Maybe I should have said that my post was not meant to be serious...
    I know, just saying lol.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-15 10:16 AM
    Avenger was most likely the name that was used internally. Many big corporations do this so if the name hits the streets no one knows what the device or product truly is.

Posted via CB10
    Venice was the internal name.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-15 10:37 AM
    Avenger was most likely the name that was used internally. Many big corporations do this so if the name hits the streets no one knows what the device or product truly is.

Posted via CB10
    Internal name was the Venice

Posted via CB10
    09-08-15 10:38 AM
    Mr Freeze, your comment had me ROTFL

Posted via CB10
    mrfreeze likes this.
    09-08-15 10:39 AM
    Internal name was the Venice

Posted via CB10
    Venice could have been internal name for one iteration and avenger for the other. Until the device is officially announced I'm not counting on any rumored name being true.

That being said I'm not a fan of the avenger name unless they piggy back on the movies for marketing purposes.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-15 01:56 PM
    Yes you are so right! I am really mad about that, too! How can one simply put together a letter and a number to identify a device. And even if they make it so clear (at least in the beginning) of the Z and Q line, where the device is to be seen in the specific touch / kb series...! That's so silly. I wonder when there'll be a company just putting out something like S2 or whatever. These names really make me angry!

For the future please don't make such clear names! Better name then Bold 2356, Bold 1156 or even Bold 2342! This way we know that BB really thought about the devices names...

Or even names like leap, classic, etc. are better. So these devices could at least look like some kind of upgraded devices, even if they have the exact same HW inside... Maybe without compass, 5 GHz Wifi, etc. but still.... They are newer and better. Just imagine to name them Z5 or Q10,5....
    Uhhhhh samsung, apple, lg, HTC, Sony. Basically the biggest smartphone makers all use a letter and number to name their flagships
    lift likes this.
    09-08-15 02:06 PM
    Uhhhhh samsung, apple, lg, HTC, Sony. Basically the biggest smartphone makers all use a letter and number to name their flagships
    Not sure if your response was in jest, but he was being sarcastic lol.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-15 03:00 PM
    Better yet, call it Anti-sale.

Posted via C5303
    Your right if it an Android OS phone it will be Anti-Sale for me.
    09-08-15 11:14 PM
    How about it being called BlackBerry Vision??
    Maybe they are hinting at a name from the second Avengers movie

Posted via CB10
    09-09-15 01:15 PM
    How about it being called BlackBerry Vision??
    Maybe they are hinting at a name from the second Avengers movie

Posted via CB10
    That wouldn't be too bad actually.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-15 01:24 PM
    That wouldn't be too bad actually.

Posted via CB10
    Great name, �f it is named so because it is a device that follows the BlackBerry company's visions.

Poor name, if it is randomly based on a comic book character.

BlackBerry 10, Passport signed | BB Social → C0007CC89
    09-09-15 03:56 PM
    Honestly just stick with Venice. It's the name most people have become accustomed too. By people I'm referring to those outside of CrackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-15 05:34 PM
    I don't know how reliable that source is, the article sounds somewhat legit though, which does actually worry me a bit.

Avenger would be a horrible name. Besides what Bla1ze has already mentioned, why would you name a business device Avenger? Or is this because they want to try their last hit on the consumer market?

Anyway, I just hope this is a bad joke.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-15 05:37 PM
    I don't know how reliable that source is, the article sounds somewhat legit though, which does actually worry me a bit.

Avenger would be a horrible name. Besides what Bla1ze has already mentioned, why would you name a business device Avenger? Or is this because they want to try their last hit on the consumer market?

Anyway, I just hope this is a bad joke.

Posted via CB10
    Most likely this device does not only focus on business customers.

Curved edges and Google Playstore really screams for Mainstream. I personally think the name is not really really bad. But device names are nothing else but names to for the product marketing. So it's kind of an odd discussion anyway. Seriously, you could name the device stinking fish soup and it would still do the same.... But we know that BB isn't really good at marketing so, no matter what the name's gonna be. At least advertise it right...
    09-15-15 09:30 AM
    To me Avenger is just like trying too hard. I like Venice, it's and elegant name

Posted via CB10
    09-15-15 09:39 AM
    ... mabye BlackBerry Curved ....
    09-15-15 09:52 AM
    I'll say it again, the name will be BlackBerry Slider.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-15 05:09 PM
    I'll say it again, the name will be BlackBerry Slider.

Posted via CB10
    And if you think about it, it's actually a good name
    ayngling likes this.
    09-16-15 09:17 AM
    If it will be, someone should create an app that mimicks the countdown timer from Sliders.

BlackBerry 10, Passport signed | BB Social → C0007CC89
    09-16-15 09:56 AM
119 ... 345