Can someone do a summarised translation of that article please?

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    09-06-15 02:30 PM
    Blackberry "Avenger"... Sounds like it's trying too hard... Venice seems decent, more classy.
    09-06-15 03:06 PM
    Instead of Avenger, how about Challenger.
    motec bb likes this.
    09-06-15 03:19 PM
    Can't imagine a business guy pulling out his avenger....
    PassPort. Super cool sounding
    Galaxy. Also
    IPhone. Nice,
    But Avenger?!?!

Q10 on 10.3.2.2474
    webber27 likes this.
    09-06-15 03:24 PM
    Instead of Avenger, how about Challenger.
    As long as it doesn't explode after 40 seconds after "launching"......

Q10 on 10.3.2.2474
    bitratebb and pantlesspenguin like this.
    09-06-15 03:25 PM
    Leaked promotional image for the Avenger:
    Welcome BlackBerry Avenger?-photofunia-1441572193.jpg
    Last edited by Hlao-roo; 09-06-15 at 04:13 PM.
    09-06-15 03:44 PM
    You have to Tweet this to John Chen!
    09-06-15 03:57 PM
    Why can't I ever see attached thumbnails on the bb10 browser?!... what is this image???
    09-06-15 03:58 PM
    Can someone do a summarised translation of that article please?

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    I' m gonna try to summarize some of the main points. But let me say, it is not well written in German either, so there is still a lot of room for speculation. Maybe someone with better English skills jumps in...

- BlackBerry is happy with the Passport, and does not want to change Passport's OS.
    - BlackBerry is happy with BB10 and it's ability to run apks.
    - BlackBerry says, that there is no difference to native Android performance and only 3% of Android Apps do not run. (>>Do they really mean the actual runtime, or do they speak of a improved one, that will come???<<)
    - BlackBerry says, that there could come a device with curved display, that is called "Avenger" and will run Android.
    - Blackberry's use of Android will handle some of the services and datas over their own servers without giving them to Google. This was negotiated with Google.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-15 04:03 PM
    Here is my complete translation of the article. It's not perfect but it's definitely better than Google Translate ^^

================================================

"BlackBerry Passport with Android won't happen" - and information on the upcoming slider.

Bam - that was a clear statement, when BlackBerry told us, that there definitely wont be a BlackBerry Passport with Android. But we were rewarded with the presumably final name of the upcoming BlackBerry Venice.

The canadian manufacturer who had a rather small booth at IFA had a clear position: The BlackBerry Passport is good the way it is. And since they already updated the design with the Silver Edition, they won't change anything.

They were satisfied with the current operating system and BlackBerry and their users had all they need and if one would need to run an Android App he could install APKs on their devices with very little effort. There would be no difference to a native Android System and the apps would run with good performance, except for about 3% that don't run at all.

It might have been a stupid coinsidence, but the Minions endless runner app, which was installed on a Passport display unit was stuttering and lagging as hell. But we won't judge at this time - we will get an own review unit on which we can test the Android compatibility respectively the Android apps. But the Passport at least will likely never run on Android.

This contradicts the information DuDroid and others have reportedly received directly form BlackBerry. The plan to release an Android Passport has not been completely canceled but the success of the awaited launch of the Slider, that we know as Venice, will tell.

BlackBerry Venice will be named "Avenger"

And now to the exiting informaition we've got, and I'm quoting: "Under certain circumstances, eventually, maybe, there might exist a smartphone wth a curved display running Android" (which has leaked several times now).

For BlackBerry it took long and exhausting negotiations and discussions with Google to reach an agreement that certain services don't use Googles but BlackBerrys own servers, which they have more trust in. If that is true this might be the first time that a smartphone manufacturer prevailed against the search engine giant from Mountain View. BlackBerry places great value on safety and secure data transfer and that's commendable.

They were less secure when it came to mentioning the name of the upcoming Slider. I'll try to qoute as good possible:

"There is a Marvel-Comic in wich many super heroes appear. There are also two movies based on that comic. This is what the phones name under certain circumstances, eventually will be."

And since we can safely exclude Ultron and X-Men, obviously the name will be BlackBerry Avenger. It will be announced somewhen in October/November by the way.

If the BlackBerry Avenger doesn't live up to it's name and meet the expectations it could well be that BlackBerry is loosing even more of its market share. BlackBerry was once the number one in business smartphones but only serving a niche of customers now. A total fail of the BlackBerry Avenger could become a real problem for the Canadians.

But we won't be to negative - I am extremely excited about the phone and whether BlackBerry finds a place alongside other major manufacturers with Android devices. I think they deserve it, and I think I deserve it, that BlackBerry changes its mind and releases an Android Passport after all.

Please note:
    We were told that all of the information we received are definitely not definitive, but we are aware of that. It could also be that the name will be changed at the last moment. But two employees have confirmed, that "Venice" will definitely will not be the name of the final product.

Edit:
    I asked mobileCTRL on twitter if they could see the device itself. They said that there was one but only selected people could have a look at it and even those had to sign confidentiality agreements.

Here is a link to the original article: http://mobilectrl.de/blackberry-pass...menden-slider/
    Last edited by Ulferini Schusterotti; 09-06-15 at 04:55 PM.
    09-06-15 04:25 PM
    Should be called the REVENGER!!

 Posted by Passport, BlackBerry's Beast 
    09-06-15 04:34 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PhotoFunia-1441572193.jpg 
Views:	2262 
Size:	36.6 KB 
ID:	370147
    Let's tweet this one. It's awesome hahahaha!

Posted via CB10
    09-06-15 04:37 PM
    I'd welcome a red/gold Venice/Avenger(I don't buy that name, just fyi)

I always wanted the S6 Edge iron man edition... that would look sexy as hell with the slider

Attached Thumbnails Welcome BlackBerry Avenger?-iron_sam2.jpg  
    09-06-15 04:49 PM
    Blackberry Vision, Blackberry Torch 2, Blackberry Sabre(tooth)....
    Let the games begin
    09-06-15 04:55 PM
    Lol.
    09-06-15 04:59 PM
    Lol.
    you think it's as ridiculous as I do, don't you?
    09-06-15 05:16 PM
    BlackBerry Dual or Duel. Two Operating Systems and two keyboards v&pkb.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-15 05:30 PM
    Oh well, if avenger is a good name then they could use Berrypop instead of lollipop...

Posted via CB10
    muindor likes this.
    09-06-15 05:34 PM
    Tonnes of names suggested here. Even avenger was suggested.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...lider-1003511/
    09-06-15 05:34 PM
    you think it's as ridiculous as I do, don't you?
    Pretty much. Not only would they be attaching their name to Marvel they would also be attaching it Samsung who has already released 'Avenger' based devices as most folks already know. That'd be so incredibly weak. And that's without considering the source of the information and the fact there's nothing to back it up at all. I won't say it's wrong because honestly, I don't know but it would be incredibly stupid and again, there's no basis for it at all. Could easily just say it's called 'BlackBerry Jet' as well or even 'Cypher'. At least those are something that BlackBerry has already registered lol.
    09-06-15 05:46 PM
    Blackberry Nexus, now that would be fun...

Posted via CB10
    MO3iusONE, ayngling and Ment like this.
    09-06-15 05:52 PM
    Blackberry Nexus, now that would be fun...

Posted via CB10
    Coming in November with Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
    MO3iusONE and ayngling like this.
    09-06-15 06:06 PM
    Stupid name in my opinion.
    09-06-15 06:07 PM
    As long as they won't call it "the Flop", it's OK with me
    Nah. That title is only given to BB10 devices.

Posted from an ME173X
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    09-06-15 06:12 PM
    If you are going to name a "slider" anything, it should be WD-40!
    09-06-15 06:23 PM
119 1234 ...