I went to the store today to get a Priv. The salesman who I have known for years and who has never done me wrong, told me to not get the Priv since they have had a 100% return rate. He said to get an iPhone or any other android device.
    lift and techvisor like this.
    01-22-16 02:38 PM
    If you read about all the problems that the phone has, I'm not surprised that it has a high return rate. Unlikely that it is anywhere near 100% but I'd bet that's it's pretty high. Who wants to spend that much money on a phone that does the things posted in these forums.?
    murphcid and techvisor like this.
    01-22-16 02:46 PM
    What did you get?

Posted via CB10
    01-22-16 02:47 PM
    Don't listen to him, get the PRIV you'll be happy with it!
    Whenever a new product comes out especially from Blackberry, people seem to focus on everything that's not perfect rather than whats great.
    I got a new PRIV when they were released and did return it only because I still was happy with my Passport. However I found myself missing the PRIV so I recently bought a new one from Amazon and cant be happier with it.

Sure if you focus on the negatives you'll find something wrong, just like any device, however I think Blackberry has done a great job on this phone and deserves credit for doing what they need to pull them selves up and continue in this competitive bushiness. I think they make great devices and find myself continuing to come back to them.

Its a great phone and offers something unique that no other phone offers..Go for it!
    01-22-16 02:50 PM
    It's hard to base anything on what one salesperson says -- who might be zealously pro or against any certain product for any reason(s).
    zlatno likes this.
    01-22-16 03:08 PM
    Some of my close relatives got the same advice and did go to iPhone .
    techvisor likes this.
    01-22-16 03:21 PM
    Is the aforementioned salesman a Samsung or Apple fan by any chance?

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    01-22-16 03:22 PM
    I bought 2 Privs at AT&T, one for my wife and one for myself. Got them in November and zero problems with either of them. Only problems are with the crappy android OS. I miss bb10.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Priv
    01-22-16 03:24 PM
    Obviously his info is inaccurate, as I am still rocking the same device I purchased on launch day. I've never had an at&t rep talk me out of my decision, and I doubt they could even if they tried. What choice did you make?

Posted via CB10
    01-22-16 04:07 PM
    I've had the same one from day one and it's excellent.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-22-16 04:09 PM
    I went to the store today to get a Priv. The salesman who I have known for years and who has never done me wrong, told me to not get the Priv since they have had a 100% return rate. He said to get an iPhone or any other android device.
    Never done you wrong you say? Based on him telling you they have had a 100% return rate with the Priv I would question his integrity and honesty. So continue with your belief he is a stand up guy and won't get over on you.

I've had my Priv since launch, as have others, and I've had no issues with the Priv's build quality or performance.

Bob

Posted via the CrackBerry App with my BlackBerry Priv on AT&T
    01-22-16 04:38 PM
    Simple minded, technologically spastic iPhone fans.

01-22-16 05:03 PM
    I'm still doing RESEARCH on The BlackBerry Priv, but I'm definitely going to check it out in person once my "paper research" (CrackBerry, YouTube, internet, ectera) is complete. I really like what I'm seeing so far.
    sam81 and middbrew like this.
    01-22-16 05:07 PM
    Every phone rep at every company I have ever tried to buy a BlackBerry from has always tried to dissuade me. Take it with a grain of salt.
    01-22-16 05:14 PM
    I got an AT&T Priv just one week ago, I did not return it! :-) I switch between Passport and Priv

Posted via CB10
    01-22-16 05:25 PM
    Did not get anything, I am going to wait.

What did you get?

Posted via CB10
    01-22-16 05:30 PM
    Yeah, this guy I trust because he has never, not once tried to force a phone on me, he has offered options, but he is a good guy ( who I have gotten phones from for five years now). And he suffered through a hour of showing my lovely spouse of 27 years how to use her iPhone (she would not listen to me). Now the 100% return rate might be peculiar to this store, but I keep reading here and on Crackberry about people going through 1, 2 ,3 Privs before they get a "good one". He was just telling me what was happening at this particular store and what AT&T seems to be experiencing. I have never had to return any iPhone I have gotten for the wife and kids, nor any HTC phone I have ever used. They work, they work right out of the box. Both Blackberry 9700's I had, the keyboards died at six months, no other phone I have ever used had that issue. He might know what he is talking about, and the posts here seem to bear him out.

It's hard to base anything on what one salesperson says -- who might be zealously pro or against any certain product for any reason(s).
    dejanh and techvisor like this.
    01-22-16 05:31 PM
    Actually he likes Blackberry, but is made to use Samsung since that is the "corporate phone".

Is the aforementioned salesman a Samsung or Apple fan by any chance?

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    01-22-16 05:32 PM
    Got my Priv since day 1, never experienced anything wrong with this device, same with my gf. It's the Perfect phone

Posted via CB10
    murphcid and Edrian Villa like this.
    01-22-16 05:35 PM
    I know, seems some posters have been through 2-5 Privs before the get a "good one". And apparently the battery dies super fast according to several threads, doesn't even make it through a day.

If you read about all the problems that the phone has, I'm not surprised that it has a high return rate. Unlikely that it is anywhere near 100% but I'd bet that's it's pretty high. Who wants to spend that much money on a phone that does the things posted in these forums.?
    dejanh and techvisor like this.
    01-22-16 05:36 PM
    In reality they could have only sold 1 one Priv and had it returned. That would be a 100% return rate. That is also assuming he was telling the truth/wasn't misinformed. We have also had plenty of carrier reps say devices like the Z10 and Passport were selling amazingly, and we all know how that turned out. I personally don't trust a single thing sales reps say...
    01-22-16 05:48 PM
    Yeah, this guy I trust because he has never, not once tried to force a phone on me, he has offered options, but he is a good guy ( who I have gotten phones from for five years now). And he suffered through a hour of showing my lovely spouse of 27 years how to use her iPhone (she would not listen to me). Now the 100% return rate might be peculiar to this store, but I keep reading here and on Crackberry about people going through 1, 2 ,3 Privs before they get a "good one". He was just telling me what was happening at this particular store and what AT&T seems to be experiencing. I have never had to return any iPhone I have gotten for the wife and kids, nor any HTC phone I have ever used. They work, they work right out of the box. Both Blackberry 9700's I had, the keyboards died at six months, no other phone I have ever used had that issue. He might know what he is talking about, and the posts here seem to bear him out.
    Show him this article, in particular the 3rd device.
    01-22-16 05:53 PM
    Sales guys are pretty low on the pecking order at the stores, especially if it's not a corporate AT&T store.
    I doubt they know the real numbers for sales or returns.

I'm suspicious that Apple is trying to react to softening demand for their phones by sweetening their incentives for sales which is motivating them to sell more of the half eaten fruit.
    paulbbp likes this.
    01-22-16 07:13 PM
    One thing I've never done in my entire life is listen to a sales person to make a purchasing decision.

That is simply out of the question. Sales people who are on the job can only be trusted to make themselves money and nothing more.

Whenever I visit any of my carrier's independent dealers or corporate stores, I'm literally never asked what I want. They also never try to sell me on anything. I go in, get what I want, buy it, and leave.

I'm very friendly and approachable, but they still never approach me. I control the vibe in the room.

Jonneh, DolemiteDONS and John Gee like this.
    01-22-16 07:18 PM
    I've had mine since day one and have had no issues. I would doubt anyone who says a device has a 100 percent return rate. That rarely happens.

01-22-16 07:51 PM
91 123 ...