the Autoloader for the final October patch is out, not like there will be any other updates.
    02-19-18 08:43 AM
    It doesn't matter if the phone has the final update, or you can get it, and don't mind all the AT&T crap.
    Most, (or at least many) of the Privs were converted to factory unlocked status. But if you get one that wasn't, you may be stuck with the bloatware, and whatever update it happens to be on, which may not be the latest, Oct.
    The autoloader won't work unless AT&T released the IMEI to BB back then.
    Plenty of the AT&T units are fine, you just to be careful, because not all of them are. Just be careful, and informed.
    02-19-18 08:54 PM
    It doesn't matter if the phone has the final update, or you can get it, and don't mind all the AT&T crap.
    Most, (or at least many) of the Privs were converted to factory unlocked status. But if you get one that wasn't, you may be stuck with the bloatware, and whatever update it happens to be on, which may not be the latest, Oct.
    The autoloader won't work unless AT&T released the IMEI to BB back then.
    Plenty of the AT&T units are fine, you just to be careful, because not all of them are. Just be careful, and informed.
    The only way the AT&T units got any updates past December 2016 was if the unit had AT&T customer status at time, received the special update from AT&T/BlackBerry to change status from carrier locked, then receive the remaining updates from BlackBerry directly.

The special update also fixed a problem with serious "NO SVC" issue that required LTE to be turned off in settings in the AT&T models. This is why the whole fix with AT&T was created in cooperation with BlackBerry in the first place. AT&T no longer wanted to service any carrier devices whether or not sold by them. At this point, if not released by AT&T, then special updated, PRIV will have probable issues.
    02-19-18 09:07 PM